Rex Ryan on his NFL future: "I'm tired of getting !@#&#036

YoloinOhio

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they absolutely did recognise it. I think they came very close to firing him.... ultimately they backed out of it. It was not acting that hurt them.

I think the Pegulas are the sort of bosses who identify problems/failure to meet expectations then give an employee every opportunity to turn things around. I think Rex told them a tale of not really the right personnel or "buy in" on D and maybe not enough coaches or the right coaches to really work with the players on D. I think the Pegulas response was to give Rex a blank check to hire whatever additional coaches and assistants he wanted and focus the draft on the exact defensive players he wanted.

I don't believe the "ultimatum" story, but I do believe there were changes the Pegulas wanted to see: a disciplined, well-prepared team that fights hard and competes to the end of every game, good game management by the coaches, no stupid penalties. And they, like the rest of us hapless fans watching the games, did not see these things, or at least not consistently.

Bye, Rex, don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord splitcha.

Very classless reaction by Rex. If he is being f***ed over, he is the one doing the f***ing.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

How do you know Rex was lying about Schwartz? He did say "That is the truth!". Yes, Ryan is a Douche, but don't think he's a liar. If I recall correctly, it did take about a week or two before Schwartz was out as the team's DC after Rex joined the team. Is Whaley so bad people don't want to play for him?????

How do you know Rex was lying about Schwartz? He did say "That is the truth!". Yes, Ryan is a Douche, but don't think he's a liar. If I recall correctly, it did take about a week or two before Schwartz was out as the team's DC after Rex joined the team. Is Whaley so bad people don't want to play for him?????

Even if he is telling the truth it should remain behind closed doors and was a douche thing to do to Schwartz.

In typical bombastic Rex Ryan fashion, he proceeds to burn bridges in a league which has a long memory. It is an utterly classless interview which points fingers at everyone but himself and his incompetent brother. IMHO, this act is worse than Marrone's. Marrone left but kept his mouth firmly shut. As he, and every other fired coach, should. Marrone got his chance again. Ryan is pretty much done. I never liked the hire and was happy he is gone. But now I am doubly so and wish no luck to him either.

Just read Jay Skurski's summation of the Daily News interview with Ryan. What a classless, senseless, irresponsible, obnoxious, pathetic ingrate.

Saying he doesn't wish the team luck (to me, shows you just how close this 'players' coach' really is to his players), blaming everyone else for his failure and taking zero responsibility, implying the Bills position was not a "realistic opportunity", suggesting he joined a team in disarray as he was "not real lucky coming in there with the situation" he did, and bragging about the additional 15 million the Bills have to pay him.

What a classless moron, the incompetent huckster fool he has defined himself as over the last 7-8 years.

Talk about burning your bridges. Stupid, classless, clown.

Reading this article proves that Rex and Mehta are in an alternate universe. Mehta starts by saying Rex got shafted. Then he says "even if it meant taking some of the blame for what went terribly wrong in Buffalo" So Rex has no responsibility for destroying the defense? Rex says the DC quit? No, you fired him. And it just goes downhill from there, as Mehta gives the most thorough ballwashing of Rex this side of Hochuli on Brady. Clearly Mehta simply decided to overlook the disorganization on both offense and defense (10 players on the deciding play of the season anyone?). Good riddance. I admit I was completely fooled by this clown and thought the Bills had pulled a coup by landing this guy, the biggest name FA coach in 2015. But in the immortal words of Chuck Dickerson, Rex Ryan was all talk and no ass.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Just read Jay Skurski's summation of the Daily News interview with Ryan. What a classless, senseless, irresponsible, obnoxious, pathetic ingrate.

Saying he doesn't wish the team luck (to me, shows you just how close this 'players' coach' really is to his players), blaming everyone else for his failure and taking zero responsibility, implying the Bills position was not a "realistic opportunity", suggesting he joined a team in disarray as he was "not real lucky coming in there with the situation" he did, and bragging about the additional 15 million the Bills have to pay him.

What a classless moron, the incompetent huckster fool he has defined himself as over the last 7-8 years.

LOL, he said EJ quit on the team before he got there.....is there something we don't know about? Or maybe he meant Orton...

LOL, he said EJ quit on the team before he got there.....is there something we don't know about? Or maybe he meant Orton...

He absolutely meant Orton and Marrone. He was wrong on Schwartz.

And folks, don't read the summary. Not if you're going to comment anyway. Read the original. It's not as if it was difficult to find. There was a link to it in the second line of Skurski's story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/rex-ryan-nfl-future-tired-f-ked-article-1.2960277?utm_content=bufferbaab0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

And he's probably right that he didn't have a fair chance. Why would you expect a new HC to do well in his first two years when in those first two years he has 0 first round picks play for him (no pick because of the Sammy trade and the injury of Lawson) and only one second-rounder (Darby, but not Ragland). The deck was stacked against him. That and the bizarre setup where both he and Whaley reported to the owners rather than having a clear hierarchy ... it was a hot mess in the making.

On the other hand, he surely contributed a lot to his situation, bringing in his brother who then changed the verbiage for the defense and caused problems, and generally bringing in a disorganized feel where the details tended to get away and things like constant too many men on the field penalties happened. So he shares responsibility.

But with the unavailability of his early picks, not too many coaches would've succeeded. I don't blame him for being frustrated after only being given a two year stretch. Don't care much what he thinks, though, either.

Edited by Thurman#1

He absolutely meant Orton and Marrone. He was wrong on Schwartz.

And folks, don't read the summary. Not if you're going to comment anyway. Read the original. It's not as if it was difficult to find. There was a link to it in the second line of Skurski's story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/rex-ryan-nfl-future-tired-f-ked-article-1.2960277?utm_content=bufferbaab0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

And he's probably right that he didn't have a fair chance. Why would you expect a new HC to do well in his first two years when in those first two years he has 0 first round picks play for him (no pick because of the Sammy trade and the injury of Lawson) and only one second-rounder (Darby, but not Ragland). The deck was stacked against him. That and the bizarre setup where both he and Whaley reported to the owners rather than having a clear hierarchy ... it was a hot mess in the making.

On the other hand, he surely contributed a lot to his situation, bringing in his brother who then changed the verbiage for the defense and caused problems, and generally bringing in a disorganized feel where the details tended to get away and things like constant too many men on the field penalties happened. So he shares responsibility.

But with the unavailability of his early picks, not too many coaches would've succeeded. I don't blame him for being frustrated after only being given a two year stretch. Don't care much what he thinks, though, either.

Rex's fatal flaw is that he had to win his way, as opposed to adapting to the personnel on hand. I think his hubris would have ultimately led him to failure next year or the year after that, even if the team had a better record. The Bills gave him everything he wanted. Signed players in FA that Rex liked. Drafted guys to fit Rex's scheme. Injuries happen to every team. He had a huge staff that the Pegula's paid for. Where is the player development? Where is the adapting the scheme? Where is the organization in his unit?

I think the right coaches might have succeeded. Rex has to look in the mirror.

Please find better things to get upset about.

Hes right. Deal with it!

Couldnt have said it better.

yeah but he said we would number one and go to the playoffs and brought in his star QB. I mean how could we fail after all, lol

This is news. Anyone with football sense knew we were headed down Schitt's Creek the moment this (*^*&%^$^#stepped into Buffalo. Such a bad situation, being handed a 9-7 team with a top 5 defense. Half a freaking brain and we'd still be top 10. But NOOOOO dumb ass Rex, the genius of D, drags us down into the 20's.

I give some credit to Rex for bringing in A Lynn and his effect on the offense, but typical Rex buffoon ball cost us a few games each year. He was, is, and always will be a bad football coach. I am very, very glad he was shown the door.

Greg Roman

no, more like tired of sucking

Delusional doesn't even begin to cut it.

You nailed this one

Reading this article proves that Rex and Mehta are in an alternate universe. Mehta starts by saying Rex got shafted. Then he says "even if it meant taking some of the blame for what went terribly wrong in Buffalo" So Rex has no responsibility for destroying the defense? Rex says the DC quit? No, you fired him. And it just goes downhill from there, as Mehta gives the most thorough ballwashing of Rex this side of Hochuli on Brady. Clearly Mehta simply decided to overlook the disorganization on both offense and defense (10 players on the deciding play of the season anyone?). Good riddance. I admit I was completely fooled by this clown and thought the Bills had pulled a coup by landing this guy, the biggest name FA coach in 2015. But in the immortal words of Chuck Dickerson, Rex Ryan was all talk and no ass.

figuratively speaking ;)

He quit because he didn't want to coach for Rex, IIRC. He would have needed to run a totally different defensive scheme and it would have been a dead end job if you're a DC and want to be a HC again.

It was pretty much a forgone conclusion that he was gone after Rex was hired.

Edited by vincec

Rex's fatal flaw is that he had to win his way, as opposed to adapting to the personnel on hand.

I think the right coaches might have succeeded. Rex has to look in the mirror.

Absolutely correct. Rather than looking in the mirror though, Rex should look in the rear view mirror. Buddy Ryan, defensive genius, was innovative and his defense evolved over time. He was ahead of the curve for a time because of this. Rex's unwillingness to adapt put him behind the curve.

no, he's just sore he had everything he wanted in a team but the QB and couldn't win. Look coming into this team, the questions were on the Offensive side of the ball, NOT DEFENSE. When he left, the O side wasn't the problem (in a manner of speaking - it was ranked what, 7th?), it was his DEFENSE and NOT because it was lacking talent. He is butt sore because HE FORKED HIMSELF IN THE BUTT.

It's really is pretty comical how dumb Mehta is and how much of a petulant child Rex is. Talking about Sammy's broken leg (as if the offense was the problem), Shaq and Ragland were injured (as if they would have made much of a difference). Saying he's not bitter but telling the Bills "F you guys" and not wishing them luck.

It's pathetic. I can't believe the Pegulas fell for his garbage. But I'm willing to chalk it up as a rookie mistake and move forward. We're on to 2017.