ESPN hires Rex Ryan

papazoid

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote Rex Ryan himself as he walked out the door in Buffalo:

I do not wish him good luck.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-on-the-buffalo-bills-i-dont-wish-them-luck/

That was a classless move on his part, and for all the talk about Rex being a player's coach he sure went out of his way a few times to blame the players for his failures.

What are the odds he bashes Buffalo any chance he gets?

everytime! lol heck let him. It'll be fun! I'm sick of watching the freaking US national sports media pitying on Bills. Honestly, you Bills fans need to get out of the freaking victim mentality "oh poor us, snow and never win Super Bowls". This bashing just might change your luck!

To quote Rex Ryan himself as he walked out the door in Buffalo:

I do not wish him good luck.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-on-the-buffalo-bills-i-dont-wish-them-luck/

as I recall that article came out right before the SB. I had been planning on watching the ESPN pregame with him on it until I read the article, now he just looks like more of a complete joke and a jackass, so I didn't. And I won't watch it this season either because he makes me ill. Edited by YoloinOhio

as I recall that article came out right before the SB. I had been planning on watching the ESPN pregame with him on it until I read the article, now he just looks like more of a complete joke and a jackass, so I didn't. And I won't watch it this season either because he makes me ill.

What if he brings Rob in to hold the mic?

A Defensive genius, right there....

That was a classless move on his part, and for all the talk about Rex being a player's coach he sure went out of his way a few times to blame the players for his failures.

This is Rex's (and his brother's) MO--blame others. Rex was happy to Idzik take the heat for his own poor work on the Jets.

Congratulations Rex!!

The guy has a great personality, I wish him the best.

Imo

Too bad his great personality got saddled with such a douchebag of a guy.

Something about hanging his coaching staff and players out to dry so he could see a Clemson game instead of finishing out the season, on top of the crap before the SB, on top of the wasted 2 years, on top of the constantly throwing others under the bus in a round about way really makes me want to see this son of a B word burn.

Edited by transient

I will make a prediction.

Rex will last exactly one year.

He won't like the neutering surgery that ESPN requires of it's so-called "opinionated" talent.

I'm convinced they gave Mike Ditka an actual lobotomy.

Now, you can yell and wear suits one size too small but you can't say anything "bad" about the NFL, it's teams or its players.

Edited by dpberr

He won't like the neutering surgery that ESPN requires of it's so-called "opinionated" talent.

Now, you can yell and wear suits one size too small but you can't say anything "bad" about the NFL, it's teams or its players.

he won't like the fact that they expect him to "work" and not hire 75 assistants to do his job.

Hmmm. I'm not so sure. Rex loves him some Rex on TV. He should be able to trash talk about teams and players, I can't see ESPN forbidding that. But he wouldn't be allowed to talk **** about the NFL of course, but I don't think has any particular axe to grind at that level. Bottom line, I think he will love the attention and people asking his opinion on camera, and I think with his personality he will be good at it. I expect he will be on TV somewhere for years to come.

I think Rex should become a college HC. Young players would love his personality, he will get a lot of high profile recruits just because of his name, and his defense will confuse a lot of younger non NFL QBs. He could become relevant and win some National Titles if he went down to coach college ball.

I think Rex should become a college HC. Young players would love his personality, he will get a lot of high profile recruits just because of his name, and his defense will confuse a lot of younger non NFL QBs. He could become relevant and win some National Titles if he went down to coach college ball.

Eesh,I'd disagree. He,and his personna/lack of discipline /lack of accountability would ruin some young men. His bluff would be called by Saban,Harbaugh,on and on....Enjoy your new job,Rex

Good news is that ESPN won't need to spend for a lobotomy for Rex.

You're joking, of course...