Jarvis Landry's Tweet on the hit against Odell on MNF

I personally watched the Browns vs Giants pre-season game, I had some daily fantasy interest in the game. I saw the hit and thought there goes Odell's season since his leg was planted and took a direct shot to the knee and it looked bad.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/22/jarvis-landry-on-odell-beckham-injury-this-is-why-i-hate-preseason/

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 22, 2017, 8:10 AM EDT
ap_172340551373811-e1503403836522.jpg?w=
AP

"Giants receiver Odell Beckham appeared to avoid serious injury when he took a hit against the Browns on Monday night, but Beckham’s friend and college teammate wasn’t happy to see him take any injury at all.

Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry, who played alongside Beckham at LSU, wrote on Twitter that he wasn’t pleased with seeing his buddy get hurt in a meaningless exhibition.

“This is why I hate preseason Bulls–t,” Landry wrote on Twitter after Beckham was hurt.

Landry’s complaint is a common one across the NFL, as players wonder why they’re risking their bodies in games that don’t matter. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is speaking out in favor of reducing the preseason, and he’ll likely have the support of players like Landry in that — at least if the league can find a way to shorten the preseason without doing something else the players oppose, such as lengthening the regular season. That’s a big “if.”."

LA Ram's great Sammy Watkins chimed in as well.

Gotta make another rule change man...

38 replies79 retweets381 likes
Retweet

https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/899807157549268992

Jarvis's Tweet is interesting to me because I want to know if the hit took place in the regular season would it have been okay? If he thinks the hit, in general, isn't okay then I have an issue since this is coming from a guy that ended Aaron William's career on an illegal hit. Yes, Aaron should have kept his head on a swivel but doesn't make it right.

Then these guys will get hurt in the regular season. The reduction in practice reps is the reason these guys are falling in preseason. Reduce the prep time some more and watch an explosion of injuries in Week 1

There's no other way to do it. You need to get live game reps in. If they want to limit it to 2 games, fine, but you can't just cancel preseason on the off chance that you'll be injured. That's ridiculous.

As a side note, Landry is still my least favorite player in the league not on the Patriots.

it wasn't dirty, it wasn't illegal, but it was a poor and unsafe tackle that should have had higher pad-level. Tackler could have remained on his feet and wrapped the waist, face int he gut. There was plenty of time and room to contemplate and execute that maneuver vs. the maneuver he did contemplate and execute, leaving his feet and tucking his head.

It was Eli's fault. Real time OBJ had to go back for an under thrown ball. Can't blame the corner. Sucks that that happens but that is part of football. Sammy, OBJ, Landry and the rest are Million Dollar Prima Donnas. Obviously the Giants staff did not seemed too concerned and let him walk off the field and go to locker room unattended. Only when OBJ realized he wasn't getting the attention that he wanted he crumpled down in the hallway screaming "Look at me", "Pay attention to me", "Whaaaaaa. . .".

Edited by BuffaloMatt

It was Eli's fault. Real time OBJ had to go back for an under thrown ball. Can't blame the corner. Sucks that that happens but that is part of football. Sammy, OBJ, Landry and the rest are Million Dollar Prima Donnas. Obviously the Giants staff did not seemed too concerned and let him walk off the field and go to locker room unattended. Only when OBJ realized he wasn't getting the attention that he wanted he crumpled down in the hallway screaming "Look at me", "Pay attention to me", "Whaaaaaa. . .".

OBJ.jpg

Praying towards Mecca or performing Yoga?

Edited by Captain Murica

It's only an ankle, Jarvis. It's not like he was going headhunting on a crackback or anything...POS

cheap21.0.gif

My first thought too. He ended AW's career with that cheap shot.

I never understood why this is a dirty hit. It's called a block. Can someone who thinks it was a dirty hit please explain why?

See how he launches his forearm into AW's neck? And lept off the ground?

I never understood why this is a dirty hit. It's called a block. Can someone who thinks it was a dirty hit please explain why?

They've been slowly taking this type of block out of the game. He launched himself into the head and neck area, if it was in the chest I'd have no issue at all. He was flagged and eventually fined for the play.

I remember when Ward drilled Ed Reed and immediately called for their team's trainers to the field. It was legal then and Ed called it dirty.

1161382_o.gif

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/12/ed-reed-hines-ward-tried-to-cheap-shot-me/1#.WZyfvz6GPIU

Who?

Landry. Still pissed at his BS play and taunt

There's no other way to do it. You need to get live game reps in. If they want to limit it to 2 games, fine, but you can't just cancel preseason on the off chance that you'll be injured. That's ridiculous.

As a side note, Landry is still my least favorite player in the league not on the Patriots.

Yep

Jarvis's Tweet is interesting to me because I want to know if the hit took place in the regular season would it have been okay? If he thinks the hit, in general, isn't okay then I have an issue since this is coming from a guy that ended Aaron William's career on an illegal hit. Yes, Aaron should have kept his head on a swivel but doesn't make it right.

If I was a coach and I'd lost a player due to cheap shot from Jarvis I'd make sure every player trying to make roster knew you would be paying special attention to anyone on him. Some player trying to make roster would give the twit Jarvis something to tweet about. Yeah I am a hockey fan and liked some of the enforcers even if they were not the best hockey players. The good news is the NFLPA would defend player just as they defended Jarvis on the cheap shots.

Edited by Limeaid