Panthers cut S Tre Boston; appears to be off to LA

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes good friends with Sammy. Watched him play in HS. can definitely help this team.

Yeh, both Ft Myers Fl guys.....I spend the winter down there, and the local media covers both guys regularly. They know each other for sure......

Edited by bigK14094

in most homes in this country this will not work anymore as the pipes are pvc and not steel, with plastic tubs and most importantly gfc's. And better fuses.

You're not very likely to die dropping a toaster in a bathtub.

So, that's why it's not working...

Ok, so Bills enter draft needing safety depth. They dont take a safety at all. Then Carolina cuts a 24 year old safety with starting experience that they tried to trade before the draft.

Ok. McDermott and Beane are definitely dirty, and I love it.

and then he tweets out "Trust the Process" 🤔😄

um.. so, does anybody know anything worthwhile about Tre Boston?

No, but his name is TRE and we drafted TRE'DAVIOUS.

Obviously, this means Beane is GM and we're signing him.

No idea how people can't see the reality before them and connect the dots.

THE DOTS, people, THE DOTS!

Ok, so Bills enter draft needing safety depth. They dont take a safety at all. Then Carolina cuts a 24 year old safety with starting experience that they tried to trade before the draft.

Ok. McDermott and Beane are definitely dirty, and I love it.

It would quite literally be about as treacherous as anything Bills fans criticise the Patriots for.

Beane pre-draft: "hey Sean, what did you think of Tre Boston? Wanna trade for him?"

McD: "no I don't want to TRADE for him Beaner."

Beane: "ok, good talk"

McD: "Trust the process"

3 days later: Panthers release Tre Boston after trade talks didn't progress

Edited by YoloinOhio

Boston is a bad starter but good depth player.

another bad pick from the assistant GM we want to hire to go with micky d .......................Ill pass

and then he tweets out "Trust the Process"

Don't worry Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin will fill the needs of Carolina very nicely..... Please don't pick up option on Sammy micky-d please

Great character guy, hard working. Solid tackler struggles a little in coverage as hes not extremely athletic. Doesnt have over the top speed. Could help with depth, and play on Special teams. May be able to let the D do more with Hyde. Worth signing. Grew up playing with Sammy.

what wasn't said was that he was a good player ..... If I want character guys I can go back to the Bills of 2000 .....Character doesn't win games ...TALENT DOES ...micky d better learn quick or he and his family will be moving back to where ever they came from in a New York minute

MEAN WHILE A PRO BOWL LINEBACKER WENT TO THE 49ERS. All Tre tells me is that they(Panthers staff) blew another 4th round pick from two years ago....This tells me their front office cant judge talent . This might be the reason micky d defense was 21st 10th 6th 2nd 10th 27th the past 5 years hardly anything to hold your hat on .....now he wants someone who like himself cant judge talent. This is Greg Williams all over again ... I just gave up club section 231 row 1 seats 5 thru 10 if anyone is interested I can spend my 12 plus k on something else.

Edited by liverpoolkev

Hey, watch it!

We're working on tres TREs...

Signals Jerry! Signals!

Beane pre-draft: "hey Sean, what did you think of Tre Boston? Wanna trade for him?"

McD: "no I don't want to TRADE for him Beaner."

Beane: "ok, good talk"

McD: "Trust the process"

3 days later: Panthers release Tre Boston after trade talks didn't progress

Haha.

Love that we have our new "obviously" already with this coach.

what wasn't said was that he was a good player ..... If I want character guys I can go back to the Bills of 2000 .....Character doesn't win games ...TALENT DOES ...micky d better learn quick or he and his family will be moving back to where ever they came from in a New York minute

MEAN WHILE A PRO BOWL LINEBACKER WENT TO THE 49ERS. All Tre tells me is that they(Panthers staff) blew another 4th round pick from two years ago....This tells me their front office cant judge talent . This might be the reason micky d defense was 21st 10th 6th 2nd 10th 27th the past 5 years hardly anything to hold your hat on .....now he wants someone who like himself cant judge talent. This is Greg Williams all over again ... I just gave up club section 231 row 1 seats 5 thru 10 if anyone is interested I can spend my 12 plus k on something else.

YOU CONNECTED THE DOTS! YOU DID IT!

Looks like they didn't want to pay him when an escalator clause in the CBA more than doubled his salary from about $800K to $1.9 million (there are other FA safeties they apparently like better for the money):

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/24824/escalator-clause-gives-panthers-safety-tre-boston-huge-bump-in-salary

Here's a list of currently available FAs at safety (notice something, other than where Boston is listed and it wasn't in alphabetical order--it's a stroll through our esteemed franchise's history):

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/safety/available/

Edited by biggerdaddynj

is the toaster plugged in, and am I in the bathtub?

Bahahaaaha

:wub: OMG! McD woody....can't get to the fax machine to put in that claim quick enough..

The same fax machine that cost the Broncos a pass rusher?!

Looks like they didn't want to pay him when an escalator clause in the CBA more than doubled his salary from about $800K to $1.9 million (there are other FA safeties they apparently like better for the money):

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/24824/escalator-clause-gives-panthers-safety-tre-boston-huge-bump-in-salary

Here's a list of currently available FAs at safety (notice something, other than where Boston is listed and it wasn't in alphabetical order--it's a stroll through our esteemed franchise's history):

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/safety/available/

Bring Baccari Rambo back!

Being called out by McDermott noticeably often makes me care more about why his play was so bad and less about how he can take criticism.

As my old coach used to say, "when I stop talking to you, then you should be upset." If McD really didn't like Boston's potential he would have been on the bench. If he was being called out, the coach has expectations that he believes the player has the ability to meet. It's a negative occurrence, but for a positive reason. Doesn't mean he winds up with the Bills, but he's still a young player and that's not a bad thing for depth.

Edited by purple haze

:lol:

I get it now.

. . . . . . .

I'm not sure I've ever read a post of yours that I understand

I am curious as to what there is a comprehension issue? The guy had to clear waivers before becoming and outright FA.

That being said, I would pass on him.

@josephperson

Ex-Panthers S Tre Boston went unclaimed on waivers. Becomes free agent. Likewise Lou Young, Devon Johnson, Jordan Rigsbee and Jack Rodgers.

Really didn't think anyone wanted him for a $1.9 million cap hit...not worth it...but 20-30 plays in a hybrid nickel/dime role and special teams may even offer him 2 years at $1 million per...with maybe $250K upfront.