Who the Bills will pick at 10

What position do the bills select with their 1st round pick?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What position do the bills select with their 1st round pick?

2. 2. Offense or defense in 1st

** This is based on who we interviewed**

** Not who I'd take at 10 with more available**

Whoever the Bills select will the #10 pick I can guarantee you 1 thing... It will be a player that the Bills interviewed

With the Tyrod Taylor restructure, I say we do not go QB at 10 so those prospects are out

So what prospects does that leave us with at the tenth overall pick?

Mike Williams- 6'3 225 LBs

The big, long, physical receiver is plenty gifted. While he doesn't possess top end speed or nuanced route running he excells at winning at the LOS and when the ball is in the air. Uncanny ability to win 50-50 balls

Jabril Peppers- 5'11 215

Michigan's Swiss army knife has played safety, linebacker, RB and returned punts and kicks for Michigan. But he projects as a in the box, blitzing SS at the NFL level.. while he doesn't possess great ball skills he sells his body out in the run willing to give his body up to keep gap contain

Solomon Thomas- 6'3 275LBs

The Stanford product is one of the most versatile and intriguing prospects in the draft.. if he had a bit more length he would easily project as a top 5 player.. Thomas is built very well with great thickness that will allow him to play in either 43 or 34 schemes.. he has an all day motor that doesn't quit and flashes all pro potential.. needs to work in leverage

I also believe we interviewed Sidney Jones. The long, rangy corner from Washington

At the end of the day I'm hoping we pull the trigger on Mike Williams or Solomon Thomas if available

Preferably Thomas who has all pro potential and I think will give us a young , fierce line that is versatile and punishes teams

Ughhh but we need a WR sooo bad!!

Williams or Corey Davis please!!

Edited by Buffalo716

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be excited about any of those guys.

I love that Taylor is coming back. Now, we can chill on the QB position (hopefully still take a high rounder, but at least wait until the 2nd). I'd actually love Peppers, since it feels like ages since the Bills had a dominating safety.

I love that Taylor is coming back. Now, we can chill on the QB position (hopefully still take a high rounder, but at least wait until the 2nd). I'd actually love Peppers, since it feels like ages since the Bills had a dominating safety.

how do you know he will be a dominating safety? He's barely played safety, and when he did in some packages he was underwhelming to mediocre against good talent.

I'm not trying to be snarky, moreso wondering why he's thought of as high end NFL safety prospect.

Edited by YoloinOhio

how do you know he will be a dominating safety? He's barely played safety, and when he did in some packages he was underwhelming to mediocre against good talent.

I'm not trying to be snarky, moreso wondering why he's thought of as high end NFL safety prospect.

Poorly written on my part - talking more about potential. I am the last person on this board who can speak w/ authority on college football prospects - but I like everything I've read about Peppers. And I like the idea of having a great safety just in general. It's an area we've really been lacking in.

Disagree that QB is out at 10.

So: Watson, Trubisky, Kizer, Mahomes, Davis, Williams, Foster, Lattimore, Hooker, or Adams would make sense.

Did not interview Kizer, Lattimore, hooker or adams yet

Whoever the Bills select will the #10 pick I can guarantee you 1 thing... It will be a player that the Bills interviewed

With the Tyrod Taylor restructure, I say we do not go QB at 10 so those prospects are out

So what prospects does that leave us with at the tenth overall pick?

Mike Williams- 6'3 225 LBs

The big, long, physical receiver is plenty gifted. While he doesn't possess top end speed or nuanced route running he excells at winning at the LOS and when the ball is in the air. Uncanny ability to win 50-50 balls

Jabril Peppers- 5'11 215

Michigan's Swiss army knife has played safety, linebacker, RB and returned punts and kicks for Michigan. But he projects as a in the box, blitzing SS at the NFL level.. while he doesn't possess great ball skills he sells his body out in the run willing to give his body up to keep gap contain

Solomon Thomas- 6'3 275LBs

The Stanford product is one of the most versatile and intriguing prospects in the draft.. if he had a bit more length he would easily project as a top 5 player.. Thomas is built very well with great thickness that will allow him to play in either 43 or 34 schemes.. he has an all day motor that doesn't quit and flashes all pro potential.. needs to work in leverage

I believe we also interviewed the long, tall CB from Washington, Sidney Jones

At the end of the day I'm hoping we pull the trigger on Mike Williams or Solomon Thomas if available

Preferably Thomas who has all pro potential and I think will give us a young , fierce line that is versatile and punishes teams

I don't think the Bills will draft a CB at ten, this is a DB rich draft. I'd say a WR is most likely, followed by a Safety or an LB such as Foster with a possible move down if a team gets antsy about one of these QBs. If they move down and grab a WR or S and pick up a 2nd rounder I'd look for a QB in the 2nd and a CB or LB. Most likely pick as of now would be Davis or Mike Williams .

I hope watson is still in play for us.

However,unless Adams or Hooker are there at 10; try like heck to trade down.

If not, I strongly consider taking Williams or Davis, if not the best DL on the board.

Watson was interviewed

Disagree that QB is out at 10.

So: Watson, Trubisky, Kizer, Mahomes, Davis, Williams, Foster, Lattimore, Hooker, or Adams would make sense.

Only QB I'd even consider at 10 would be Watson. Hooker in an instant if he was somehow still there. Davis or Williams yes. I'd take at look at Foster as this D needs an LB badly . He'd likely be the only LB worth a look there, otherwise move down .

Davis then Mahomes

or

Peppers then Mahomes

I don't think the Bills will draft a CB at ten, this is a DB rich draft. I'd say a WR is most likely, followed by a Safety or an LB such as Foster with a possible move down if a team gets antsy about one of these QBs. If they move down and grab a WR or S and pick up a 2nd rounder I'd look for a QB in the 2nd and a CB or LB. Most likely pick as of now would be Davis or Mike Williams .

For whatever it's worth, Mike Mayock's comparison for Reuben Foster is Luke Kuechley. Just sayin'.

If we take a DE in a 4-3, after drafting Lawson and re-signing Hughes, well then Whaley should be fired on the spot.

love these fire whaley on the spot posts, people throw them around for everything now. solomon might be bpa when we pick and right now we only have 2 de so id say he is a real possibility but i doubt he will be there. Can never have to many pass rushers

Were almost guaranteed to take a defensive player at 10, CB most likely.... Looks like were losing Brown, Alexander and Gilmore. My guess is that we take Washington CB Sidney Jones at 10 if we don't trade down.

definately think we are going defense. while it would be nice to get davis, williams, or howard we have playmakers on offense now that we cant get the ball to enough. Maybe more weapons will help or the new coaching staff but i think it will be another stud player that we are complaining about every week because they dont get enough touches

Lol

Man you hate peppers Yolo

I am actually hoping we draft him. In the 4th. To play offense and return kicks. Maybe I'll be wrong and he is a starting safety out of the gate. I'm just a casual observer of games. His coverage skills just are very raw imo, and it would scare me to put him out there vs NFL talent. A team with the luxury of taking a project may benefit.

I hope we trade back and gain another pick or two. Then draft a DB. Hope we go heavy on D.

I like Davis and Williams but with the free agent signings so far I don't think it's the direction of this team right now... Unfortunately.

Were almost guaranteed to take a defensive player at 10, CB most likely.... Looks like were losing Brown, Alexander and Gilmore. My guess is that we take Washington CB Sidney Jones at 10 if we don't trade down.

Theres my pick..

Regardless of TT staying our first pick should be: 1) Mahomes, 2) Watson, 3) Williams. End of story.

Go Bills!!;!;

A huge NO to a WR at ten who's had two neck surgeries following a broken neck! Also,people dont seem to realize that McD needs a WLB for this D. It's his most important piece,and should be addressed very early in the draft. And I say draft because we don't have the cash for that kind of skill player this year. I expect them to trade back,gain extra picks,and grab Cunningham or Reddick in the middle of the first

Lol

Man you hate peppers Yolo

He's not polished. Good returner but raw at everything else. 2nd rounder at best.

Okay, maybe the Raiders do something stupid.

Knowing DW he'll trade 2 1st rounders just to move up one spot to get a bust of a player like Sammy.

Cool post bro'