is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You just don't keep a Mike Tolbert over a young guy like this...you just don't.

I mean especially if he was your backup RB, Mike Tolbert is not a backup RB at this point in his career. He's a couple snaps/situational type player. Just a really, really weird move considering how Williams looked this preseason.

I have never seen a team purge so many young players in one off season after a new regime is put into place. Just really weird and concerning.

...if THE top priority of a regime change is to get rid of the previous regime's players regardless of talent, I'll be dead and you folks will be telling your GREAT grandchildren about the last time Buffalo made the playoffs...

Makes no sense whatsoever. These greenhorns are making highly questionable decisions. Earn the right to make the team my ass.

It is Earn your right to make the team. Unless you have a coach project or former coaches player in your position group. Then look out.

This seems like a big middle finger to Whaley and Rex

No, it's a big middle finger to the fans. Like stupid politicians, they need to crap on everything the previous regime did. They can say the inherited a giant mess when in truth, there were plenty of good pieces.

Now, they made a giant mess and can know can try to buy more time for themselves. And odds are, they will be gone in 3 years and a new regime would have to clean up their mess. Rinse and repeat.

You could have kept solid young talent and gotten rid of older, higher price vets. But instead of guys like Sammy, Darby, Williams, we kept scrubs like Tolbert (good player but old now), Yates, and Vlad. I'm so pumped!!!