Stephon Gilmore

dave mcbride

Provide some context as to why you believe otherwise.

He was shutdown-caliber against Brown today.

He's played very well in spite of the ridiculous lack of pressure by the front 7. QBs sit back there all day and he's still played very well.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry... he may have played well the last few weeks, but I still believe he's over-rated, and he's quit on plays.

Should we get rid of him? Probably not.

Watch other teams and other non-Bills cbs, knowing that the league tries to make cbs fail. Then reconsider.

Per sources close with him its expected Carolina gets him. Buffalo is still an option and he is not against it. He is not a fan of Rex. He misses Dennis Thurman.

Nopt surprsing. They've paid the price for letting Norman go, and Gilmore is flat out better than Norman.

Edited by dave mcbride

Watch other teams and other non-Bills cbs, knowing that the league tries to make cbs fail. Then reconsider.

Nopt surprsing. They've paid the price for letting Norman go, and Gilmore is flat out better than Norman.

I'll say one thing about this board- we've been incredibly spoiled with good corner play the last decade or so... I think there are many here that don't realize what it's like to watch a team with average to poor corners

I'll say one thing about this board- we've been incredibly spoiled with good corner play the last decade or so... I think there are many here that don't realize what it's like to watch a team with average to poor corners

We were spoiled with INDIVIDUAL PLAY over the years (Clements, Winfield, Darby (last year) etc) but NOT the actual CB/secondary as a team/unit over the last decade or so of complete failure.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

They might keep him since they will be letting TT go and have the room, but it is up to Gilmore who I think won't settle for anything less than top money to stay in Buffalo. I don't care either way.

maybe its my attitude after today, but i don't care either way.

next

He is good, but 14-15+? At that pay scale he needs to be Deion Sanders level, shutting down half the field, and he is not that.

not hardly

My my, how the tables turn.

He wanted AB, Rex let him have at it. Besides that one catch, did he let Brown have anything?

Nope. but he will be called for all the hand work next game. he has been called for it before. quite a bit actually

Darby had great coverage and just missed the breakup. Because Brown is amazing.

Gilmore has been playing eggcellent lately. But its contract time

We were spoiled with INDIVIDUAL PLAY over the years (Clements, Winfield, Darby (last year) etc) but NOT the actual CB/secondary as a team/unit.

Even as a unit they've rarely been poor. Add in McGee, Greer, and of course Gilmore to your list. When mckelvin is generally a low water mark for expected starting cbs across 15 years... you've been spoiled.

I guess we had that year with Florence, Leo and Aaron Williams (and Justin rogers) at cb... this place hated that. Think of that year when trashing Gilmore and saying we wouldn't lose a step with a cheap vet, Darby, Robey and Seymour.

maybe its my attitude after today, but i don't care either way.

next

not hardly

Nope. but he will be called for all the hand work next game. he has been called for it before. quite a bit actually

Darby had great coverage and just missed the breakup. Because Brown is amazing.

Gilmore has been playing eggcellent lately. But its contract time

If you tag him it's contract time again

Pick up E Berry or another real Saftey, and see how Gilmore and Darby look.

Or how Seymour might look eh ?

*Exactly.*

Excellent post.

I was considering this point by GG too

Even as a unit they've rarely been poor. Add in McGee, Greer, and of course Gilmore to your list. When mckelvin is generally a low water mark for expected starting cbs across 15 years... you've been spoiled.

I guess we had that year with Florence, Leo and Aaron Williams (and Justin rogers) at cb... this place hated that. Think of that year when trashing Gilmore and saying we wouldn't lose a step with a cheap vet, Darby, Robey and Seymour.

If you tag him it's contract time again

Lotso money and maybe an unhappy Gilmore ?

Yup. CB across NFL is generally pretty damn poor.

You could add RB to that conversation, too.

He has been very good for years Fact

Ahhh, not so fast. He was an underachieving first round pick for the first three years here. He has done well sometimes the last two years, but is still afraid to hit....might cost him big money....I understand. He is sort of like Dion Sanders in that regard, without the interceptions. Now, he has 5 this year......and counting...but, I don't think he had 5 his first 4 years. His body of work, then, is good recently, and was very average the first three years here. I would say he will get paid big....but, I would rather keep two or three other A players around and not spend the big bucks on one position. (Z Brown, for example...on a 1 year contract) The Bills have the most free agents in the league...and some will leave just because they don't want to be part of the fiasco that is the Buffalo Bills. the Bills are serving as the minor leagues for the rest of the NFL. (btw, McKelvin returns an int for a TD today....I can't recall Gilmore ever doing that in his 5 years here)

Fire all coaches, especially the trainers. Our number of injuries every year is sickening. Tag Gilmore, draft WR,S,RT. Cut Tyrod and try to re-sign him to a contract he deserves, sign a vet qb and let cardale comete in camp. I thought he looked good in preseason. We have a good team, it's just better when we run a 4-3, and have coaches that preach accountability. We have no discipline.

Ahhh, not so fast. He was an underachieving first round pick for the first three years here. He has done well sometimes the last two years, but is still afraid to hit....might cost him big money....I understand. He is sort of like Dion Sanders in that regard, without the interceptions. Now, he has 5 this year......and counting...but, I don't think he had 5 his first 4 years. His body of work, then, is good recently, and was very average the first three years here. I would say he will get paid big....but, I would rather keep two or three other A players around and not spend the big bucks on one position. (Z Brown, for example...on a 1 year contract) The Bills have the most free agents in the league...and some will leave just because they don't want to be part of the fiasco that is the Buffalo Bills. the Bills are serving as the minor leagues for the rest of the NFL. (btw, McKelvin returns an int for a TD today....I can't recall Gilmore ever doing that in his 5 years here)

He is a top end CB and has been for years. Sorry you never liked his draft response and hence quick to jump when he lets up a catch.

Fire all coaches, especially the trainers. Our number of injuries every year is sickening. Tag Gilmore, draft WR,S,RT. Cut Tyrod and try to re-sign him to a contract he deserves, sign a vet qb and let cardale comete in camp. I thought he looked good in preseason. We have a good team, it's just better when we run a 4-3, and have coaches that preach accountability. We have no discipline.

Which trainers would you like to hire to replace ours? Do you have any in mind? Let's find the best trainers and pay them whatever they want, don't be cheap Pegula!

The Bills have re-signed many of their own players. They are not a farm system. Not under Whaley.

He has played the best football of his career over the past four weeks. He is going to make a lot of money provided he stays healthy. The Bills need cbs desperately. Will they try to keep him?

nope.

He will want to go to a contender as any competitive athlete would. and he will get paid.

I must admit, i was super down on him, and he has 180d his game. Kid can ball

What do these teams do, lose football games? ;) Edited by Bill from NYC

nope.

He will want to go to a contender as any competitive athlete would. and he will get paid.

I must admit, i was super down on him, and he has 180d his game. Kid can ball

He's not in my doghouse anymore, but he's tethered to a leash that only allows him to go 10 yards away from it. It's really funny when he gets excited, runs full speed, forgets he's attached, and SNAP!

Bills keep him. Letting high draft picks walk is sometimes necessary. Bills need CBs and he is good. He has rebounded and improved in the second half of the season. The Bills have a pattern of drafting DBs in the tops 3 rounds, do not resign them and draft replacements. You have to keep your own.

• 2 weeks later...