Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we dispense with the hyperbole:

Lesean McCoy - Top 3 running back, likely future HoFer

Cordy Glenn - Above average LT

Richie Incognito - Perennial pro bowl guard

Eric Wood - Severely underrated here

Tyrod Taylor - Say what you want about him, but analytic sites call him vastly underrated, 47 tds to 15 ints (how many better have we had since Kelly, really)

Marcell Dareus - Sure he's got off-field issues, but when active he's one of the best DTs in the league

Kyle Williams - Ok, he's 34, but has the perennial pro bowler slowed down?

Jerry Hughes - Has had off years, but inarguably talented

Shaq Lawson - Considered by many to go as high as 11th last year in draft

Lorenzo Alexander - A ton of tackles, and third in the league in sacks

Tre'Davious White - Extremely promising rookie

Zay Jones - All-time NCAA Div I season and career leader in receptions

I'd also argue that Preston Brown is looking as he did in his rookie season, John Miller was PFF's most improved, Dion Dawkins had a hell of a spring, and Jordan Matthews has 200 more yards than Sammy in the same amount of time (is he the same potential talent, not by a longshot, but on a run-first team that led the league in rushing by 15 ypg, he's not nothing), and Charles Clay, while underwhelming so far, is not untalented.

Could this team have a disastrous year? Sure, but I don't really get this sudden rush to declare them one of the worst in a sea of truly awful teams this year. On paper, this looks like a team that should hover around the same .500 they do every year, and who could have an influx of talent in the upcoming years. Sometimes these teams catch lightning in a bottle, or something clicks. I mostly love what McDermott's been doing (save Ducasse-Miller battle) and am going into the season with an open mind.

However, to call this a low talent team is simply absurd.

thats because we traded away everyone's favorite, constantly injured receiver. And a DB that everyone was really high on after his rookie year but forgot how much they disliked him after being burned last year quite often.

People are idiots. Don't let it bother you.

OP - I would change the title of the thread and then just mention J Will in your post.

I think the sentiment is there. They have traded away a lot of young starting talent or presumed starters. Who's next and why is this happening is a valid thread.

But your premise is false.

Starters traded : Watkins and Darby for Matthews (starter) and Gaines (possible starter).

That's it.

Ragland has never played an NFL game and was a 3rd stringer on this team.

Seymour was the 2nd string slot CB.

Felt is the key word there. That still seems like a lot of talent and I don't think it is as underwhelming as you give it credit. These are the players we know: they are our players, so we'll either overestimate them or take them for granted. I doubt if you looked at the Falcons this time last year with all their first and second year players, you would have expected all that much from them.

Let's see how the season plays out. I honestly don't get the feeling that this team is particularly any worse than last year's. Also, this whole scenario plays out every year where they get predicted to be awful for no apparent reason and they're usually mediocre. I'm excited for this season and have nothing to lose believing in this team.

As for the draft picks, they were players I was hoping they would take, so I like the picks. Then again, I also wanted them to take Darby and Watkins at the time.

I'd encourage you to actually look at the 2016 falcons roster before making that comparison in talent