Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHEEEE HOOOOO!!!

I have always loved Boldin! I wonder if it's just coincidental that this is happening the day after a Watkins scare...?

According to Schefter, Boldin agreed last week but backed out, then changed his mind again today. So I don't think it was a direct response to anything recent. Holmes dropping passes all over the place sure made the decision easier.

I think Hauschka is too. I'd hate to cut the kicker for an extra fourth and then miss the playoffs on a missed kick.

I'd rather have Hauschka than a 4th to be honest. But I'd trade Holmes, Davis and Ducasse for a 3rd. Then just sign cuts from elsewhere to fill their spots.

Boldin has been one of my favorite non-Bill NFL players pretty much since he entered the league. Love the way he plays the game and have been beating the drum to sign him for a while.

Some thoughts about the signing:

- Makes sense to bring in the 2015 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award for a McDermott-run squad.

- Yates, Boldin, Tolbert, DiMarco, Hodges, Johnson, Hyde, Poyer, Hauschka - not one under 26, all brought in this offseason, and all expected to make significant contributions (well, hopefully not Yates). Add to Taylor, McCoy, Clay, Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Hughes, Williams, Dareus, Alexander, and Humber... this is a veteran squad!

- Unsure if posted yet, but saw a tweet that Taylor's first NFL completion was an 18 yard pass to... Anquan Boldin.

- Cannot think of another receiver in the league I'd rather have the 24 y/o Watkins and 22 y/o Jones learn from.

- Speaking of, this takes a little less pressure off Jones to step in and be the WR2 full-time. Holmes wasn't taking off that pressure based on camp reports.

- Plus, now if any one of Watkins, Jones, or Boldin goes down, then you still have two of those guys plus Holmes/Streater as WR3/4.

- Really good match with what the Dennison offense should look like. Block. Find short-to-intermediate pockets. Get 1st downs. Be productive in the red zone.

An experienced 500-800 yard guy. $2.3 million one season.

Load up the incentives.

if he goes greater then 1,100 yards receiving add $1 million.

If the team makes the payoffs $250K bonus.

Win a single playoff game where Bolden receives more then 100 yards $100K.

If Sammy exceeds 1,300 yards $500,000. It means he is drawing single coverage more because of Boldin... and he is teaching Sammy.

Pro Bowl $200K (selection is now a joke, but it is a nice way to give him money for effort).

If Zay goes 1000 yards add $100K. Means he is teaching..

$10,000 for every reverse called and he gains 30 or more yards.

$5,000 for every catch greater then 20 yards.

$100,000 for every catch greater then 50 yards.

$1000 for every touchdown while Boldin is on the field. Stay healthy and you make money.

$5,000 per touchdown Boldin makes.

This adds up fast....and if it works we have an Eric Moulds/Peerless Price type duo....

Sounds like the contract is similar to my post.... Now for my next trick...

Boldin has been one of my favorite non-Bill NFL players pretty much since he entered the league. Love the way he plays the game and have been beating the drum to sign him for a while.

Some thoughts about the signing:

- Makes sense to bring in the 2015 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award for a McDermott-run squad.

- Yates, Boldin, Tolbert, DiMarco, Hodges, Johnson, Hyde, Poyer, Hauschka - not one under 26, all brought in this offseason, and all expected to make significant contributions (well, hopefully not Yates). Add to Taylor, McCoy, Clay, Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Hughes, Williams, Dareus, Alexander, and Humber... this is a veteran squad!

- Unsure if posted yet, but saw a tweet that Taylor's first NFL completion was an 18 yard pass to... Anquan Boldin.

- Cannot think of another receiver in the league I'd rather have the 24 y/o Watkins and 22 y/o Jones learn from.

- Speaking of, this takes a little less pressure off Jones to step in and be the WR2 full-time. Holmes wasn't taking off that pressure based on camp reports.

- Plus, now if any one of Watkins, Jones, or Boldin goes down, then you still have two of those guys plus Holmes/Streater as WR3/4.

- Really good match with what the Dennison offense should look like. Block. Find short-to-intermediate pockets. Get 1st downs. Be productive in the red zone.

that is so awesome :thumbsup:

@mattschneidman

Bills GM Brandon Beane now addressing today's signing of Anquan Boldin.

DGpT-M_XkAAgC5K.jpg

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Brandon Beane on Anquan Boldin deciding to sign: "This was an important family decision. Had to talk it out w wife and kids."

Beane said report Boldin "backed out" of deal w #Bills was not accurate. Talks were on-going until they got "money where it need to be."

Beane: "Anquan is a move for now, but he's also a move for the future." Calls him a Hall-of-Famer. #Bills

@SalSports

Sounds like Bills like Boldin in the slot. Beane said "he's made a lot of hay over the middle," but that he can also play outside.

@mattschneidman

Bills GM Brandon Beane now addressing today's signing of Anquan Boldin.

DGpT-M_XkAAgC5K.jpg

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Brandon Beane on Anquan Boldin deciding to sign: "This was an important family decision. Had to talk it out w wife and kids."

Beane said report Boldin "backed out" of deal w #Bills was not accurate. Talks were on-going until they got "money where it need to be."

Beane: "Anquan is a move for now, but he's also a move for the future." Calls him a Hall-of-Famer. #Bills

@SalSports

Sounds like Bills like Boldin in the slot. Beane said "he's made a lot of hay over the middle," but that he can also play outside.

So they upped the offer and he signed? Shocking

8-7: (AUDIO) - BRANDON BEANE PRESSER ON THE SIGNING OF ANQUAN BOLDIN (7:28)

Tune in to WGR now to hear from #Bills GM Brandon Beane as he addresses the media after signing WR Anquan Boldin.

Beane - we were confident, everyone was confident that the #Bills were a good fit for Boldin

Beane - conversations picked up over the last 2-3 days. This was a family decision for Anquan #Bills

Beane - we had conversations where we knew where the money needed to be. There was no period when either side backed out of a deal #Bills

Beane - it's pretty remarkable what Boldin has done, a Hall of Famer. We preach culture, we think he brings that to Buffalo #Bills

Beane - I know Boldin has been working out two times a day. I have no doubt he'll be up and ready quicker than other UFA receivers #Bills

Beane - I've been a big Boldin fan from afar, bringing him in has zero to do with where our WRs are #Bills

Beane: my job is to win now and in the future. Boldin is a move for now, but also for the future to possibly help teams down the road #Bills

Beane - no matter who was the QB, Boldin was a guy I wanted in Buffalo. Nice that Tyrod has some history with Boldin #Bills

@JohnMurphyShow

General manager Brandon Beane joins Murph and Donald on set next!

His hands are exceptional. I'm not sure he can separate so well and how that pairs with a conservative, non anticipation thrower. But it's hard not to love his grit.

He fits the "open when he's not open" moniker so hopefully he can convince Tyrod to throw it and he'll catch it.

hahahaha...in my case, going full speed would result in barely a scratch due to all the extra padding....granted i may not be able to do 40 reps as i would probably be winded after 4 or 5...

Go outside your office, run full speed into the brick wall. Do that 40 times. Go lay in bed for a week then do it again. See how you feel in 10 years.

Good signing. I always loved Boldin as an offensive player. Not only was he a super talented receiver but he always was a super physical player who took a lot of pride in hurting the defense with his run blocking and his blocking for other receivers. He always added that edge to an offense in addition to adding firepower in the receiving game.

At this stage of his career, he isn't as great as he use to be offensively (Although he hauled in 8 TD's and nearly 600 yards last year so he can still be fairly productive esp in the red zone) but he is still a presence on the field blocking and can contribute offensively. Good signing. Adds depth and leadership at worst. At best it adds a competent compliment to Sammy and moves Zay to the slot where he will be most effective.