Like or dislike the future of the Bills Organization

Simple as it states in the title. Do you like the way forward Bills Organization is moving?

Do you dislike the way forward the Bills Organization is moving?

Are you on the fence?

Im pretty thrilled thus far. I have my reservations about the abilities of some of the picks, however, Im reasonable and give the kids enough time to show me what they have or have not.

I feel as though for once in the last decade or so since Wade was here things could be moving in a way that would finally make our franchise relevant.

We have an owner that just proves he will not settle for mediocrity/average.

We have an owner that isnt afraid to spend.

We have little holdovers from the Wilson years.

We just filled some very needed holes that had been looked over for a while.

We have what appears to be if healthy a very capable Wr, te, and rb.

We have qb that doesnt lose you games.

I finally feel there is HOPE!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always hopeful but if they just bit the bullet and tanked years ago we would already have a winner. I feel like we are putting lipstick on a pig. We aren't a good team and the longer we pretend like we are the farther away we get from actually rebuilding and getting there

Love it. We have been unorganized and mediocre for so long it's nice to see a direction finally coming together. McDermott has the right attitude. In the NFL it isn't talent so much that wins anymore it is character and intelligence. With the salary cap you have to do a really poor job if you can't find enough talent to win. It's how you use your talent and how reliable it is.

Long-term I feel very optimistic about the Bills' future. They have an owner willing to do anything it takes to win. Eventually that will show up on the field. Short-term I'm a little less optimistic. (Although I really like that we have 2 1sts next year.) I think this team won't be ready to compete until at least 2018 and even that would require a lot of things to go our way. McDermott I like some of what I've seen, and dislike some of what I've seen. I don't have an opinion yet. After the draft we just had I'm nervous about the rumors that we will be bringing over people from Carolina's front office. (Between 2014-2016 they traded away 13! draft picks to move up in the draft 6 times!) I personally don't think constantly trading up in the draft will be a recipe for long-term success. And I don't like that the rest of the front office (Russ, Overdorf, etc) are still here now that Whaley is gone.

Ultimately though whether it's with McDermott or whoever comes next, eventually the Pegulas will get it right. I'm confident about that.

The three people making the most important football decisions for this franchise have neither the acumen nor the background to be doing so and likely never will.

The Pegulas and Russ Brandon are probably a long term disaster for both of our sports franchises (although I'm not as hopeless for the Sabres).

McDermott has a legitimate chance to be a very good NFL coach but if he doesn't get a handle on the holier than thou, develop some humility and recognize that he's not always the smartest person in the room it's only a matter of time before it all blows up in hi face.

When it does we'll be right back to Duncan, Lady Macbeth and Wormtongue making football decisions that they are eminently unqualified to make.

Love it, ounce we get our franchise QB next year it's smooth sailing.

In McDermott we trust !

The three people making the most important football decisions for this franchise have neither the acumen nor the background to be doing so and likely never will.

The Pegulas and Russ Brandon are probably a long term disaster for both of our sports franchises (although I'm not as hopeless for the Sabres).

McDermott has a legitimate chance to be a very good NFL coach but if he doesn't get a handle on the holier than thou, develop some humility and recognize that he's not always the smartest person in the room it's only a matter of time before it all blows up in hi face.

When it does we'll be right back to Duncan, Lady Macbeth and Wormtongue making football decisions that they are eminently unqualified to make.

So his religion is keeping him from coaching properly ? Hasn't been a problem thus far.

And how is he not humble, state specific instances of his arrogance ?

For the first time since they ran Flutie out of town, I have faith that our team is moving in the right direction. Some have an issue with the timing, but I figure the best time to fix a mistake is as soon as possible after you recognize it. My one complaint would be that they waited so long.

I'm not making any bold prediction, but is it possible Russ Brandons days could be numbered?

Distrust.

Pegula fell hard for Rex and let him run the show immediately (with Brandon involved).

Now McDermott is running everything.

He speaks in cliches just like Jauron and Marrone used to.

Also you have to look at time frame. We are going to stink for at least two more years. By then Kyle Williams will be gone, Glenn will about 30, McCoy will be 30-31, and Watkins may or may not be here.

Going on our 3rd year with Tyrod.

I'm not making any bold prediction, but is it possible Russ Brandons days could be numbered?

I sure hope so, but that's one tick that's going ot be hard to twist without leaving its head stuck in there.

Holier than thou is a figure of speech that I do not equate with his religious beliefs.

OK...I feel I need to say something here

I liked Doug Whaley.....I think they better come up with a real plan on replacing this talent evaluation group

but i dont get a "holier then now" vibe from McD......that would would be something I hear from Rex when he talks in that he thinks he is the smartest person in the room

I feel like McD actually articulates himself very well when he speaks.....

Is he why Whaley is no longer here? I dont know. Maybe its just the same deal as it is most places in that McD wants people he is comfortable working with that share his vision.

One thing I NEVER liked about Doug...eventually it always seemed like he was at odds for some reason with the HC....maybe its because he isnt picking them.....once again I dont know

One thing I NEVER liked about Doug...eventually it always seemed like he was at odds for some reason with the HC....maybe its because he isnt picking them.....once again I dont know

I don't know where this nonsense comes from because it simply isn't true. I'm guessing it's another example of Sullivan and his hack friends trying to create news instead of reporting it.

Whaley worked very well with Rex. Whaley worked very well with McDermott. Whaley worked very well with every single person he ever worked beside in that building, except for one jackass. That was Doug Marrone and everybody in the organization hated his guts.

For the first time since they ran Flutie out of town, I have faith that our team is moving in the right direction. Some have an issue with the timing, but I figure the best time to fix a mistake is as soon as possible after you recognize it. My one complaint would be that they waited so long.

I dont know why they waited either. Usually 3 years with a possibility of more if warranted by seasons past. In this case it was more of the same. But thats the past. The future holds its own course.

Not sure. I like the Pegula's but a little too hands on if you ask me. If by all accounts that Doug Whaley didn't want Rex but Hue Jackson who knows where we would have been at. Unfortunately the Pegulas overruled him.

Simple as it states in the title. Do you like the way forward Bills Organization is moving?

Are you on the fence?

Im pretty thrilled thus far. I have my reservations about the abilities of some of the picks, however, Im reasonable and give the kids enough time to show me what they have or have not.

I feel as though for once in the last decade or so since Wade was here things could be moving in a way that would finally make our franchise relevant.

and how is this working out so far? He's paying a lot of money to former employees

The team just fired the GM and its entire scouting staff. This thread seems a bit premature. All we really know is that following the 2016 season, "something" needed to be done. The Bills did "something" with firing the coaching staff, the GM and the scouting staff.

They added a rookie HC.

That is "something".

I am glad the Bills are going in a different direction. That is a start. There is no actual evidence to know if the new direction is any better than the old direction.

The team just fired the GM and its entire scouting staff. This thread seems a bit premature. All we really know is that following the 2016 season, "something" needed to be done. The Bills did "something" with firing the coaching staff, the GM and the scouting staff.

They added a rookie HC.

That is "something".

I am glad the Bills are going in a different direction. That is a start. There is no actual evidence to know if the new direction is any better than the old direction.

Thank you. How can anyone 'guesstimate the future' with no GM and scouting department?

Too many newbs have turned this Board into Romper Room.

Thank you. How can anyone 'guesstimate the future' with no GM and scouting department?

Too many newbs have turned this Board into Romper Room.

They own 2 franchises....0 GMs and 1 coach

I like what's happening so far but fear things are happening in the wrong order.

Generally, you hire a GM and that person hires a coach that aligns with the teams approach and philosophy. But we already have a HC and are looking for a GM who aligns with the HC. Will that work? It might but this could also limit the number of potential candidates willing to come into this situation. On the other hand you can always fall back on the there's only 32 jobs like this out there.

Yesterday Pegula's said Whaley was being relieved of his duties but the fact is DW was relieved of those responsibilities long before being fired. McDermott has been running the FO and called the shots in the draft. So specifically what are the duties of the GM in this situation and who will be making the final decision on the 53 man roster? Please don't let me hear them say it will be a 'team' effort. If I'm a veteran GM or a high-potential candidate I would think twice on what I could be getting into here.

Other than the move up for Dawkins, which might have been unnecessary, the draft was good. NE took an OT who rates well with the 21st pick and it's not clear if anybody else was thinking OT in front of the Bills in the 3rd. Not much help for the defense as those extra picks traded away could have helped.

Love the extra 1st they got from KC and this season my second favorite team will be whoever the Chiefs are playing that week.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

The franchise desperately needs stability in the front office and coaching positions. We cannot keep brining people in and firing them within two years. Get a GM that works in concert with McD and let them work for a minimum of 5 years.

I like what I've seen thus far with McD, but now wonder how much you can trust his word given how he talked about how he worked so well with Doug. And I want to see whether he can actually manage game day decisions that a HC has to make.

I like what's happening so far but fear things are happening in the wrong order.

Generally, you hire a GM and that person hires a coach that aligns with the teams approach and philosophy. But we already have a HC and are looking for a GM who aligns with the HC. Will that work? It might but this could also limit the number of potential candidates willing to come into this situation. On the other hand you can always fall back on the there's only 32 jobs like this out there.

Yesterday Pegula's said Whaley was being relieved of his duties but the fact is DW was relieved of those responsibilities long before being fired. McDermott has been running the FO and called the shots in the draft. So specifically what are the duties of the GM in this situation and who will be making the final decision on the 53 man roster? Please don't let me hear them say it will be a 'team' effort. If I'm a veteran GM or a high-potential candidate I would think twice on what I could be getting into here.

Other than the move up for Dawkins, which might have been unnecessary, the draft was good. NE took an OT who rates well with the 21st pick and it's not clear if anybody else was thinking OT in front of the Bills in the 3rd. Not much help for the defense as those extra picks traded away could have helped.

Love the extra 1st they got from KC and this season my second favorite team will be whoever the Chiefs are playing that week.

I think McDermott's hiring is consistent with what they will look at from a GM. The only downside would be if the GM states he doesn't want McDerm but not sure if that will surface as an issue. McDermott looks like probably the best option out there this year. Hiring a GM with Rex still here would have been a bigger issue.

Distrust.

Pegula fell hard for Rex and let him run the show immediately (with Brandon involved).

Now McDermott is running everything.

He speaks in cliches just like Jauron and Marrone used to.

Also you have to look at time frame. We are going to stink for at least two more years. By then Kyle Williams will be gone, Glenn will about 30, McCoy will be 30-31, and Watkins may or may not be here.

Going on our 3rd year with Tyrod.

yep, 3 more years of suck. if the draft is only so-so, this thing will break records for suck

"suck for Sam" - 2017 season

I have a lot of faith in McDermott. This is his show now. If he is the guy we are going to be contenders pretty quickly. If he isn't the wheels will continue to spin.

they'll screw it up by hiring someone with the title "GM" (because no one good will come here without getting the GM title out of it) who then will think McD reports to him rather than the other way around. The whole thing is backwards.

This has nothing to do with being the smartest man in the room and everything to do with seeing what everyone else has seen for years.

Mcdermott was assertive in changing the narrative here, wouldn't call that trying to be the smartest man in the room. Especially considering the no playoffs in 17 years and being a team with one of the least amount of draft picks actually on the roster...

and how is this working out so far? He's paying a lot of money to former employees

Its working out really well. He isnt straddled with poor performing employees, he can fire them at any time because he has the money to do so. Edited by Bill_with_it

This has nothing to do with being the smartest man in the room and everything to do with seeing what everyone else has seen for years.

Mcdermott was assertive in changing the narrative here, wouldn't call that trying to be the smartest man in the room. Especially considering the no playoffs in 17 years and being a team with one of the least amount of draft picks actually on the roster...

Even if McDermott doesn't end up being the guy, he'll always hold a special place in my heart for forcing change. For the first time since 2005, our GM will come from outside the walls of OBD.

Are you on the fence?

+1 I wore by Bills hat proudly yesterday. I feel there is hope and we have turned the corner. Now we have a long way to go, but at least we aren't going the wrong way on a one way street anymore I feel.

Pegulas have lost me ..

They have yet to make a correct decision outside of firing their own mistakes

I'll believe in the bills future when I see the baby. Bottom line is I've been down this road over and over again. Every time I think we are moving forward the opposite turns out to be true.. So this time I am stuck in neutral about the future

I'll enter the season like always on an optimistic approach.. But I'd be lying if I said I feel good about the Pegulas as our owners right now

Pegulas have lost me ..

They have yet to make a correct decision outside of firing their own mistakes

I'll believe in the bills future when I see the baby. Bottom line is I've been down this road over and over again. Every time I think we are moving forward the opposite turns out to be true.. So this time I am stuck in neutral about the future

I'll enter the season like always on an optimistic approach.. But I'd be lying if I said I feel good about the Pegulas as our owners right now

Yea I have no faith in the Pegulas. I just think in McDermott they, ironically with Doug's help, may finally have stumbled across the right guy.