aaron donald

nuklz2594

the man wants his rookie contract re-done. he held out of training camp. shows up without new contract. joins team and will not play today. are you paying him? he has, i believe two years left on rookie deal. dude held his team hostage. did not train with team. shows up for first game. you paying him? if all this is true....total ass hat

I'm confused. Why aren't the Rams playing him? This isn't that much different than the Le'Veon Bell situation right? I know Bell came back like Monday or Tuesday I guess. So he had most the week to practice. But if I were the Rams I feel like I would at least play the guy even if in a limited role to get back in football condition.

the man wants his rookie contract re-done. he held out of training camp. shows up without new contract. joins team and will not play today. are you paying him? he has, i believe two years left on rookie deal. dude held his team hostage. did not train with team. shows up for first game. you paying him? if all this is true....total ass hat

nope...Im trading him for as much as I can get...I've learned my lesson with Marcell...imo DT's are not worth $100 million in todays game, unless ur name is JJ Watt.

Edited by JaCrispy

nope...Im trading him for as much as I can get...I've learned my lesson with Marcell...imo DT's are not worth $100 million in todays game, unless ur name is JJ Watt.

JJ is a DE so yeah he gets paid, but I am with you. I think the Rams have seen the hell we are in and are saying hell no to a 100Mill Contract to a DT. I trade him to Cleveland asap lol

my problem/problems are that he signed a contract. honor it. i get he is great. holding out and holding team hostage, with a look a t me attitude is bs. he will not play today, yet will most likely get paid. if they lose on on a 1 yard run from goal line...will not go well.

my problem/problems are that he signed a contract. honor it. i get he is great. holding out and holding team hostage, with a look a t me attitude is bs. he will not play today, yet will most likely get paid. if they lose on on a 1 yard run from goal line...will not go well.

exactly...McBeane would not put up with this me first attitude.

You don't want to be paid what you are worth? The dude is the best in the game, and to other posters he hasn't been a head case like Dareus. He will get paid eventually, but will be worth every penny, much more so than Dareus.

If they lose to a Colts team that is minus their best offensive and defensive players then they had no chance to do anything anyways. In fact I'd say missing Kelly, Luck, and Davis renders their roster as useless as the J E T S. maybe even more so.

Contracts in the NFL don't usually have much in the way of guarantees (except for elite players) and teams often void them if players aren't living up to them. This is just the other side of that coin. It's a business. Why get bent out of shape when a player holds out and not when teams release players?

You mean that contract that the team can just rip up at any time by cutting a player? Those are effectively one way contracts in many cases. I don't begrudge someone like Donald, one of the best in the League, wanting to get paid. His career could end on any play.

I said this before Marcell was re-signed and was told by everyone here, "you keep your best players, no matter what." Nevermind the fact that Marcel played 63% of the snaps under Schwartz, If I was GM, he would've walked before I forked out $100M. He plays a non-premium position, one that doesn't consistently affect the outcome of a game; therefore, no team needs to invest that much capital for that particular position... Unless the player is Warren Sapp reincarnate, disruptive damn near every single snap.

Edited by JayBaller10

I said this before Marcell was re-signed and was told by everyone here, "you keep your best players, no matter what." If I was GM, Marcel would've walked before I forked out $100M. He plays a non-premium position, one that doesn't consistently affect the outcome of a game; therefore, no team needs to invest that much capital for that particular position... Unless the player is Warren Sapp reincarnate, disruptive damn near every single snap.

Always said your highest paid players need to do more for the team than just play a singular position. Leadership, accountability, playing hurt, staying out of trouble, etc. I just hope they can find talented guys that can fit these positions and not go full "lunch pail" mode.

Like owners and GMs do?

Jason Peters held out early too and turned out to be a HOF caliber player. In retrospect the Bills should have met his demands.

Donald is the best DT in football, so yeah, you gotta pay him. It's always impossible to know who is being unreasonable behind closed doors, but the Rams should be trying hard to work something out.

Edited by KD in CA

Jason Peters held out early too and turned out to be a HOF caliber player. In retrospect the Bills should have met his demands.

Donald is the best DT in football, so yeah, you gotta pay him. It's always impossible to know who is being unreasonable behind closed doors, but the Rams should be trying hard to work something out.

This

I'm confused. Why aren't the Rams playing him?

Because he's physically not in 'game shape' with no training camp, no preseason and just a couple no-pad practices this week. They'd be risking injury to try to throw him in the lineup without him being physically ready.

He'll play around week 3.

Contracts in the NFL don't usually have much in the way of guarantees (except for elite players) and teams often void them if players aren't living up to them. This is just the other side of that coin. It's a business. Why get bent out of shape when a player holds out and not when teams release players?

No we don't get bent because in weird NFL contract landscape the guarantee is built into contracts in the way of signing and roster bonuses.

A factor that all players conveniently forget when they get to back end of below market rate deals in their eyes because all they look at it is the current yr salary.

NFL should adopt more of NBA model, all contracts guaranteed and no re-negotiation during a contract. This helped end the annul whining by Scottie Pippen with Bulls. And MLB has no hold outs as they are all guaranteed.

Edited by cba fan

YES I pay him whatever he wants...best DL in the NFL and a great teammate. He's been GROSSLY out performing that deal. GMs cut players all the time over contracts, so I have no issue when a player deserves more expects more. He could get hurt and never get the payday he deserves now. Look what happened to Javon Walker...he reported then tore his ACL.

I get what you're saying but the teams don't guarantee the contracts, so why should the players be held to them?

I get what you're saying but the teams don't guarantee the contracts, so why should the players be held to them?

His contract is fully guaranteed

But ignoring that, if a player wants to bet on themselves, that's not the teams fault. Any vet could take less for higher guarantees. Most want top dollar.

You mean that contract that the team can just rip up at any time by cutting a player? Those are effectively one way contracts in many cases. I don't begrudge someone like Donald, one of the best in the League, wanting to get paid. His career could end on any play.

although in the case of the owners/team ripping up the contract, they do it because the player is not playing well. The team signs a player to their contracts expecting they play very Well, so when they don't play Well, they aren't honoring their side (player). But if they play well or great they are doing what they are paid to do. So when a player just decides they no longer are going to play under that contract, it's a little different. Teams don't sign you to a contract to be average.

Personally, I say go out and honor your deal while trying to discuss a new deal. Instead of refusing to play cause you think you deserve more

Holdouts have been around for decades. GMs shouldn't take the job if they can figure out how to handle them. In this case, the best player on the team isn't in the lineup opening day. It's on the GM to figure this out. The Bills had several players who held out during the Super Bowl years. Polian used to loudly complain about it, but he got the players signed and on the field.

I would trade Dareus and a pick for him.

I would do that in a heartbeat as well. Donald is a monster and one of few players you don't mess around with. If his demands are 100 mil then pay the guy and be happy for 5 years. Donald would be a perfect fit for our defense and he would force Brady to move out of the pocket giving Hughes a boost in sack numbers.