Who could be this year's Lorax?

I would go with Poyer. Never been a consistent starter but will be give every opportunity to be a starter here. Plus, his hot girlfriend factor is very high.

i think Poyer is already penciled in as a starter, but he could be a similar guy to Kurt Coleman in Carolina. Coleman was a late round pick who did nothing in Philly, then went to Carolina and made plays everywhere at safety.

i think Poyer is already penciled in as a starter, but he could be a similar guy to Kurt Coleman in Carolina. Coleman was a late round pick who did nothing in Philly, then went to Carolina and made plays everywhere at safety.

Good call and I loved Coleman at OSU. He always made plays in the games I watched.

I like the topic and a lot of the names thrown around (Poyer, Thomas, Yarbrough, Streater and Humber). I guess that I will pick someone different and will say Nick O'Leary. Clay seems to always be battling some sort of injury and this offense will use the TEs. I can see O'Leary catching 6-8 TDs which would be unexpected. (Whoops someone else picked him)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Logan Thomas

If Clay can't stay healthy, this is an interesting option on offense.

On defense, I'm hoping for all of the above! We just may need that. (Did I cheat? Wouldn't be the first time...)

Based on camp reports Yarbrough is the most obvious to come out of nowhere if he keeps it up. Will be interesting to see if he can have production in the preseason

Based on camp reports Yarbrough is the most obvious to come out of nowhere if he keeps it up. Will be interesting to see if he can have production in the preseason

on Yarbrough, j thought it was interesting that McD said yesterday it was Waufle who was familiar with him and triggered the signing. McD didn't know him at all. I like the fact Waufle saw something in him. He has coached a lot of studs. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yarborough or Streeter seem like good speculative choices based on their performance in camp. I haven't heard much about Shorts since OTAs. Is he running with the 2's....the 3's?

From Astro's reports it sounded like Shorts was splitting time with the 2's & 3's.

I would go with Poyer. Never been a consistent starter but will be give every opportunity to be a starter here. Plus, his hot girlfriend factor is very high.

My first choice as well. With a good, healthy front 7, I think our secondary will look better than many people think. Good pressure up front should create hurried and errant throws. The DBs will be in zone a lot, allowing them to keep their eyes on the QB, and make plays on the ball.

For this defense, I think Poyer and Hyde are just fine. Teams will still expose them. I think they'll be vulnerable down the seams and on deep post/smash concepts. But they'll be put in positions to make plays. Just need our front 7 to create havoc in the backfield and hold up against the run.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

My first choice as well. With a good, healthy front 7, I think our secondary will look better than many people think. They'll be in zone a lot, and so the DBs will be able to watch the QB and jump at hurried throws.

I like zone because i feel like you have 3 main options - late? make a tackle - on time? breakup or make a tackle - early? Breakup or INT.

Man is tougher on the corners because you might be following them all over the field, they might be lining up in different spots etc. Teams are more and more just moving players around but ending them up in the same places. The checks and adjustments can be a bit more fluid in a zone I think, and you can disguise blitzes more effectively.

Edited by dneveu

I like zone because i feel like you have 3 main options - late? make a tackle - on time? breakup or make a tackle - early? Breakup or INT.

Man is tougher on the corners because you might be following them all over the field, they might be lining up in different spots etc. Teams are more and more just moving players around but ending them up in the same places. The checks and adjustments can be a bit more fluid in a zone I think, and you can disguise blitzes more effectively.

That's what McDermott likes to do. He can disguise his blitzes in several ways. Defensive linemen are asked to drop at times as well, to cover for a blitzing LB. Only problem right now is our LBs aren't as good as what he had in Carolina. I believe that our defensive line is better than what he had in Carolina, so that helps. Just need them to stay healthy. Losing one or two guys up front for significant time would be a major blow for this defense.

Thomas on offense

Humber on D.

I like this.

I'll be watching Thomas very closely over the next month.

I'd be ecstatic if LoRax is this last season's LoRax. B-)

@TBNSports

Entering his 11th season, #Bills LB Lorenzo Alexander might just be hitting his stride. Story by @VicCarucci: http://bit.ly/2vmzF6d

i totally agree. i dont think anyone is expecting him to do it again. i think that would honestly surprise me more than if some other guy rose up and had a probowl season.

Remember that DT that wore 76 a couple camps back that made all kinds of plays in the backfield, then was cut and never heard from again?

Anyone remember him?

Landon Cohen :D

He ended up with the Seahawks. Played 16 snaps in Super Bowl 49.

Edited by Blokestradamus