Stevie Johnson Released, Bring Him Back?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't get talked about a lot, but Whaley's best move might've been getting a third rounder for this dude. Shame he threw it away on Bryce Brown, but still.

Only a year before, Anquan Boldin was traded post playoff dominant run for a 6th rounder.

Edited by FireChan

It doesn't get talked about a lot, but Whaley's best move might've been getting a third rounder for this dude. Shame he threw it away on Bryce Brown, but still.

Only a year before, Anquan Boldin was traded post playoff dominant run for a 6th rounder.

It was a 4th and Boldin had a much bigger cap hit

Too True.. Whaleys willing to wheel and deal and I like that. Can't always hit a home run.

I was excited about Bryce Brown. Kid has fumblitus and a bad attitude from what reports suggest and what I've seen in games.

Mike Williams was a swing and miss too.

Baffles me how someone can have all the talent in the world and throw it away so easily.

It was a 4th and Boldin had a much bigger cap hit

I believe it was conditional and became a third?

Still, Stevie's cap hit was not insignificant, he was coming off an injured and frankly, bad year. To get more than a 6th was a steal.

And about to be replaced with another former Bills WR...

@4joshreed

Told that #Chargers are interested in #Bills WR Robert Woods. makes sense with ties to A-Lynn. Woods is great run blocker and went to USC

This pretty much has to happen, IMO

Stevie Johnson was one of my favorite players both on and off the field. How can you not root for the under dog? He was exciting to watch and made some big plays at a time that this offense was severely lacking excitement, explosive plays and overall talent. SJ made the Bills fun to watch.

Off the field Stevie was entertaining. Between his music, fashion, the funny youtube videos and any other interviews and interactions with the media, when he retires from football SJ will have a career in entertainment.

I wouldnt mind bringing him in at a low salary to COMPETE for the 3rd or 4th WR spot to see if he has anything left

I really liked him coming out of college and liked him while in Buffalo but I have to say too many drops and I don't think he has anything left to offer.

I'd rather have Woods back.

I agree with the last sentence of your post. At this point in their careers, I definitely prefer Robert Woods. I think he is a great WR that is severely underated and under utilized. Unfortunately I think he is gone because of what he will get on the open market.

And about to be replaced with another former Bills WR...

@4joshreed

Told that #Chargers are interested in #Bills WR Robert Woods. makes sense with ties to A-Lynn. Woods is great run blocker and went to USC

4joshreed was a contributing member of the BBMB who would share good, informative posts like the above tweet. I hope he finds his way over here to TBD? Or I wonder if he is already a member here?

Is this what bb.com was like?

For just about every player that was waived, cut, released there would be two or three "we should sign this player cause I have heard of him" threads... i am definitely going to miss that.

I always liked him, wouldn't hate it if he came back and the Bills sure could use help at WR

Is this a serious question? Not trying to mock you, but its a question that could go either way.

Stevie only produced at the end of blow out losses, disappeared when the games mattered, dropped passes when we needed them, and has since gone on to get worse and be a shell of himself that could barely muster 1000 yards a season despite being in a Chan offense that too stupid to run the ball and forced Fitz to throw us out of games.

On draft night, I liked the pick. He went on to exceed expectations and showed flashes of potential, but then he bascially peaked at being a mediocre WR instead of continuing to develop. SD is a WR needy team...SF was a WR needy team when he was there...they both felt he wasn't worth keeping around. His days of relevancy are likely done.

Please do not bring him back even though I wish him well.

I'm a tad bit confused at all the 'hell-no's' I've seen

A shell of his former self? Sure, but then again, don't we have the most pathetic WR corps in the league?

He'd be cheap. He loves the city and team and would definitely be a team player that's grown from his mistake of blaming God for his dropped TD (matter of fact he did that the very next week).

I'm not sure how the rest of you guys can 100% confidently say he's "done." A torn ACL at the start of this year as well as a season ending injury the year before that could just be straight up bad luck. Phillip Rivers said he was excited to work with him during the season all throughout OTAs and TC, but for naught.

My view on this is basically why-the-hell-not assuming he's cheap. It's not like we're going to add at least 3 more WRs or so, right?

With that said, I doubt he fits the Whaley mold anyway...something to do with spurning former Bills like Christie right?

Always liked and enjoyed him overall during his years here. Still I think the only Bill to have 1,000 yards receiving three years in a row.

I think he was a product though of Gailey & Fitz who just let him run his routes. He never really had success like that after 2012 and was injury prone. I do still like him but would pass.