Ragland and who for Alex Smith? Can it work?

Several reporters suggest we trade Ragland to KC. I would want Alex Smith back since the Chiefs don't see him as their long term QB. I think he would be perfect for what Dennison wants to do. He's very efficient and surprisingly mobile at times.

I think KC wouldn't do Ragland for Smith straight up, but I wouldn't add more than a 4th rd pick. Who else could we afford to throw in to make it happen? Philly Brown? Holmes? Ducasse?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL.com: Trades that make too much sense

The preseason is young and there's still a lot of football left to watch before kickoff, but Marc Sessler has already identified seven potential deals around the league that are almost too perfect.NFL.com

Bills ILB Reggie Ragland to the Chiefs

Hand-picked by Rex Ryan, Ragland was identified as an ideal fit for the ex-Buffalo coach's 3-4 scheme. In Sean McDermott's 4-3 operation, though, the hard-hitting Alabama star has failed to click, riding with the third-team defense in recent days. Ragland's rookie season was washed away by a knee injury, but the 2016 second-rounder is filled with promise as an old-school, aggressive defender who fearlessly seeks out ball carriers. I'd love to see him grow in Kansas City, where the team could use an understudy to Derrick Johnson, who turns 35 this November. Few teams do a better job of developing young defenders -- the kind of attention Ragland desperately needs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Several reporters suggest we trade Ragland to KC. I would want Alex Smith back since the Chiefs don't see him as their long term QB. I think he would be perfect for what Dennison wants to do. He's very efficient and surprisingly mobile at times.

I think KC wouldn't do Ragland for Smith straight up, but I wouldn't add more than a 4th rd pick. Who else could we afford to throw in to make it happen? Philly Brown? Holmes? Ducasse?

KC is trying to win this season. Smith is their best chance for that in 2017.

I don't think the Chiefs are going to give up their starting QB, even if they do like the look of Mahomes.

But if you're set on trading Ragland to them, I hear they have a RB they're pretty high on. I think his name is C something. CK? CJ? OK?

With owning the Chiefs first round pick, not sure it makes any sense for the Bills to contribute to the Chief's success this year.

From the sounds of things, sending them Ragland might work in out favor! :)

I'd make this trade in 1/100th of a New York heartbeat.

Y'all are nuts. Last year in 15 games he threw 15 TDs vs 8 picks. 3500+ yards. 67.1 % and 91.2 rate. When I watch him play I see a very smart QB that can also beat you with the run.

He's not sexy or flashy, he just wins.

He'd look great in a Bills suit.

No way in heck Andy Reed dumps him for a rook though. He's not stupid.

Let's just throw anything out that crosses our simple mind.

Whatever. Ragland to KC is actually an interesting topic. It's being talked about in national posts. The other options for discussion on the main page are about Game Pass and something Marrone said. Contribute or zip it imho.

That said, can Ragland be parlayed into a left tackle insurance policy or is Dawkins reasonable as a backup plan for Cordy?

Youre living in a dream world bro. KC wouldnt trade us marcus peters for Raggy and a 2nd rnd pick. Raggy doesnt have his feet back under him yet, we're better off getting Ragland back to game speed 1st, THEN trading him when his vakue is higher to maximize the ROI. We cud trade raggy to the bears and poach one of their CBs too. I know they play a 34 and OLB Floyd is developing real well.

So let me see if I have this right. KC no longer wants Alex Smith so we trade for him because he'll be our savior at QB?

Alex Smith would get best QB we've had since at least Flutie. Do y'all ever watch him play?

Giants no longer wanted Kurt Warner but he was Arizona's saviour. Nobody wanted Gannon yet he was Oakland's savior. It happens.

The Chiefs consider themselves a playoff contender so there's no way they trade Alex Smith. Even if Mahomes wows them in training camp/preseason and wins the starting spot (unlikely) they're going to want Alex Smith as a backup.

I don't see the Chiefs giving us Alex Smith. And more, I don't see us wanting Smith.

I can't see them keeping Tyrod if we brought in Smith. Too much money spent at QB for a team likely to draft one next year anyway. But they wouldn't save any money by cutting Tyrod, he's guaranteed $15 mill. So we'd be spending around $25 mill this year on our top two QBs.

Simply wouldn't make sense financially or tactically for us. Nor for KC since they want to win this year and show every sign of wanting to develop their rookie on the bench for a year or two.

Everything else aside I'd take Smith over Tyrod in an instant. But it doesn't make sense right now, especially so late in the process. He'd have to learn the offense in two and a half weeks.

Even if we balanced this out so KC got equal value, I don't see either team being interested in making that move.

Edited by Thurman#1