Do you agree w/Skurski that it's time for McCoy to talk?

Is Shady supposed to talk with a writer (Bucky) from the newspaper who took the position that he should be cut before Bucky/TBN knew all the facts?

Edited by Peter

As a Bills fan....the quicker this goes away, the better. I'd run with the 'my lawyer advised me not to talk about that matter' line until everyone gave up. Once football starts, it won't matter anymore.

Not saying that's right... but that's the best play for the team.

Skurski asserts that the Bills should have already made McCoy available to the media by now so he can address the bar brawl, and apologize. He is critical of the fact that McCoy has said nothing thus far. Thoughts?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/04/jay-skurskis-3-bills-thoughts-time-lesean-mccoy-talk/

Apologize for what?? I think Jay needs to earn his money as a sports writer and write about sports!! If he's looking for a sideshow, then go follow Donald Trump.

IMO, McCoy isn't very media savvy and the Bills are aware of that. So I doubt they want to proactively prop him up to the press as I think it's a potential disaster. I don't think he needs to "apologize" and I'm thinking his lawyer has told him not to say anything about the incident.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The press' entitlement mentality is unreasonable and pathetic. McCoy owes no one anything and would be wise to keep his mouth shut and let this thing die a natural death.

Agree 100%.

Since when is a human being required to publicly address his/her history?

We have no innate right to Shady's side of the story. And I think it's smart of him to move on.

1) The PA Attorney General still is reviewing the case. A fact Skurski leaves out of his mention

2) The Buffalo News is quickly becoming to the Bills what The Star is to alien babies and Bradgelina ..

Edited by JoeF

Nah. Shady doesn't owe anybody anything. There was an incident, a subsequent investigation and a decision not to press charges. Why should he now have to open himself up to trial by buffalo media? Every question he answers will be followed by a tougher question. Most if not all of those !@#$s base their questions on their own opinions of the matter. Whether those opinions are formed through evidence or ignorance they want to break the man down and I don't think he should subject himself to their bull ****.

Personally I don't give a !@#$ what happened, I just want 1800 yars and 12 scores from the guy.

Edited by NorCalBillsSabres

The press' entitlement mentality is unreasonable and pathetic. McCoy owes no one anything and would be wise to keep his mouth shut and let this thing die a natural death.

Agree 100%.

Since when is a human being required to publicly address his/her history?

We have no innate right to Shady's side of the story. And I think it's smart of him to move on.

Nah. Shady doesn't owe anybody anything. There was an incident, a subsequent investigation and a decision not to press charges. Why should he now have to open himself up to trial by buffalo media? Every question he answers will be followed by a tougher question. Most if not all of those !@#$s base their questions on their own opinions of the matter. Whether those opinions are formed through evidence or ignorance they want to break the man down and I don't think he should subject himself to their bull ****.

Personally I don't give a !@#$ what happened, I just want 1800 yars and 12 scores from the guy.

Nobody's saying McCoy owes the media anything.

The article says the Bills owe the media McCoy. Which is infinitely stupider.

1) The PA Attorney General still is reviewing the case. A fact Skurski leaves out of his mention

2) The Buffalo News is quickly becoming to the Bills what The Star is to alien babies and Bradgelina ..

That is an insult to The Star. They at least look for fiction writers unlike Buffalo News which hires "Journalism" majors.

Has Skurski ever apologized for his mistakes in Buffalo News?

lol !

As mentioned above more than once. LeSean needs to stfu for the rest of his career and ball.

No more drama please, unless it is about his charity or something positive

Edited by 3rdand12

shady is NOT out of the woods on this yet...

the state of PA Attorney General is still reviewing it and the commissioner of the NFL hasn't weighed in yet with a final determination.

keep your mouth shut shady.

I think it is time for McCoy to (and forever more) keep his mouth shut

Just play football Shady

Sorry John but you are Wrong on this one ... Shady can speak as long as he wants ......I just want excellent RB play and he supplied this in spades with a hurt leg. We haven't had a good RB like this since we chased BEAST-MODE out of town for freaking peanuts . who need to STFU and report just facts is the buffalo news and all of their useless commentary

Edited by liverpoolkev

Sorry John but you are Wrong on this one ... Shady can speak as long as he wants ......I just want excellent RB play and he supplied this in spades with a hurt leg. We haven't had a good RB like this since we chased BEAST-MODE out of town for freaking peanuts . who need to STFU and report just facts is the buffalo news and all of their useless commentary

Maybe he should just be quiet ?

keep out of trouble and stay out of any spotlights. The Philly game comes to mind

As others have said, the case is still being investigated (yeah, right, they're allowing it to die a quiet death), so Shady won't speak about it on advice from his lawyer(s) at the least. Beyond that, why should he speak to the media about a case where he was coming to the defense of a friend against what appear to be "shady" cops? Just because some moron with a cell phone took a video, sold it to TMZ, and made the case far bigger than it should have been?

Skurski asserts that the Bills should have already made McCoy available to the media by now so he can address the bar brawl, and apologize. He is critical of the fact that McCoy has said nothing thus far. Thoughts?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/04/jay-skurskis-3-bills-thoughts-time-lesean-mccoy-talk/

Don't care to hear some non-sincere apology and rehash an old story, Time to move on Jay

Has Skurski ever apologized for his mistakes in Buffalo News?

:worthy::thumbsup:

i don't think there is anything to talk about. Charges haven't been pressed and the public at large probably won't ever know who was at fault. At this point better to treat it as if it never happened.

Last I heard, McCoy's incident is still under active review by the PA State Attorney General's Office. Given that, I would expect that McCoy's lawyer would advise him to STFU and if McCoy were made available to the media, his repetitive answer to any questions should be "Guys, the case is still under active review, I know you want me to, but I really can't comment at this time on advice of counsel."

How do they want him to address it? "I'm sorry I was at a bar at 2 am and sheet went down and the press went Bugf*ck reporting it" would surely be taken as failing to own responsibility. "I made a mistake and assaulted an officer and I'm deeply sorry for the injuries the officers suffered and the negative publicity for the team" would surely be taken as acknowledging responsibility and could have legal repercussions for McCoy.

Considering it's been over a month since the AG's office was going to look at the case, it's safe to assume it's dead.

No, it's not safe to assume it's dead. Assume nothing. The Philly FOP has a bug up its arse about this and they will hang on like a pitbull on a beef knuckle.

And once every avenue to make it a criminal case has been exhausted, there still exists the chance of civil suit, where the standard of proof is "preponderance of evidence" not "beyond reasonable doubt"

McCoy should be nice about it, but he has every right to serve his own self-interest and keep silent here.

Last I heard, McCoy's incident is still under active review by the PA State Attorney General's Office. Given that, I would expect that McCoy's lawyer would advise him to STFU and if McCoy were made available to the media, his repetitive answer to any questions should be "Guys, the case is still under active review, I know you want me to, but I really can't comment at this time on advice of counsel."

How do they want him to address it? "I'm sorry I was at a bar at 2 am and sheet went down and the press went Bugf*ck reporting it" would surely be taken as failing to own responsibility. "I made a mistake and assaulted an officer and I'm deeply sorry for the injuries the officers suffered and the negative publicity for the team" would surely be taken as acknowledging responsibility and could have legal repercussions for McCoy.

Oh, I know the Philly PD is pissed. Too bad though. After over a month under AG review and after 4 months since it happened, and still nothing, I won't assume, I'll say it's dead. At least from a criminal standpoint. Whether the officers proceed with a civil trial is anyone's guess, but they have no evidence to prove that Shady caused their injuries. Because if it did, he'd have been charged well before now.