Tom Brady Lowest Completion %

section122

Guys, call me crazy but I think New England loses it's second game in a row in like a gazillion years. I'm not a stats wizard like several of you here are, but I know it's been a LOONG time since they lost two in a row.

That aside, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady put up 300 yards and a 70% completion rate Sunday. I've NEVER seen a quarterback respond to a poor performance or a loss like Tom Brady. However, I think the Saints hand him his 2nd loss, and New England sits at 0-2, and tied with the Jets for last place in the division.

You heard it here first.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, call me crazy but I think New England loses it's second game in a row in like a gazillion years. I'm not a stats wizard like several of you here are, but I know it's been a LOONG time since they lost two in a row.

That aside, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady put up 300 yards and a 70% completion rate Sunday. I've NEVER seen a quarterback respond to a poor performance or a loss like Tom Brady. However, I think the Saints hand him his 2nd loss, and New England sits at 0-2, and tied with the Jets for last place in the division.

You heard it here first.

Not

A

Chance

This game will be over before halftime.

Not

A

Chance

This game will be over before halftime.

And it appears that more than 90% of the country would agree with you.

However, I stand by my prediction. The Saints, coming off of a beatdown by the Vikings, will be looking to rebound. Nothing better than coming home to the confines of the Superdome. And while we all know what USUALLY happens to the opponents of the Pats following a loss, this isn't the same Pats. Their defense has some real issues, and if they didn't have their hands full with Alex Smith and Kareem Hunt, now they get Drew Brees, Mark Ingram, AND Adrian Peterson. And let me tell you, the Superdome is gonna be ROCKIN..it is still one of the more difficult venues to play, and Drew Brees WILL have that team pumped and ready to play. He's still a top 5 QB in this league, and after last week's embarrassing performance, I think Adrian Peterson has something to prove.

I still think Brady will put up near perfect numbers, but it won't be enough to stop the Pats from an 0-2 start.....and I'll be enjoying every moment of it.

Saints 38

Pats 35

Exactly! As much as I'd like to believe this is the beginning of the end of their dominance, I am not going to start buying into it until they start losing some more games. I recall them getting pounded by the Chiefs on a prime time game just a few years ago. People were suggesting they were finally on their way down, Belichick was supposedly thinking about trading Brady. And yet they were practically unbeatable literally the rest of the season.

I don't think its the end of their dominance. Even if the passing game struggles to be as efficient I expect they will win a lot of close ones in strange fashion and then make the adjustments to hit the playoffs clicking on all cylinders. It might not be as pretty as previous years though.

Maybe Pat's***are the ones who are tanking

Wouldn't it be typical of them, to go out and make all those additions while secretly intending to "suck for Sam." Then get him and dominate the division for another 1 5 years. Could happen, what with Kraft's deal with Satan.

The Saints are terrible. There is no way that they beat the Pats.

Patriots, Belichick and Brady are at their best when they have a chip on their shoulder. They will figure it out and rip off wins in 13 of the next 15 games. I'd be willing to bet on it.

I don't necessarily agree with you that the Saints are "terrible". I think for whatever reason, no matter who they plug in at DC, the Saints are plagued by a poor defense. Brees' best days may be behind him, but he's still an elite QB.

I think that the Saints are gonna shock alot of people Sunday. However, when they win, the focus won't be on how great the Saints played, but the demise of the unbeatable, already crowned 2017 super bowl champion New England Patriots. One so called "expert", picked the Pats to go 16-0.

As I said, I firmly stand by my prediction, and am happy to wager on the game with any of my fellow TBD'ers. Anyone feel confident enough to wager their avatar for 6 weeks?

And as I sit here and explain why I feel the Saints will win, I have no problem coming back to eat my crow should they lose.

I don't necessarily agree with you that the Saints are "terrible". I think for whatever reason, no matter who they plug in at DC, the Saints are plagued by a poor defense. Brees' best days may be behind him, but he's still an elite QB.

I think that the Saints are gonna shock alot of people Sunday. However, when they win, the focus won't be on how great the Saints played, but the demise of the unbeatable, already crowned 2017 super bowl champion New England Patriots. One so called "expert", picked the Pats to go 16-0.

As I said, I firmly stand by my prediction, and am happy to wager on the game with any of my fellow TBD'ers. Anyone feel confident enough to wager their avatar for 6 weeks?

And as I sit here and explain why I feel the Saints will win, I have no problem coming back to eat my crow should they lose.

Hightower and Amendola missed practice again today so they are both probably out. I will be watching, hope you're right.

So Drew Brees isn't good? The Saints have gone 7-9 the last 2 years with him as QB.

So Brock Osweiler is good? He sports a 14-9 Career Record.

Wins is a ridiculous stat to care about for a qb.

I only care about winning. I don't fawn over stars, sorry. By saying wins I did not necessarily mean that it's a QB "stat" that I look at, but rather the only thing that matters to me in general as a fan. I could give a sh*t about QB rating.

Drew Brees? Jim Kelly's stats are much worse but he's played in more and won more playoff games.

People tell me Tyrod has a great QB rating, but I just want to win. I guess I'd rather win with a good franchise QB, that seems to have sustainability, but wins are the only stat that matter to me, regardless of position. I want guys that win, guys that have been around winning organizations and have a history of taking games over when it's needed most.

Winning can be infectious, and to downplay it's role to an organization in favor of a guy like Brees going 7-9 at age 40 because he throws all over the field is ridiculous to me.

Winning can be infectious, and to downplay it's role to an organization in favor of a guy like Brees going 7-9 at age 40 because he throws all over the field is ridiculous to me.

I agree with you, winning CAN be infectious, and players respond to winners, leaders....that field general, if you will.

But I'm sorry, Drew Brees is a proven winner, an elite quarterback STILL, at age 40. And he has the hardware to back it up. He is a super bowl champion AND MVP. I don't think you can ask for more...except multiple trophies..

Hightower and Amendola missed practice again today so they are both probably out. I will be watching, hope you're right.

Wow, if both Amendola AND Hightower are out, those would be HUGE blows to the Pats! The leader of your defense, plus the receiver Brady trusts more than any other, and your main 3rd down go-to-guy.

If both of them are out I don't think the game will be as close as I originally predicted...

I only care about winning. I don't fawn over stars, sorry. By saying wins I did not necessarily mean that it's a QB "stat" that I look at, but rather the only thing that matters to me in general as a fan. I could give a sh*t about QB rating.

Drew Brees? Jim Kelly's stats are much worse but he's played in more and won more playoff games.

People tell me Tyrod has a great QB rating, but I just want to win. I guess I'd rather win with a good franchise QB, that seems to have sustainability, but wins are the only stat that matter to me, regardless of position. I want guys that win, guys that have been around winning organizations and have a history of taking games over when it's needed most.

It takes a team to win. Jim Kelly wasn't nearly the QB that Drew Brees is. Brady has really skewed people's perception of what a winner is. Peyton Manning has a 14-13 record in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers is only 9-7. On the flip side Joe Flacco is 10-5. There really aren't as many qbs as people think that "take over games" we as Bills fans are just too beaten down by seeing Brady do it to us. He is an anomaly not the rule.

Tell me again how Edelman won't be missed because Pats offense is plug and play.

Let's not overreact. It's one game.

The Patriots were getting decent production from Danny Amendola in the slot, until he left with a head injury. It was also the first game together for Tom Brady and Brandin Cooks. And very few teams have a player like Eric Berry, who can shut down Rob Gronkowski consistently.

It would be fantastic if Week 1 was the sign of Brady's decline. But I'm skeptical.

Last week was a perfect storm of events that contributed to the Pats offense struggling. This week they get the Saints.

It takes a team to win. Jim Kelly wasn't nearly the QB that Drew Brees is. Brady has really skewed people's perception of what a winner is. Peyton Manning has a 14-13 record in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers is only 9-7. On the flip side Joe Flacco is 10-5. There really aren't as many qbs as people think that "take over games" we as Bills fans are just too beaten down by seeing Brady do it to us. He is an anomaly not the rule.

Excellent post.

Last week was a perfect storm of events that contributed to the Pats offense struggling. This week they get the Saints.

"This week they get the Saints."

The Saints, with Drew Brees, off of a shellacking from the Vikings, at the Superdome for the team's home opener.

I don't agree that they "get the Saints", like it's an automatic W already penciled in.

Because they won without Gronk is a big response, Edelman is less talented then Gronk but for Brady and that scheme, he is the 1 guy they couldn't lose. Huge loss, Amendola out too, that D is Swiss cheese, could be 2 games up on them Sunday!

The offense noticeably declined when Amendola got hurt last week...he was the main passing offense prior to it with 100 yards already. Amendola is just as good/important for Brady as Edelman, except he gets hurt every game he plays, so not going to be able to rely on him. All that being said, I do expect the Pats Offense to tee off on the Saints this weekend though, so I think this is short lived. Pats win either 4th down play and I think they could have likely won that game.

Throwback Thursday Bonus Question: And despite all the opportunity, how did Hogan do? Hint: it rhymes with Ship. Lets start another 200 page thread on important Hogan is though lol.

Edited by Alphadawg7