ESPN hires Rex Ryan

papazoid

I think Rex should become a college HC. Young players would love his personality, he will get a lot of high profile recruits just because of his name, and his defense will confuse a lot of younger non NFL QBs. He could become relevant and win some National Titles if he went down to coach college ball.

he could never be a college coach imo. With recruiting round the clock he could never handle the hours and commitment necessary to be a legit contender. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will make a prediction.

Rex will last exactly one year.

He won't like the neutering surgery that ESPN requires of it's so-called "opinionated" talent.

I'm convinced they gave Mike Ditka an actual lobotomy.

Now, you can yell and wear suits one size too small but you can't say anything "bad" about the NFL, it's teams or its players.

If they gave Rex a lobotomy, would anyone notice the difference ?

I'm disappointed by the anti-Rex sentiment here. He was a bad fit for our personnel but I can't fault him for taking the gig. I wish him nothing but the best.

All goodwill for the fatass went out the window after his exclusive interview with Manish Mehta after the season.

I'm disappointed by the anti-Rex sentiment here. He was a bad fit for our personnel but I can't fault him for taking the gig. I wish him nothing but the best.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic

All goodwill for the fatass went out the window after his exclusive interview with Manish Mehta after the season.

Yep. That interview just confirmed what several of us believed for a while - that RR is a lazy, egotistic bum who is entirely incompetent to be an NFL head coach

Yep. That interview just confirmed what several of us believed for a while - that RR is a lazy, egotistic bum who is entirely incompetent to be an NFL head coach

Moreover, he outed himself with that interview as a charlatan that attempted to dupe Buffalonians into believing that he "got" the area while he continuously publicly promoted his "I'm an everyman" schtick ad nauseam. Had he actually "gotten" the area he would have realized he didn't need to fuel his self promotion machine with empty playoff promises and hyperbole because, win or lose, Buffalo historically will forgive results for honest effort. IMO, he never gave the impression of having given his all, instead he urinated on the best shot at breaking the playoff drought in years, and his classless exit made it feel personal.

I hope he gets fatter and has a massive heart attack. I hate people who ruin things you love and he is one of them.

So he stole money and did whatever he wanted and yet you don't know why people hate him? Reports of him not showing up to meetings and not being prepared for game day... He can choke on a hotdog. Edited by Beef Jerky

There was so much more to the Rex fiasco....Discipline, time management, awful use of challenges etc.....bringing his brother....Rex was a clown and a blowhard who's football schemes were inadequate to today's game....he refused to adapt and got the boot...he never should have been hired in the 1st place and I'm glad the Pegs realized their error quickly.....

He will do well in TV where accountability is not necessarily needed and hot takes are welcomed...

Edited by Iron Maiden

Rex needed a team with 3-4 personnel and a team that drafts high IQ players. He did great when he inherited Eric Mangini's (Belichick disciple) players. Bills draft for size/speed/power. IQ is not one of the traits Bills focus on.

He took a job and refused to work hard in his role, put out a ****ty product, then trashed the place on the way out.

!@#$ him.

Rex needed a team with 3-4 personnel and a team that drafts high IQ players. He did great when he inherited Eric Mangini's (Belichick disciple) players. Bills draft for size/speed/power. IQ is not one of the traits Bills focus on.

The irony of Rex needing high IQ players!

Seriously though, a great defensive mind but way out of his depth as a head coach.

And his classless remarks in the Mehta piece were an unnecessary cheap shot. He literally can't stop himself.

No one looking objectively would blame Ryan for taking that sweetheart deal the Bills offered him. But some have to place the blame on someone when the team sucks. And it is generally easier for them to blame the head coach that is gone than to blame the current ownership and/or front office for not only hiring a coach like Ryan, but for giving him that embarrassing contract to boot.