Stevie Johnson Released, Bring Him Back?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he isn't done, he's not a great fit for a passing game that features Taylor.

His style of route-running and relative lack of speed doesn't mesh with Taylor's deep ball strength and relative failure to throw with anticipation.

Actually, he's a perfect fit. No one knows where Stevie is going to run his route, so anticipation is a moot point

Actually, he's a perfect fit. No one knows where Stevie is going to run his route, so anticipation is a moot point

I tend to agree with this. Tyrod is a "see it now throw it" QB, and obviously Stevie can create separation even without speed.

I'm not sure SJ has it anymore though, and obviously Stevie will never catch Tyrod's best ball: the 9-route....

I don't see Tyrod ever getting comfortable with Stevie, but again, I don't think it'll matter since I doubt he's got anything left in the tank.

I don't see Tyrod ever getting comfortable with Stevie, but again, I don't think it'll matter since I doubt he's got anything left in the tank.

Agreed. I was just making a joke about Stevie's "routes"

It was fun watching him shake Revis though. I liked Stevie while he was here, he bought in and cared.

Edited by SWATeam

i'm all about it. and it would be nice to not need to buy another jersey. i've been fortunate there were 2 guys #51 last name spikes. unless they decide to re-issue the bruce smith jerseys. plus i'm sure he's probably going to come cheaper.

As much as I've always had a soft spot for Stevie (outside of dropping easy TD's and exposing lame beaters). He was never truly a #1 WR for this team and it speaks volumes about our lack of talent during those years with Fitz. I'd do find it humorous that he and Brandon Marshall loved Fitz. Ironically id rather bring Fitz back as a bench warmer and player/coach then take the risk with Stevie. He should consider retirement. Too many injuries the past 2 years. No thanks.

As much as I've always had a soft spot for Stevie (outside of dropping easy TD's and exposing lame beaters). He was never truly a #1 WR for this team and it speaks volumes about our lack of talent during those years with Fitz. I'd do find it humorous that he and Brandon Marshall loved Fitz. Ironically id rather bring Fitz back as a bench warmer and player/coach then take the risk with Stevie. He should consider retirement. Too many injuries the past 2 years. No thanks.

I also loved Stevie. He brought some enjoyment to some pretty rough years. I think Marshall and Stevie liked Fitz because he forced the ball to them. Stevie would have been out of the league if not for Fitz. That said I also agree it's over for him. Heckuva story for a 7th rounder to scratch and claw what he did but I don't see him going anywhere next year.

If we can bring him in cheap, do it, Tyrod can't throw well so it doesn't matter who our WRs are. I'd rather have a veteran who has played with a number of QBs, then a rookie coming from a spread offense in college

Edited by uticaclub

Is this what bb.com was like?

Ding ding ding, You won!!

We have a fabulous prize awaiting your open arms but you'll need to PM me with your bank acct routing #, home address, cell phone #, a fax copy of your birth certificate, a copy of degrees attained collegiately, your blood type (and vial of said blood)....

Something I'm forgetting..

Oh yeah, your dignity.

Even if he isn't done, he's not a great fit for a passing game that features Taylor.

His style of route-running and relative lack of speed doesn't mesh with Taylor's deep ball strength and relative failure to throw with anticipation.

Actually i disagree. Stevie was so good because he got seperation from his route running ability. Tyrod will only throw if the reciever is wide open. So Stevies ability to get open would be a nice combo with Tyrod

Nah- it was all downhill for him after he started blaming God for his drops. Lack of responsibility. Lack of maturity.

We tended to value him a little higher than we ought have while he was here. Our #1 went to another team and had to fight for playing time.

I really liked him coming out of college and liked him while in Buffalo but I have to say too many drops and I don't think he has anything left to offer.

I'd rather have Woods back.

Ding ding ding, You won!!

We have a fabulous prize awaiting your open arms but you'll need to PM me with your bank acct routing #, home address, cell phone #, a fax copy of your birth certificate, a copy of degrees attained collegiately, your blood type (and vial of said blood)....

Something I'm forgetting..

Oh yeah, your dignity.

That's a strong "yes".

Stevie had a certain chemistry with Fitz and sometimes I thought it worked like this: Fitz threw the ball out there somewhere and let Stevie go get it. Stevie was good at that. He was never good at running designed routes.

Actually Stevie saw the entire field anticipating moves of DBs and found holes but it took a very smart QB to see everything Stevie saw and adjust. Fitz was good at that but his arm was not always capable of hitting where he saw Stevie going to be. It was a perfect match. I cannot see such match with Tyrod but if he was willing to sign an incentive based contract it is worth trying out with Bills in camp.

With his intensive exercise regimen, I'm sure he has a few years left

That would be my biggest concern - when athletes get older they need to treat their body as full time job.

This is what I remember. He was fun to watch, but it's easier to remember his botched plays. If he wants to suit up one day and retire a Bill, I'd be OK with that.

Edited by TheBows