LA Chargers!

KDIGGZ

Skipping town and heading north to Los Angeles as per Adam Schefter. Announcement expected tomorrow

Adam Schefter Verified account ‏@AdamSchefter

A stunner: Chargers plan to announce as early as Thursday they are moving to LA, ending 55-year stint with SD, league sources tell ESPN.

LA-Chargers-new-logo.jpg Edited by kdiggz

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see the Chargers go, but it's a rare city that is financially better off with an NFL team. You can effectively build around an NBA, NHL, MLB or even a MLS team these days, but the short schedule and extremely limited cross purpose functions of an NFL stadium makes sure that any city backing an NFL team is doing it as a charitable act. I think there is some true value to having a local identity established by an NFL in the rare Buffalo's Green Bay's of the world....but that was never SD.

Props to the citizens of San Diego. You did not allow an NFL owner to use your hard earned money to finance a stadium for his profit. You are not defined by a football team, live in a great city, and will keep more of your money in your own pocket.

Despite what the NFL may want, LA can't support 1 team, 2 will be a disaster.

The demographics do not support the NFL. They'd have more success with bull fighting, and MMA.

They don't care. They just want an NFL West HQ.

I guarantee that they will move most if not all of their TV production out there once their new stadium is built.

This sucks for San Diego but for the hard core Chargers fans...at least the 2 cities are only a two hour drive apart. I imagine their fan base in LA will still have plenty of San Diego fans making the drive.

I live in LA and just don't see it. I think the vast majority will either have an immediate distaste for the LA Chargers or grow sick of it soon. Kind of like how a lot of us predicted not many Bills fans would really ever be committed to Toronto.

They don't care. They just want an NFL West HQ.

I guarantee that they will move most if not all of their TV production out there once their new stadium is built.

Yep.. Remember when the NFL considered rotating Superbowls to LA every couple years? That could still happen as well

I live in LA and just don't see it. I think the vast majority will either have an immediate distaste for the LA Chargers or grow sick of it soon. Kind of like how a lot of us predicted not many Bills fans would really ever be committed to Toronto.

C'mon there have to be a few surviving fans of the original LA Chargers.........the Particle Suns are now both back in LA.