KC to CJ Spiller - bye felicia

boyst

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I can't speak for everyone but I don't see any grave dancing. In fact, I wish him well and from day one I said that he was one of the worst draft choices I had ever seen. That is a heavy statement coming from a Bills Fan.

It isn't about hate dave. Imo people marvel at the fact that posters on a message board (with you near the top of the list) have been on the money WAY more than Bills management. It is pretty amazing, wouldn't you say?

He seemed to be a good person and I pray that he and his family are successful in their future endeavors.

Bill -- I agree with you 100 percent about him as a draft pick. Fwiw, though, he did actually have one inarguably great season. Some people here (not most) do seem to be taking pleasure in his failure, while others seem to take pleasure in celebrating their own prognostication skills while dissing other less enlightened fans (not you!). I think it's clear in retrospect that he was a bad pick, but he did have his moments. He wasn't a Maybin or a Mike Williams. Edited by dave mcbride

no, it's hysterical. Just like all those who cheered for EJ Manuel, Reggie Ragland, Peerless price, Rex Ryan... And so many others. seeing this happen just reaffirms that some of us know a heck of a lot more than others about football so our joy is simply that we are laughing that we were right to begin with well others were so obsessive that we just need to give him a chance. If he played for any other team nobody would have ever cared, quite simply put most of these guys were terrible football players.

I soon believe that Sammy Watkins will be on a list of players that didn't do amazing things when they left, just like Mike gillislee

Except I am sure you have had a few misses that have conveniently fallen into obscurity.

Except I am sure you have had a few misses that have conveniently fallen into obscurity.

I sure do have my share WaT. I said that Rob Johnson would be a great quarterback and wasn't too concerned when the Bills got rid of Pat Williams. I also made a bet with cb97 that Aaron Murray would be drafted by the 3rd round (thus his signature which will probably stay up until Judgement Day :) )

Still, my record is better than all of the Bills GMs combined, and it pales in comparison to R.Rich, BADOL, most (not all) of the draftniks on this board, and a slew of other posters on this board. On THIS BOARD Wat!!! Maybin? An overweight, injured RT (Williams) over McKinnie? Whitner? Roscoe Parrish? Giving up the world for Watkins? Spiller? Two 4th round picks to move 8 spots in round 2 for Ragland? I left out a slew of disasters, and won't even get into the nutty, weird extensions and free agent signings.

But in any event you are right. Pros will miss on draft picks very often, let alone people like us. Still, it's almost as if it would be hard to draft as poorly as the Bills even if one was trying to do so. We will know in May of 2018 if things have changed.

It's sad that people seem to taking pleasure in a good guy getting cut.

I have nothing against CJ and I take no pleasure in him being cut. My comment was just a joke referring to Chan saying he gets winded easily.

I think Chan was largely underrated as an OC. He managed to create production with very few real weapons.

Agree no doubt. He knew how to maximize CJ and especially Stevie. He was probably my favorite HC of the past 20 years as a person. Unfortunately his defenses were another story

others seem to take pleasure in celebrating their own prognostication skills while dissing other less enlightened fans (not you!). I think it's clear in retrospect that he was a bad pick, but he did have his moments. He wasn't a Maybin or a Mike Williams.

or me!

spiller pretty much sucked due to low IQ, not speed or ability. I liked him til I realized his good plays were just lucky where the hole happened to open up and other plays, where a hole was right there for him, he would bounce outside. Then the next game, run into the pile when the outside was wide open, never reading it, just deciding and going and getting lucky 1 out of 4 times.

What we need to do to keep the mediocrity level at it's lowly norm is to change coaching staffs every 2 years and get a new GM every 6 years.

GMs build a team to fit a coaching staff's plan. If the O and D philosophies remain similar, perhaps you can hire a bum HC and dismiss him early.
But it you're hiring a 3-4 defensive HC who likes cover two, then go to an offensive minded HC who likes a jitterbug toy, then toss him in the s hitter after 2-3 years, then hire another clown who has no NFL Head coaching experience but runs a 4-3, then replace him after a year with a jerk-on head case who thinks he's god's gift to the NFL...

The Bills' front office has been in a 2-3 year rebuilding process that restarts every 2-3 years. Right now the current FO de jour is jettisoning some decent players that were drafted for the LAST coaching squad that held residence in the revolving chambers of the coaching graveyard that is One Bills Drive.

Maybe they got it right this time with Opie and his tar-heel friends. Lord knows I hope so, but until the coaching merry-go-round comes to a standstill there won't be any long term success that I can foresee that returns The Bills to relevancy in the NFL.

Go Bills!

or me!

spiller pretty much sucked due to low IQ, not speed or ability. I liked him til I realized his good plays were just lucky where the hole happened to open up and other plays, where a hole was right there for him, he would bounce outside. Then the next game, run into the pile when the outside was wide open, never reading it, just deciding and going and getting lucky 1 out of 4 times.

Many many times there would be tons of daylight and he would just run up the back of his blockers. Speed and abiity? Yes. Vision? Not so much. Pretty sure the guy couldn't run through the woods without banging head first into a tree.

Many many times there would be tons of daylight and he would just run up the back of his blockers. Speed and abiity? Yes. Vision? Not so much. Pretty sure the guy couldn't run through the woods without banging head first into a tree.

Which is where Freddie excelled. Like someone said, he was like water. If there was an opening he found it, and always moved forward.

They cut him twice this week! They still can't figure out how to get him in space

The thing with him is he doesn't have vision as a runner and can't pass block at all....so you can't even put him out there in passing situations. If you're a DC...just blitz and have the blitzer come right towards him....CJ won't even make an attempt to slow him down.

CJ Spiller cut

Bring him back?

I'll hang up and take the call off air.

How many posts in this thread will say "No way!" despite coming from the same posters who defended the draft choice, and the organization, at the time we drafted that guy?

That's how the vocal majority around here rolls.

:lol:

Very rarely am I thankful for something the Bills have, but each time I read about Spiller I think how thankful I am that we have a great running back. CJ might be a decent dude, but another wasted draft pick.

Unfortunately the bills already exceed the NFL quota for old running backs.

I can't think of one good reason to being him back. There is nothing he can contribute that you couldn't find anywhere. The thought of it is ridiculous.