I'm calling it now Bills have best all around team in AFCE

17 Josh Allen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching what happen last night and how the patriots played. That Pats Def will not finish better then 20th. The pats have a big problem at wideout and only 4 good players on Def they have some real big problems. So it's game on in this AFC East Division. I feel the Bills have the best Def in the AFC East and will finish top 5 in the NFL. The offense will be better then last years team. This is a balanced team with a great punter and FG kicker. We have a coach that is all about being prepared and using there team first approach. Such as using time outs and challenges correctly and also being ready to run plays and coaching this team correctly. That carp show that we had from Rex and his assistant coaches the last few years was embarrassing. We now have real solid coaches Frazier is a veteran Def coach and Dennison is a proven offensive coach who has proven to be very sound. I'm not the biggest Tyrod fan but he does a lot of things well and he is the best mobile QB in the NFL. If the Bills use his strengths I can see them being in the top 10 again for the 3rd year in a row on offense. Some things I saw in preseason is our Guard John Miller has stepped his game up. I think you will find that are WIde outs will do well. Zay Jones will make us forget Sammy. Mathews is really a solid receiver and is better then Robert Woods who left for the Rams. I expect the best fullback in football who we picked up from the Falcons Patrick Dimarco will be a huge factor. Watch out for are Tight Ends this year. They will be a key factor. TE Logan Thomas will be a X-factor that will come on later in the season. We're 3 deep at TE. I just love how this team is organized. So I don't know what will happen, but I think the Bills as a team are being under estimated. When I look at this division I feel were the best all around team. I don't know if the Bills can win the division but we all might be surprised how this season plays out. I predict we will be 10-6 and in the running to win the AFC East.

I love the enthusiasm and confidence!

After watching what happen last night and how the patriots played. That Pats Def will not finish better then 20th. The pats have a big problem at wideout and only 4 good players on Def they have some real big problems. So it's game on in this AFC East Division. I feel the Bills have the best Def in the AFC East and will finish top 5 in the NFL. The offense will be better then last years team. This is a balanced team with a great punter and FG kicker. We have a coach that is all about being prepared and using there team first approach. Such as using time outs and challenges correctly and also being ready to run plays and coaching this team correctly. That carp show that we had from Rex and his assistant coaches the last few years was embarrassing. We now have real solid coaches Frazier is a veteran Def coach and Dennison is a proven offensive coach who has proven to be very sound. I'm not the biggest Tyrod fan but he does a lot of things well and he is the best mobile QB in the NFL. If the Bills use his strengths I can see them being in the top 10 again for the 3rd year in a row on offense. Some things I saw in preseason is our Guard John Miller has stepped his game up. I think you will find that are WIde outs will do well. Zay Jones will make us forget Sammy. Mathews is really a solid receiver and is better then Robert Woods who left for the Rams. I expect the best fullback in football who we picked up from the Falcons Patrick Dimarco will be a huge factor. Watch out for are Tight Ends this year. They will be a key factor. TE Logan Thomas will be a X-factor that will come on later in the season. We're 3 deep at TE. I just love how this team is organized. So I don't know what will happen, but I think the Bills as a team are being under estimated. When I look at this division I feel were the best all around team. I don't know if the Bills can win the division but we all might be surprised how this season plays out. I predict we will be 10-6 and in the running to win the AFC East.

Typical overreaction to Week one.

I'm the glass half-full guy. I don't see the D being half bad, probably top ten. I don't see the O being half bad, probably middle of the pack, but could be top ten. I want to see Shady shake n bake, and Tyrod throw some lasers within 2 secs. So we could get to 10 wins if the O clicks. Let's get this thing rockin n rollin!!!!

This guys on the Marty McFly diet :lol: :lol: percs vals and trees.

Gotta love it! Church of Marty. Hookers drugs and fried food. (No hard drugs)*

We are better than 3-13 for sure. We surprise some people this year and squeek in the WC maybe even upset in the 1st round. Go Bills!

I think the OP is a little over the top, but some of it he's right. The D should be better. They have better starting safeties and the line will play better in the 4-3. The CBs seem adequate. P Brown is better in the 4-3. If the O can perform near last year's level they have a shot. Plus they have a better place kicker.

I don't think they make the playoffs. But I also don't think they're a 2-5 win train wreck.

5-6 Wins is very possible, the schedule is not friendly at all. The first half of the schedule is very tough. Week 1 and 8 are the Jets, those are winnable, not locks but winnable. Between that is @ Carolina, Denver, @Atlanta, @ Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, Oakland. To be 4-4 they would have to sweep the Jets and then pull off two wins in that six game stretch.

The second half has more winnable games but also has two against New England and a game @ Kansas City. 2015 and 2016 gave Buffalo a generous amount of winnable games. 2017 is brutal. The only 5 games that i see where Buffalo could possibly be the favored team are the two jets games, the two dolphins games and home against Indianapolis. If Buffalo is even contending for the playoffs, they will have overachieved.

I'm usually down about this team and this year is no different. I do think better days are ahead because they finally cleaned up the scouting department and some people in the FO are gone (Not Brandon, but I don't think he has as much say with this new regime).

That said, they don't have a QB, that one puts them behind NE. They have a better front 4 than nE and imo...a better RB, but that is about it.

They have better depth, better scouts, proven coaching and they have a better QB and a QB in the pipeline to replace Brady.

The Bills finally have a plan and they are dumping the overrated Whaley players. But the Bills are really only better than the Jets imo.

Absolutely COULD make the playoffs, not saying they will.

Home vs. Jets - winnable.

Road vs. Carolina - they were not good last year, Cam is dinged, not the same team that went to the Super Bowl. Not 50% chance perhaps, but certainly winnable.

We will beat Denver at home - they faded badly last year. You heard it hear first.

Loss at Atlanta.

Cinci not very good. Winnable, even if road dogs, certainly they should play the game.

Tampa at home - we win that game too.

Oakland at home - I think we lose, but we certainly could win.

As we make the turn - If so - I can see us beating Jets again, Fish 2x, Indianapolis at home, let's assume Pats beat us twice, still:

Saints at home - winnable. San Diego on road? Dogs, but winnable.

Depending how team gels we could be in the dance, especially if offense does not regress and I see no reason why it should. Wideouts likely better than those that actually played last year. Defense will be better. Of course we could lose any game, so we could be the 5-11 team everyone says we are, but I see no reason to be resigned to it at this stage.

50 years of optimism. Like a broken watch, I am right every decade or two ;-) Go Bills!

And one other thing - every year a team that is supposed to be great stinks. I remember that Eagles dream team. I don't think they will stink, but Pats could be a lot less impressive than the talking heads think. They are older. They got dominated for 75% of that Super Bowl. Their defense appears weak. Their supposed elite "adds" -- Cooks, Gilly, Gilmore, Dorsett - they all have to be integrated, which ain't easy. Edelman is a huge loss for Brady. I know it is heresy, but I am calling them a shaky 10-6. Brady misses some time, as he is forced to play some catch-up in certain games due to weak D and gets hit more than he likes. 40 is 40, and it hurts to get hit by high-speed Giants. Say it from the Chefs at end of game. He is a pretty stationary target at this point when forced to play from behind.

"Saw it from the Chiefs" sorry.

He got a point... to a point.

New England's Defense didn't play so well. New England's WRs were so-so. No Edelman, No Amendola for the next week, Cooks and Dorsett are still trying to fit in.

And Honestly Gronk looked slow and clunky out there.

Brady went 16 of 36.... accuracy was off.

So absolutely, as of today. If Buffalo plays well this week, beat Jets. Yeah, going into week 2 Buffalo may be the best all around team. Cutler sucks, Jets same.

Difference is New England's offense will come around soon and their defense will get relief. The only reason New England Defense has good stats every year is because they play 1 deminsional offenses cause New England's offense is always up big. Not so much last Monday.

Big prediction.... Gronk nor Brady finish the season due to injury. Been saying it for months.

Brady looked like Jim Kelly circa 1996.

Just for a minute pretend that the Chefs hung 42 points on our defense. DOOMED.

The Chefs (as I like to call them) are a good team, but NO ONE called their offense "elite" this preseason. What I heard is Alex Smith/Andy Dalton/Tyrod/Tannehill and those like them are okay, but not "elite" enough to win. I heard Chefs have no wideouts because Macklin is gone (sounds like us), and they are taking a huge risk relying on Hill. I heard they don't have their star back anymore. Talking heads were wrong, that offense is pretty good. But they are not elite. Pats D sucked out loud.

KC is a team that we should mold our team from. Stout front 7 and a FS who can do everything with strong CB's that can jam WR's off timing routes. We have some talent on this team but we are in the 1st year of our rebuild and our QB's are a rookie and a guy who looks like he has horse blinders on. We don't have the depth or talent on this team yet to contend but a good draft and FA could get me excited about next season.

Brady looked like Jim Kelly circa 1996.

Just for a minute pretend that the Chefs hung 42 points on our defense. DOOMED.

The Chefs (as I like to call them) are a good team, but NO ONE called their offense "elite" this preseason. What I heard is Alex Smith/Andy Dalton/Tyrod/Tannehill and those like them are okay, but not "elite" enough to win. I heard Chefs have no wideouts because Macklin is gone (sounds like us), and they are taking a huge risk relying on Hill. I heard they don't have their star back anymore. Talking heads were wrong, that offense is pretty good. But they are not elite. Pats D sucked out loud.

Tyrod and Tannehill should not be in a list with Smith and Dalton until they get a team into the playoffs.

Dalton sucks. Tyrod belongs in that group. Saying Andy Dalton and Alex Smith are better than Tyrod and Tannehill is splitting hairs. All decent, none great. Many QBs like them. Pats got lit up by Alex Smith, who nobody has love for at the "elite" level - not even his coach. I have always liked Smith more than most, but no denying what a middling QB did to Belicheat's defense. If you think he is elite, we should get him when they start Mahomes next year. This board would explode.

Pats D has a chance to be very bad. Hightower proved they are not deep at LB. Highly questionable pass rush. Can't seem to stop the run.

We haven't even played one game. No one on this board has any idea how they will play Sunday

this is true

preseason is simply evaluation, vanilla gameplans and generally uninspired play in meaningless games. teams change considerably in the offseason and you can't tell what you have until the first real kickoff. we could be a 10 win team or a 5 win team, nobody has any clue yet.