Panthers release Michael Oher

Any reason to bring him in to play RT? Obviously Beane and others would know a lot about what he has left, and obviously would depend on the price tag. And obviously there will be a bunch of bad Oher was blindsided jokes.

Reported by Field Yates and retweeted by Schefter.

Failed physical from concussion.

Any reason to bring him in to play RT? Obviously Beane and others would know a lot about what he has left, and obviously would depend on the price tag. And obviously there will be a bunch of bad Oher was blindsided jokes.

He has to get healthy.

I would bring him in and cut Mills

He's been in NFL concussion protocol since September. Not looking good for football.

If I were him I would take the money I have made along with the health I had left and call it a career

Same here.

....been in concussion protocol since September 2016.....10 months does not bode well...............

That sure doesn't. Not often you see that, unless the teams being extraordinarily cautious in it.

he has had a bunch of off the field issues recently, too.

it'll set him up well for the lawsuit against the league for the brain damage that supposedly is caused by football.

If I remember right, he was somewhat critical of the GM firing in Carolina. Interesting.

I had that same thought. Definitely interesting that his release comes very shortly after he made those comments. Could just be coincidence, or could be related.

He's never had that good of an NFL career and was glamorized by the Disney movie.. I loved the movie, but he was a journeyman and had such a bad concussion, he hasn't been on the field since last September.

He's made enough money to hang them up. I doubt any team will pick him up.

Are you trying to compete with Marrone for most obviously's in a brief statement?

he has had a bunch of off the field issues recently, too.

it'll set him up well for the lawsuit against the league for the brain damage that supposedly is caused by football.

Will he be able to sue his junior tackle league, middle school, high school, college also? Soccer team if he played that? Martial Arts or boxing if he was in that. As all those contributed to his CTE just like NFL.

This coming litigation on this issue will be very interesting where they lay the fault at and what % they assign each level of sports ladder they climbed.

He's soft in the head from what I hear. Not referring to concussions either, just doesn't have what it takes upstairs. Incognito wouldn't put up with it.

I agree. When a player has an 8 year career in the NFL as a starter, it usually means they don't have what it takes.

He's never had that good of an NFL career and was glamorized by the Disney movie.. I loved the movie, but he was a journeyman and had such a bad concussion, he hasn't been on the field since last September.

He's made enough money to hang them up. I doubt any team will pick him up.

He had a pretty good run in Baltimore but he was absolutely terrible with the Titans. He bounced back in Carolina for one season as a really good starter, but it just looks like the concussion issue will likely end his career somewhat early.