Down 27-20..

Another Fan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down 7 with 3 minutes and change left with TT leading us down the field? 25% chance is what I told myself...then we scored. Still scared when TB had the ball, AAAAND still scared when we kicked off with 14 seconds left (forward lateral ptsd), AND on that last play with the laterals waiting for them to end it...

I don't think any Bills fan over the age of 25 sat through that last four minutes and at any point had absolute confidence.

When the Bucs tied it I was just thinking of the wasted opportunities the Bills left on the field. When the Bucs scored to take the lead, I was upset and thought that was the game. The Bills proved me wrong. If the Bills can keep being productive on offense then I can be retrained to think the Bills are never out of it. Just not quite there yet.

C'mon, admit it. Even with zeros on the clock, you were watching TB run the razzle dazzle play, and kept moving the ball from player to player, and somewhere deep in the back of your mind you were thinking "If these sonsabitches score on this freaking play..."

That play lasted a long time and was getting on my nerves.

However, the play kept going backwards, so I wasn't freaked out about it.

I think the play was ruled down at the original line of scrimmage. :lol:

Marcell ended it with a hustle play.

That play lasted a long time and was getting on my nerves.

However, the play kept going backwards, so I wasn't freaked out about it.

I think the play was ruled down at the original line of scrimmage. :lol:

@NFL

The final play today in Buffalo... 1f62f.png#TBvsBUF

https://video.twimg....nRGOUGcB2vO.mp4

I'm a believer that no team in any sport any year any time wins without a couple star players. That's why I was against the Watkins trade. I thought and still think he will be a star player. That's debatable for sure but let's not argue that here. Right now we have one star player, Shady. Star players make game changing plays at opportune times because they are stars. There is something about them that makes them different. There are only let's say 60 of them at any one time in the league. Some teams have 3-4 and some 0-1.

After six games it's possible that Tre White will be a star. It's surely not a given. But what he did in this game is what star players do. He has made a bunch of great plays in his six game career. His return of a fumble in the Falcon game was a star player play because not everyone would have picked the ball up like that. He actually practices that every day. He grabs obvious incomplete passes in practice during the week, scoops them up and runs them all the way back to the endzone just to make that his mindset. Players have spoken about it.

It's one of those I don't know how it works but it's true things. In hockey, the puck gravitates to star players

Very interesting, and I think true. I agree the Bills don't have any stars right now except Shady. I wish they had not traded Watkins but there's no point in debating that now.

Watching Taylor at QB is a roller coaster experience. He misses so many ordinary plays through inaccurate throws, holding the ball too long, not seeing the field. But then he makes plays that few if any QBs in the league can make. I can't say I feel confident that he will ever be a QB to regularly lead a team back from a deficit, but he's what we've got now and his talents are not inconsiderable.

I was glad to see Dennison put in some of the sort of run plays that the Bills did so well the last few seasons. I hope he continues to be so flexible.

Edited by Dr. K

When Shady fumbled I got up and went in the other room; I couldn't take watching anymore so I started following the game on Twitter. Part of the problem was that my dad was dealing with the stress by looking at his iPad and my son was busily texting on his phone. They had already mentally checked out, something that I do in other sports (Mets/Sabres/Cuse) but can't seem to do with the Bills. I need to either be alone or be with people who are as invested as I am. So off to Twitter I went. When the Bucs scored I said, hell with it, and went back and stood in the doorway to watch what I was sure would end up being a loss. Then boom, boom, boom, we scored, and my first reaction was "we left too much time on the clock." But I stayed in the doorway rather than resume my seat, and then came the fumble and the FG. I figured we had it by then so I took my seat, only to almost regret it with that stupid Cal-Stanford play at the end. Hell yes I thought someone was going to leave his lane and there was going to be some Music City Miracle BS.

I clearly need help, and I know I'm not alone.

I clearly need help, and I know I'm not alone.

After the Shady fumble, I mused to my wife how if any other thing in my life consistently gave me as much grief as watching a Bills game, I would fix it. If the Bills were a woman, or a job, or an employee -- anything other than a football team -- I'd stop spending time with them.

But somehow, every Sunday, even though I know what's coming, there I am...in front of the TV...holding a sign that apparently says "Thank you, sir. May I have another."

Be honest how many here thought we were in real trouble? Even tying it at 27-27 I was nervous Tampa was gonna milk the clock at get a field goal.

Years of seeing bad results, has always made me skeptical. Still the Atlanta game and today's are gradually changing that in me a little. Still a ways to go but glad about today.

Go Bills!

I thought it was over. I think I even posted on here saying "Same old Bills"

Clearly I was wrong and was happy to be so

CBF

I was golfing early in the day so I set the DVR to record the game...when we finished our round we had a beer and I couldn't help but see the halftime score so I hustled home to watch the rest of it live.

When Shady fumbled at 20-20 I actually got up and went to take a shower. I just knew the Bills would blow it and didn't want to see it. I came out of the shower to see the 27-20 score, a moment before the big pass to Thompson. Needless to say I watched from there.

I think any Bills fan who's paid attention these last few years thought it was over and for good reason. You had all the ingredients of a loss. Bucs had all the momentum. Six points were left on the board. The Bucs offense looked unstoppable with a hot quarterback in Winston with two great WR's and we lost Gaines. Taylor's history of failing miserably to come back in the 4th quarter. I'm still stunned they came back.

I think any Bills fan who's paid attention these last few years thought it was over and for good reason. You had all the ingredients of a loss. Bucs had all the momentum. Six points were left on the board. The Bucs offense looked unstoppable with a hot quarterback in Winston with two great WR's and we lost Gaines. Taylor's history of failing miserably to come back in the 4th quarter. I'm still stunned they came back.

Classic BBFS.

This team is not built for come from behind victories. Yesterday was a pleasant surprise. The coaches cost us at least 3-6 pts for pure clock/play management stupidity. We might not have that luxury in the future. I think that win yesterday will do wonders for Tyrod's confidence. Deonte will help. We're not blowing anyone out but we should be in most games.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

What really had me worried was the yackety sax series of laterals to end the game. Jesus, it felt like it went on for 5-10 minutes.

40 seconds. unbelievable.

Bills do have a different feel for me this year, after those fortuitous calls versus Atlanta, it seems like Kharma/attitude is positive this year. I thought we could come back because the offense was effective and the D most of the year has been able to make huge plays.

Your avatar is a bit juvenile.

At the point when the game was tied 20-20 I stopped by a random Orange County bar I'd never been to before, walk in just in time to see TB score to make it 27-20.

I'm thinking "!@#$!!!"

Then I see the owner behind the bar is wearing a Bills shirt; I order a beer and we chat about where we grew up. It felt like a sign from above, and though it was totally irrational, I just knew some way, some how we'd pull out the W.

I'm not at all superstitious, but that was weird.

I honestly believe that what we are witnessing is the beginning of a new era. This coaching staff is instilling a mindset of how to win instead of how to lose. Also, a desire to win.

I like what I see so far but they still have to find a franchise quarterback. If they don't do that this staff will end up with the same fate as the last six coaching staffs.

I thought it was a loss as soon as we didn't score on either turnover. Just can't afford missing opportunities like that. Gutsy and lucky win, I'll take it :)

Not scoring on s turnover is a piss poor measure.

You need to factor in where it occured and points that might have scored against the team.

Mistake was made at the end of the half snd not attempting a FG.

The stadium started to clear out at 27-20. Everyone was pretty convinced we would lose. Unfortunately, TT and the team earned this. Fortunately, they scored in 3 plays to keep people around. The stadium was deafening when White created that fumble.

It was a nice, different feeling

The stadium started to clear out at 27-20. Everyone was pretty convinced we would lose. Unfortunately, TT and the team earned this. Fortunately, they scored in 3 plays to keep people around. The stadium was deafening when White created that fumble.

It was a nice, different feeling

Earned what? He's 19-16 as a starter.

I wasn't confident until the final tackle... And even then I paused to double check for a penalty flag. Being a Bills' fan is not for the faint of heart! LOL

That last play went on for so long, I had an "Oh sh$&!" moment when Evans got the ball and started running along the left sideline. Luckily a Bill was there after he ran for about 10-15 yards. It became so helter skelter an open lane could've easily opened up.

That play is still not over.....

sadly though that play could make Poyer season over if torn pec is confirmed.

A question: What happens if a Bills player commits a penalty on that play? Do the Bucs get one more play

Earned the reputation of not orchestrating late game comebacks.

I guess. He's got 3 4th Quarter Comebacks, 5 Game Winning Drives in 35 games. That's 8.6% and 14.3% respectively, and that doesn't factor out games we took the lead and never looked back in. Also, with a Defense good enough to keep us in games this year I suspect you'll see that 4QC number inflate a bit, as there will be more realistic opportunities to make comebacks happen.

I guess. He's got 3 4th Quarter Comebacks, 5 Game Winning Drives in 35 games. That's 8.6% and 14.3% respectively, and that doesn't factor out games we took the lead and never looked back in. Also, with a Defense good enough to keep us in games this year I suspect you'll see that 4QC number inflate a bit, as there will be more realistic opportunities to make comebacks happen.

Isn't the point of a very good defense to have the lead in the 4th and not have to comeback? :pirate::lol:

A question: What happens if a Bills player commits a penalty on that play? Do the Bucs get one more play

Yes. The game can't end on a defensive penalty. Last week on TNF, the Raiders got two extra plays after time expired, allowing them to beat KC with 0:00 on the clock.

I said almost exactly that to my husband after the game... Tampa Bay did a very Bill-sy move with that fumble.

i remember Fred Jackson putting it on the ground in a similar situation, same part of the field to hand the Jets a game 5 years ago or so... yes a very billsy thing to do

Same thing here. That was a lovely surprise. I am trusting the process more and more,

i completely trust the process. you can it in action with the guys they are letting go (not doing much) and the guys they are bringing in (doing quite a lot)

When the Buccaneers took a 27-20, I was not feeling good, but not giving up.

Then Tyrod hits a deep pass to Thompson. A play I did not expect.

Although I was worried that the Bills scored too fast. Is it just me or did Tampa Bay even try to stop Shady when he got his second touchdown?

Then Tre'Davious White makes that great play giving the Bills the ball back.

It was exciting if not nerve wracking, but they got the win.

Now keep making more adjustments and get ready for the Raiders.

Yes BUT BUT BUT ....

There was like 14 seconds left on the clock after we scored the (soon to be) "game winning FG".

My brain immediately switched into "Music City Miracle" mode - surely NOT for the FAINT OF HEART!