Tom Brady Lowest Completion %

section122

Now THAT could be big

Yeah the defense was the story to me. The Pats* generally jump on teams early and then the defense does their job. Just like last years Bills 27 points should win you games more often than not. In fact the 27 points is good for 7th in the league currently. The defense cost them that game not Brady or the offense

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the defense was the story to me. The Pats* generally jump on teams early and then the defense does their job. Just like last years Bills 27 points should win you games more often than not. In fact the 27 points is good for 7th in the league currently. The defense cost them that game not Brady or the offense

Even with the defense lapses, thats a different game if they convert that first 4th and 1 too. As much as I want the Pats to fall, I think they are still the team to beat in the AFC until proven otherwise.

Guys, call me crazy but I think New England loses it's second game in a row in like a gazillion years. I'm not a stats wizard like several of you here are, but I know it's been a LOONG time since they lost two in a row.

That aside, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady put up 300 yards and a 70% completion rate Sunday. I've NEVER seen a quarterback respond to a poor performance or a loss like Tom Brady. However, I think the Saints hand him his 2nd loss, and New England sits at 0-2, and tied with the Jets for last place in the division.

You heard it here first.

Did you see NO against Minne? This is the 'aints, not the Saints.

Not

A

Chance

This game will be over before halftime.

Exactly.

For me this is really a win-win scenario.

A. Pats**** lose

B. Pats**** win, but its just the Saints, so it doesn't count anyways

Wait... I believe you are inaccurate. I just read in sub-clause 204.5b of the NFL Rules (2017 Extended Edition) that it only doesn't count when the Bills beat an inferior opponent. Sub-clause 204.5a CLEARLY states that when the Pats**** defeat an inferior opponent, the NFL Gods gloat in heaven, and inflate Brady's cajones by .036 psi.

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

Guys, call me crazy but I think New England loses it's second game in a row in like a gazillion years. I'm not a stats wizard like several of you here are, but I know it's been a LOONG time since they lost two in a row.

That aside, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady put up 300 yards and a 70% completion rate Sunday. I've NEVER seen a quarterback respond to a poor performance or a loss like Tom Brady. However, I think the Saints hand him his 2nd loss, and New England sits at 0-2, and tied with the Jets for last place in the division.

You heard it here first.

I feel the same actually, as I said on the first page , Edelman and his replacement Amendola out,that Swiss cheese D , don't be surprised to see us up 2 games on NE!

Wait... I believe you are inaccurate. I just read in sub-clause 204.5b of the NFL Rules (2017 Extended Edition) that it only doesn't count when the Bills beat an inferior opponent. Sub-clause 204.5a CLEARLY states that when the Pats**** defeat an inferior opponent, the NFL Gods gloat in heaven, and inflate Brady's cajones by .036 psi.

Post if the day.

Haha.

I have the same paperwork,I can back up this claim

Wouldn't it be typical of them, to go out and make all those additions while secretly intending to "suck for Sam." Then get him and dominate the division for another 1 5 years. Could happen, what with Kraft's deal with Satan.

Yep. Next couple of games will be telling. Part of me thinks their ego is too big to tank but if they are taking the long view, they can pick one of the top QBs, mentor him by Brady and then continue their domination.

Wouldn't it be typical of them, to go out and make all those additions while secretly intending to "suck for Sam." Then get him and dominate the division for another 1 5 years. Could happen, what with Kraft's deal with Satan.

Seriously, if the Patriots somehow manage to secure the number one pick, be it by way of their record, via a trade, or however...

As soon as the pick is announced, I will quietly turn off the tv, go upstairs and kiss my wife and little girl goodbye, get in my car, drive the 12 hour drive from Atlanta to Buffalo, stop at La Nova's for an order of bbq wings, stop at Leonardi's for a piece of pepperoni pizza, stop at Shy's for a Steak and Sausage sub, head to Niagara Falls, and then plunge myself over the edge in a Buffalo Bills covered barrel, all while screaming the Bills Shout song...

The Bills and 49ers played a game a long time ago which was the first with no punts.

The Pats-Saints game could be like that. I expect Brady to recall what Gronkowski looks like so even if Amendola doesn't play the Pats will still score a lot against the Saints defense. But Brees will destroy that horrible Pats D. When the Pats are so desperate they go out and pay that much to Gilmore, you know the glory days are over.

Pats, 48-42. But the Saints have a decent shot if they can stop Gronkowski somehow.

I read a few times that Brady's arm has been dead for a few years....didn't he finish 2nd only to Matt Ryan last years in completion over 20 yards or something ?.....I know I read he had his best year with the long ball since 2007....their offense will bounce back.....Sam Bradford just passed for 346 yards vs the Saints...I think Brady will be fine.....If I were them, I'd be more worried about that D....they looked awful last week...

Edited by Iron Maiden

I read a few times that Brady's arm has been dead for a few years....didn't he finish 2nd only to Matt Ryan last years in completion over 20 yards or something ?.....I know I read he had his best year with the long ball since 2007....their offense will bounce back.....Sam Bradford just passed for 346 yards vs the Saints...I think Brady will be fine.....If I were them, I'd be more worried about that D....they looked awful last week...

His arm didn't look dead in Week 1 when he threw the ball 60 yards in the air with accuracy and pace.

Seriously, if the Patriots somehow manage to secure the number one pick, be it by way of their record, via a trade, or however...

As soon as the pick is announced, I will quietly turn off the tv, go upstairs and kiss my wife and little girl goodbye, get in my car, drive the 12 hour drive from Atlanta to Buffalo, stop at La Nova's for an order of bbq wings, stop at Leonardi's for a piece of pepperoni pizza, stop at Shy's for a Steak and Sausage sub, head to Niagara Falls, and then plunge myself over the edge in a Buffalo Bills covered barrel, all while screaming the Bills Shout song...

I'm laughing so hard my wife is looking at me strangely. But wait...what if it happens...NFL chicanery and all that. If that happens, I'm coming with you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats win out and go 15-1 on the way to another Superbowl win. But I also wouldn't be surprised if this is an 11-5 type of season for them and they have to grind it out through the playoffs.

Either way if history has taught us anything it's very dangerous to write of Brady and Belichik and don't be surprised if they go into NO and destroy them this week. If that happens all the talk about them possibly being finished disappears for good sadly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats win out and go 15-1 on the way to another Superbowl win. But I also wouldn't be surprised if this is an 11-5 type of season for them and they have to grind it out through the playoffs.

Either way if history has taught us anything it's very dangerous to write of Brady and Belichik and don't be surprised if they go into NO and destroy them this week. If that happens all the talk about them possibly being finished disappears for good sadly.

Until they are officially eliminated they are my Super Bowl favorite. I don't care if they start 0-6. Until they are knocked out they are the favorites.

All the NE fanboys are predicting that the Pats will quickly turn it around. They have done it before etc...But the truth is that the problems of this team run deep on both sides of the ball so it goes beyond Brady. And when the system starts to break down so does a system QB. They will win the East this year but only because the Division is weak and not because they are the best team in football. They are not the best team in the AFC - I think the Steelers may be. They will lose 5 maybe 6 games this year imo and there is no way they repeat as champs. In fact they will not be going to the big dance probably for a long time.

They may beat the Saints (or maybe not) but I certainly don't expect to see them dominate as many think. On the contrary I think the problems will continue to be evident and I don't think even Belly and C. can turn this one around.

All the NE fanboys are predicting that the Pats will quickly turn it around. They have done it before etc...But the truth is that the problems of this team run deep on both sides of the ball so it goes beyond Brady. And when the system starts to break down so does a system QB. They will win the East this year but only because the Division is weak and not because they are the best team in football. They are not the best team in the AFC - I think the Steelers may be. They will lose 5 maybe 6 games this year imo and there is no way they repeat as champs. In fact they will not be going to the big dance probably for a long time.

They may beat the Saints (or maybe not) but I certainly don't expect to see them dominate as many think. On the contrary I think the problems will continue to be evident and I don't think even Belly and C. can turn this one around.

We've literally heard a version of " NE's run is finished " every year since 2010...I'll believe it when I see it.....I'll be surprised if they don't go to the SB.....Happy, but surprised....

Edited by Iron Maiden