Sammy's silent in LA

BmarvB

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy is thought of an elite receiver but he's never had elite numbers. He's good and injury prone but he's not elite.

People here frequently confuse talent with production.

He may be talented, but hes not a great football player.

they all will be in line. And he will sign a yuge deal. But, that won't attest to his talent.

He is out of the league by 2020 or just a fringe player.

I don't think it is going to be that bad, but it is safe to say that he has underachieved. He is nowhere near Evans, Beckham or Cooks in production and probably never will be. I believe he will be starter caliber for years. He will have average to slightly above average numbers with pedestrian stats on many games but the one or two big games a season that make people say, "wow he could still be great".

This would be ok if he was a 3rd round pick, but not if he was a top 5 pick who thinks that he deserves Top receiver pay.

I mean i dont get it...he is clearly the best talent they have at WR why WOULDNT you want him to get the ball more?

Regardless of what you might think of him he is a game breaking WR when healthy and he is healthy

But the Rams are scoring 30 points per game with Sammy as a decoy

OK granted, but Gilmore is still a "shut down corner," right?

Did a really good job on Mike Evans last Thursday. Its a long season brother.

And Id trade EJ Gaines and a 2nd for Sammy in a second. But then again, maybe we could use that 2nd on the next Zay Jones (jk, I like him and think he will turn it around).

We traded up to get the 4th or 5th best wr in that class. People on the BBMB actually tried to say he was as good as OBJ. The guys not even on the same planet as that OBJ.

Typical revisionist history. At the time if the draft he was the top ranked WR in the draft and some had Sammy the # 1 player in that class.

We traded up to get the 4th or 5th best wr in that class. People on the BBMB actually tried to say he was as good as OBJ. The guys not even on the same planet as that OBJ.

obj is not even as good as his reputation. Mike Evans is a better wr imo. Worse offense and QB but Evans reminds me of moulds.

Complete BS. Im sure OBJ would be the same player with Orton/ EJ/ Tyrod instead of Eli. Sammy was one of the possibly the best wr prospect since Julio.

It hasnt worked out with Sammybut stop making up lies.

My god what a bust. Hes getting to the point of being mentioned with the other top five non quarterback position player busts of all time. And to think, he cost the drafting team more than just using the 4th overall pick on him. Criminal!!

Really now that is a stretch..... Still demanding coverage & doubles from opponents and over 1,000 yards in 2015 on few targets.......

Wait The Donald has a name for your post.....

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!

I actually like Sammy....but I was worried for him when this trade happened as far as his NFL legacy

Between injuries.....bad attitude (whether it is actually true or not) etc etc he is in danger of being labeled a huge bust.

He could have been one of the greats

I'm not ready to write his obituary but he's quickly approaching a looming inflection point in his career if he is not able to turn it around.

Typical revisionist history. At the time if the draft he was the top ranked WR in the draft and some had Sammy the # 1 player in that class.

Whats that have to do with anything? Arron Maybin was supposed to be one of the top pass rushers in the draft too. All that matters is what you do once you are in the league. We traded up to get a guy that is probably the 4th or 5th best we in that class. I dont care what he was supposed to be. He isnt better then the other guys. It was a terrible trade at the time and it looks even worse with every passing season.