Actors/Actresses you just can't watch...

LabattBlue

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What don't you like about her? I think she's phenomenal.

Ugh. Can't stand her. Maybe it's because they put her in movies in which I'm supposed to think she's attractive? Witch-face.

Kevin Costner.

Although he's been in a few great movies, I think his acting is absolutely horrible. Doesn't matter what role he's playing ... he's the same. Same demeanor. Same mannerisms. Same vocal expression.

He could be the same character finding himself in different situations. Brings down Al Capone, retires early to become a pro golfer until he chokes in the US Open, so he decides to be a bodyguard.

He's boring, emotionless and a schitty actor.

I know she is a highly regarded actress, but for years and years, I refused to go see anything with Meryl Streep in it...

Out of Africa

French Lieutenants Woman

Sophie's Choice

blah blah blah

I hated Meryl Streep forever, because I went to her college, where the entire drama department was geared towards teaching people to "act like Meryl Streep."

It took me a long while to realize that Meryl Streep isn't a bad actress. Everyone who tries to act like her is, because they're not Meryl Streep.

Kevin Costner.

Although he's been in a few great movies, I think his acting is absolutely horrible. Doesn't matter what role he's playing ... he's the same. Same demeanor. Same mannerisms. Same vocal expression.

He could be the same character finding himself in different situations. Brings down Al Capone, retires early to become a pro golfer until he chokes in the US Open, so he decides to be a bodyguard.

The ONLY movie I like Kevin Costner's acting in is Silverado. But that's primarily for two reasons: 1) It's a great ensemble cast, so he's not the focus of the movie, and 2) he plays an idiot, so it's not really much of a stretch for him.

Nicole Kidman, my gawd. From BMX bandits... even if she's interviewed, the fakeness, aghhh

Nicola's Cage, I've tried, but no more, no more.

Sean Penn. well I was a kid with a thing for Madonna. The whole 'alleged' assault back then.

I would have added Keanu, but thought John Wick was well suited for him.

Nicholas Cage

Dwayne Johnson

Vin Diesel

Melissa McCarthy

Will Smith is close, hopefully he doesnt ruin Suicide Squad for me. Last 10 years has been awful for him.

Needless to say I hate the Fast and Furious franchise. Can't believe they've made 8 or 9 or whatever.

Tom Cruise annoys me, but the guy has had quality sci-fi films the last few years and there just arent many of them made anymore.

Al Pacino from 1990 to the present day (except Glengarry Glen Ross but I think it was everything else about movie in spite of him).

And whoever the actor is that plays Littlefinger on Game of Thrones. He's horrible.

Edited by snafu

I know this is going to get some sharp comebacks - Will Ferrell

I hated him at first. Now I embrace his sillyness.

I get it,I like it, But I like many forms of comedy.

like " what we do in the shadows"

fantastic comedy in my opinion

Vin Diesel

agree

Nicholas Cage

Dwayne Johnson

Vin Diesel

Melissa McCarthy

Will Smith is close, hopefully he doesnt ruin Suicide Squad for me. Last 10 years has been awful for him.

Needless to say I hate the Fast and Furious franchise. Can't believe they've made 8 or 9 or whatever.

Tom Cruise annoys me, but the guy has had quality sci-fi films the last few years and there just arent many of them made anymore.

Cruise is a surprisingly good and very professional actor.

He ends up being underrated because personally, he's looney-tunes.

The ONLY movie I like Kevin Costner's acting in is Silverado. But that's primarily for two reasons: 1) It's a great ensemble cast, so he's not the focus of the movie, and 2) he plays an idiot, so it's not really much of a stretch for him.

I'll take schitt for this, but I really liked him in "For Love Of The Game" and "Tin Cup."

Oh, and absolutely can not watch anything with Barbra Streisand in it. Love to hear her sing. Everything else is chalkboard scratch.

The obvious one is Melissa McCarthy.

To an extent, anyone that comes out of SNL recently.

McCarthy has been hot garbage since Bridesmaids.

I'd like to add Colin Farrell and Amy Shumer to the list. Amazing Shumer gets paid for this stuff.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'll take schitt for this, but I really liked him in "For Love Of The Game" and "Tin Cup."

Oh, and absolutely can not watch anything with Barbra Streisand in it. Love to hear her sing. Everything else is chalkboard scratch.

Not much of a surprise. Didn't expect to find too many Yentl fans around here.

At the top of my list...Jim Carrey. I've never been able to watch more than a few minutes of any movie he has been in.

That's ashame...

Man on the Moon, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Truman Show...amazing movies.

Number 1 on my list Vince Vaughn. I CANNOT stand him... He plays the same character in all his movies and has an obsession with kissing people's foreheads. Just annoying.

Other actors/actresses I can't stand: Russell Brand, Ben Stiller, Ben Affleck, Jonah Hill, Kristen Stewart

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

well I was a kid with a thing for Madonna. .

Dude grrrrrrrrrrroooooooooossssssss.

But it reminds me that my choice for this topic is Maggie Gyllenhall. It's not that she's that bad.....even though she is......it's that she is type cast as pretty women which is far far from believable.

Kate Mara

how could you not like her. Just looking at her is amazing.

Kevin Costner.

its funny, a buddy of mine was recently bringing up about how cool it would be of Matt Damon's roles were all related.

Like he was a janitor in Good Will Hunting but moved out west, ended up becoming part of the government program in The Bourne series. Throw in a little Rounders and Talented Mr Ripley to top it off.

Anyway, sounded cool

But it reminds me that my choice for this topic is Maggie Gyllenhall. It's not that she's that bad.....even though she is......it's that she is type cast as pretty women which is far far from believable.

I don't know why, but I like Maggie Gyllenhall. There's a freaky side there that's intriguing

But I do agree that she is miscast as a beautiful woman too many times.

4 pages and no one has mentioned

Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller or Rob Schneider (sp?) ?

I think they weren't mentioned because they aren't credible enough. No one has ever taken any of those guys seriously.

how could you not like her. Just looking at her is amazing.

I agree. I've liked her since her days on Jack and Bobby.

I'm the best opposite of Hammersticks

I thought he was horrible in his early years. His roles were like bad SNL skits. It took me watching Anchorman about 5 times to really appreciate it, but that's it for his older stuff.

Talledega Nights and Step Brothers are absolute genius. I can't say the same for the sequel to Anchorman, it was unwatchable.

I watched Anchorman once and really didn't like it much and was told that you have to watch it multiple times.......Why would I want to subject myself to that. I don't even watch movies I like more than once in a ten year or so period.

I don't get it. She is not hot at all.

No I haven't. I watched some of Crazy Stupid Love and the combination of him and Steve Carrell made me hate them both. I have not seen Half Nelson, I don't think I have watched anything else of his.

I don't even know who you're talking about, but I hated Crazy Stupid Love and figured everybody did - and then I saw people that I respect their movie opinions liking it. I thought it was total garbage.

Mark Wahlberg

IMO, he acts the same in every movie

CBF

No Way Walberg is awesome, he definitely was different in the Shooter and Ted, he may not be the greatest actor but love his movies and the passion he plays in them.

Friggin hate Amy Schumer not funny and not a good actor.

omg.....cant believe I didnt list this one sooner.

Jennifer Lopez

CBF

the booty makes up for it though

The obvious one is Melissa McCarthy.

To an extent, anyone that comes out of SNL recently.

What!? Melissa is great and super funny

George Clooney

Julia Roberts

Yes Clooney sux, all his movies suck

I know this is going to get some sharp comebacks - Will Ferrell

He has been awful in everything since Old School, IMO.

I'm fine with Ferrell when he's not the main character, just like in Old School.

I cannot take 90 minutes of only him in a movie.

Shia LaBeouf. The only exception is Holes, when he was a kid.

His role in "Tropic Thunder" may be some of his best stuff.

tropicnosedance.gif

Agreed. I love Tropic Thunder and Cruise's character kills me every single time.

Couldn't agree more. Awesome movie. Awesome character.

the booty makes up for it though

What!? Melissa is great and super funny

Yes Clooney sux, all his movies suck

Can't deny that booty.

Clooney alternatives good movies and bad movies. Ocean's 11 redeems a lot of suck.

McCarthy is like Chris Farley. Good for one movie, but the same gag gets old. She's played the same character since Gilmore Girls.