Crow Eaters Thread

Jasovon

Actually no people have seen Taylor with a legit defense over 16 games. I believe he's capable of playing like this consistently , and I believe that will equate to more wins than losses and once you're in the dance, especially with a legit D, anything is possible.

Taylor and consistency is a strange thing. For instance, you almost never see him have a brutally awful game, like Dalton's opening day stinker. As bad as the Panther's game was, TT still completed 68% of his dinks and didn't toss a pick. Taylor's low end is ineffectual play (Panthers), but he always remains posed and things never spiral out of control. You'd probably get a different count of these games from the pros & antis, but there is clearly too many of them. Can TT cut those games back to one or two times a year, the rest being Jets or Broncos-grade? Sure, particularly with a bit of help from the OC.

That's probably his clearest professional objective to achieve this season. Can he do it? We'll see.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor and consistency is a strange thing. For instance, you almost never see him have a brutally awful game, like Dalton's opening day stinker. As bad as the Panther's game was, TT still completed 68% of his dinks and didn't toss a pick. Taylor's low end is ineffectual play (Panthers), but he always remains posed and things never spiral out of control. You'd probably get a different count of these games from the pros & antis, but there is clearly too many of them. Can TT cut those games back to one or two times a year, the rest being Jets or Broncos-grade? Sure, particularly with a bit of help from the OC.

That's probably his clearest professional objective to achieve this season. Can he do it? We'll see.

Very good post man. Truth is Buffalo has the longest playoffless loser streak in sports because we have had average to below average QB play for many many years and it's why fans want a better product in the most important position in football.

Want to get to the playoffs and win? Need a real good QB for that and Tyrod so far hasn't been that guy just like all the others that had a real good D here, just the same old average of not good enough unless your big on the once in a while 200 yard game that gets a win here or there while missing the playoffs. Still only see 6-7 wins max, not enough for playoffs.

I'm on the fence, wishing for a playoff run. Go Bills

Edited by xRUSHx

Maybe believe in your team and then you don't have to eat crow.

And so proudly, I might add.

To all of you nom-nom-noming your crow what you are basically saying: "I gave our team no credit and was 100% certain we would lose so I badmouth them on the forums so that if they DO lose, I look smart, but now I'm going to be conciliatory and lick my fingers and joke about all the different ways one can eat a bird."

Drives me nuts.

My 4 year old soon doesn't understand. He was convinced Saturday night that the Bills would beat the Broncos without question. My wife is a big Denver fan, felt bad for him but he believes that if you "will it", it "will be done" and he wanted the Bills to win so he doesn't see why it could have possibly come out differently. Just a matter of fact to him.

Go Bills!!!!!

I'm eating crow for this game. I thought the Bills were doomed for sure. Did the Bills somehow find an OL since they returned from Carolina or did Denver leave their best defensive plays back in the Mile High City?

I'll eat crow for the season only when the Bills make the playoffs or win 10 games, even if they miss the playoffs. I'm still not seeing that from this team because there simply are too few play makers on the offensive side, namely Shady and Tyrod.

Very good post man. Truth is Buffalo has the longest playoffless loser streak in sports because we have had average to below average QB play for many many years and it's why fans want a better product in the most important position in football.

Want to get to the playoffs and win? Need a real good QB for that and Tyrod so far hasn't been that guy just like all the others that had a real good D here, just the same old average of not good enough unless your big on the once in a while 200 yard game that gets a win here or there while missing the playoffs. Same old Bills.

Sadly the miracle season for a playoff run is still a long way away. Great D saved the day, it's real hard to have a D that good every week in today's NFL. We can all hope but if it comes down to our QB winning it chances are far and few between. Draft a better talent at QB I'm so sick of the other team having the huge advantage every week.

Buffalo has the longest playoffless streak because their coaching has been crappy and, until the last couple of years, their OL sucked. It doesn't necessarily take a good/great QB to make the playoffs as witness the teams that have made the playoffs with like Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, but it does take a good coaching staff and a decent OL.

More recently the OL didn't exactly stink, but it wasn't all that good, either, especially on pass protect but last season they managed an average offense under Tyrod but their buffoon of a HC messed up the defense, so the decent offensive effort was wasted. Sorry, but without a decent OL, a team doesn't have either a passing game or a running game ... and their QB looks like crap. Ask Andy Dalton and Eli Manning how that works.

There were LOTs of Denver fans in my section (329), but they were quiet as church-mice

Until the Miller penalty, and then a lot of em were swearing and then just left

Lol yeah that way up top... on TV they usually just show rows 1 to 20 in the 100s... Saw WAY too much orange in the stands watching on TV...

The one place I guess I SHOULD eat crow (preferably grilled, fried food not my thing) is, during the gameday thread, i asked for a QB change...

There were things that TT did with his legs that Peterman couldn't do. On the flipside though, we will never know if Peterman was in there, would the offense have struggled finding open receivers in the 1st place.

I can't say I love TT as our QB, but I CAN say I love McCoy. McCoy himself said he trusts TT so that's all i have to go by... It's TT or nothing and I just want him to succeed.

I'm in no rush for a change at QB, but I AM in a rush for our OC to put plays in that benefits TT rather than putting him in a tough spot.

Better playcalling (bootlegs, shotgun passes) and better O-line play and TT will be just fine... When TT has a comfortable pocket and time to scan the field, he can hit any target.

Maybe believe in your team and then you don't have to eat crow.

And so proudly, I might add.

To all of you nom-nom-noming your crow what you are basically saying: "I gave our team no credit and was 100% certain we would lose so I badmouth them on the forums so that if they DO lose, I look smart, but now I'm going to be conciliatory and lick my fingers and joke about all the different ways one can eat a bird."

Drives me nuts.

that is what you perceive. I don't expect a Broncos loss or any other loss so I can appear "correct". I thought they would get pounded without Dareus and Glenn... (actually I dont think I posted it here).

I couldn't give 1 turd whether or not I am right. If the Bills win that is great. This team has proved time and time again that they cannot field a real competitive football team. This is what I have been groomed to expect. I still expect this to be a 7 win team, tops. I would be thrilled if they won 11. Very much prefer that.... or would have preferred that any other season that I haven't been able to watch meaningful football in December

I still can't stomach it.

How can someone like MajBobby be on here full force after a loss just ripping the QB to shreds, but after a win like today, he's silent. It's so backwards it offends the mind.

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

We all made a bet in Transplant Bills Fanss thread. If tt threw for 200yd and we won, everyone who bet against us cant say one negative thing about the bills, players, coachez, etc until kick off vs the falcons next week. Maj admitted Tyrod played well and admitted if Dennison didnt call plays like a scared turtle after the turnover and INT, TT could have put up another 14 on them.

Edited by Marty McFly

I'm eating crow for this game. I thought the Bills were doomed for sure. Did the Bills somehow find an OL since they returned from Carolina or did Denver leave their best defensive plays back in the Mile High City?

I'll eat crow for the season only when the Bills make the playoffs or win 10 games, even if they miss the playoffs. I'm still not seeing that from this team because there simply are too few play makers on the offensive side, namely Shady and Tyrod.

Buffalo has the longest playoffless streak because their coaching has been crappy and, until the last couple of years, their OL sucked. It doesn't necessarily take a good/great QB to make the playoffs as witness the teams that have made the playoffs with like Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, but it does take a good coaching staff and a decent OL.

More recently the OL didn't exactly stink, but it wasn't all that good, either, especially on pass protect but last season they managed an average offense under Tyrod but their buffoon of a HC messed up the defense, so the decent offensive effort was wasted. Sorry, but without a decent OL, a team doesn't have either a passing game or a running game ... and their QB looks like crap. Ask Andy Dalton and Eli Manning how that works.

Dalton isn't very good.

Based on what? His 3.5 YPC or his 1 fumble every 14 carries?

Just stop.

His college tape is insane. Dude missed his senior season due to serious foot injury, last year was a mulligan year for him since he missed a year and all of a sudden is dropped in the nfl, hes gonna be a great rb one day. With cj Anderson AND Jamal Charles he wont crack that depth chart but hes heasioy the best back after Shady on this roster.

if they beat Atlanta then i'll eat some crow. Tyrod will have to put up 300 yards to keep up and Shady will have to have 100 as well. never been done before

*edit* apparenlty it's been done once. Tyrod's only 300 yard game of his career

Edited by kdiggz

if they beat Atlanta then i'll eat some crow. Tyrod will have to put up 300 yards to keep up and Shady will have to have 100 as well. never been done before

It was beyond done before against Miami last year.

Taylor 329 yards

McCoy 128 yards

Gillislee 91 yards

Taylor 60 yards rushing

Is it going to happen against Atlanta? Probably not no because that isn't how this team is going to play. They want to run the football and play action pass. That is this offense. Dennison takes so long to open it up and then shuts it down after a one score lead if Taylor ever sees 300 yards I would be amazed

It was beyond done before against Miami last year.

Taylor 329 yards

McCoy 128 yards

Gillislee 91 yards

Taylor 60 yards rushing

Is it going to happen against Atlanta? Probably not no because that isn't how this team is going to play. They want to run the football and play action pass. That is this offense. Dennison takes so long to open it up and then shuts it down after a one score lead if Taylor ever sees 300 yards I would be amazed

Coaches coach to win games not to run up stats or prove Tyrod is good. In that respect I don't think we can fault his conservatism, because we won by ten points, even though I too thought that he should have kept doing what they were doing.

Coaches coach to win games not to run up stats or prove Tyrod is good. In that respect I don't think we can fault his conservatism, because we won by ten points, even though I too thought that he should have kept doing what they were doing.

I get it. I really do. I just don't think that kind of game is going to win against a high powered offense. You have to get your QB in a rhythm if he is going to have to pass the ball. You also cant sit on a one score lead against a team like Atlanta, Pats, or NOs. We play a bunch of teams this year that are known for putting up points. I don't care how good the defense is, you aren't going to regularly keep those teams under 20 points. Nor are you regularly going to score by banging McCoy into a brick wall two out of three plays.

I get it. I really do. I just don't think that kind of game is going to win against a high powered offense. You have to get your QB in a rhythm if he is going to have to pass the ball. You also cant sit on a one score lead against a team like Atlanta, Pats, or NOs. We play a bunch of teams this year that are known for putting up points. I don't care how good the defense is, you aren't going to regularly keep those teams under 20 points. Nor are you regularly going to score by banging McCoy into a brick wall two out of three plays.

Totally agree with that and it drives me nuts and I often scream like a banshee at the TV when any of my teams do that, which they often do.

That said, I'm not so sure that Dennison would or will do that against a potent team like Atlanta versus Denver. Coaches don't do everything according to their set philosophy. They make decisions in game based on what they see and know and feel AND their set philosophy. We don't even know if going into the shell was Dennison's idea or Opie's or both. What I do think happened is they saw how the defense was playing, didn't think Seimien was going to beat them, and decided just then that they could play a little more conservative to win the game. They may not feel that way looking across the field at Matt Ryan.

Want to get to the playoffs and win? Need a real good QB for that and Tyrod so far hasn't been that guy just like all the others that had a real good D here, just the same old average of not good enough unless your big on the once in a while 200 yard game that gets a win here or there while missing the playoffs. Same old Bills.

Sadly the miracle season for a playoff run is still a long way away. Great D saved the day, it's real hard to have a D that good every week in today's NFL. We can all hope but if it comes down to our QB winning it chances are far and few between. Draft a better talent at QB I'm so sick of the other team having the huge advantage every week.

You need help.

Totally agree with that and it drives me nuts and I often scream like a banshee at the TV when any of my teams do that, which they often do.

That said, I'm not so sure that Dennison would or will do that against a potent team like Atlanta versus Denver. Coaches don't do everything according to their set philosophy. They make decisions in game based on what they see and know and feel AND their set philosophy. We don't even know if going into the shell was Dennison's idea or Opie's or both. What I do think happened is they saw how the defense was playing, didn't think Seimien was going to beat them, and decided just then that they could play a little more conservative to win the game. They may not feel that way looking across the field at Matt Ryan.

Very possible. We will find out this Sunday!

Not as much as you.

I just want to win and go to the playoffs. I want a QB to be proud of. Sick of wishing for a backup QB to have a miracle season, it never happens. Sick of average QB play in hopes the D bails them out, someday this team will be something to be proud of, as of now it's the same old Bills.

There are 32 starters. Can you name the 32 ahead of him please?

Tyrod had a great game today. He made the big throws that we needed when we needed them. The long play to clay late and the TD to Matthews were as good as any QB can drop it in there. Ran it well for a clutch first down too. Took care of the ball as always.

I was definitely dogging him last week, but if he plays like this with a great D and run game, we can win. He's never going to be a world beater back there, but if he can make a few big throws downfield a game when we need them and so the D can't sell out ok the run/short passes, that can work. He definitely made those throws today.

Go Bills!

I think there is an underrated group of folks who should be eating crow........it's tank proponents, swamp drainers hoping to tank for a QB, and Promo the Robot for attacking organizational moves and NOW trying to pretend he always had unconditional trust. :lol:

It's still very early people. Let's not start patting ourselves on the back yet.

You are correct Darth ... but did you ever believe 3-1 after 4 games ... granted we had some calls go our way today .. but we are one terrible Offensive Pass Int call at Carolina (who just knocked off the Pats at NE) and Zay Jones' rookie nerves from being 4-0. Trust the force of McD & Beane.

Hey Yall: There's an inverse relationship between IR and wins. Our 1st team looks strong, but skilled positions are thin, my friends. The question remains do we have a QB who can mask these deficiencies and keep the mo going. I doubt it. If injuries snowball when the snow flies, who is the next man up in the skilled positions?? Fate and injuries will determine our chances. As in year's past, injuries can be a killer. If we can get to 4 wins this week, we probably get 4 more with NY and MIA, and then we need to get 3 of the other 7. I like that possi-bill-ity!!!

Still not crow needed here.

TT played well, but that is his normal good game, make one great escape to marginalize the 3 other sacks.

Thank God the defense is good.

All of the Champions of Taylor may have be right

With a top 5 defense the Bills could have made the playoffs last year.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

i definitely did not think the bills had it in them to go to south and take a game like that. i was very wrong.

I said we have to keep the Falcons under 25 points to have a shot.... holding them to 17 was a fantastic effort. I also said last week that if we won I would start to believe this is a genuine playoff contender and a possible AFC East division winner. I still think both. The division is a long shot but not impossible.

I said we have to keep the Falcons under 25 points to have a shot.... holding them to 17 was a fantastic effort. I also said last week that if we won I would start to believe this is a genuine playoff contender and a possible AFC East division winner. I still think both. The division is a long shot but not impossible.

I'm going to be honest, I didn't think we'd hold them under 25 and thought for us to have a chance we'd have to put up at least 25. Defense is looking even better than I thought.

Ironically Tyrod is a really nice fit on this team. With limited playmakers, he can make plays. With a great defense you need to take care of the ball. We will play a lot of close games and when you always win the turnover battle it helps.

I'm going to eat a little (just a little) crow on McDermott. He came in and acted like he knew better. He believed in himself, his coaches and his system. So far he has been right. He's a good football coach and maybe even a better head coach.

I was looking at the schedule this morning. If the Bills keep playing like this, who are we going to lose to? I think the Saints, Pats in NE (I think we beat them at the Ralph) and the Chiefs.

I know this is a BIG if, and injuries, etc. are going to come into play. But right now, I'm not scared of Cincy, Tampa, Oakland, Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, or Colts. Those are all VERY winnable games, as long as this team continues on its current trend.

I firmly believe we're through one of the toughest parts of our schedule, and came out 3-1.

Edited by CLTbills