What happens in '16 if Sammy Watkins goes down

Estro

Last year I remember how anemic our offense looked when Sammy Watkins went down for a couple of weeks.

Luckily we had Percy for part of it, before he eventually went down to injury. Now, without Percy or Hogan, I think the Bills would be wise to snag a WR early in this draft if one the Bills value is available. Josh Doctson should be in consideration for the Bills at #19, IMO. He goes up and gets the football like no one else in this draft. He has that attack the football mentality and get it at its highest point, much like Deandre Hopkins had coming out of Clemson, which I love.

Another guy I absolutely love is Sterling Shepard. He actually reminds me some of Percy Harvin. He would be a terrific slot WR, and I think he can even play on the outside as a #2 like Percy did. Not sure the Bills would consider Shepard at #19, but I don't think he'll be on the board when we pick in round 2..........so a trade down intrigues me.

If we come away with Doctson or Shepard I think our offense can really take a big step forward.

Tears will be shed.

I do think we take a WR in this draft, and maybe earlier than some expect. Trading back a bit might help get that done.....but you always need that team who falls in love with a guy in your slot.

If the point is to insinuate that we need to take a stud WR in the draft, then I see your point and agree. We need a burner like Harvin as our offense was a lot difference with two out there.

If the point is, WTF, shouldn't Rex being our coach be enough to worry about?

What if the entire Bills team gets food poisoning from bad oysters the night before the Super Bowl?

Highly unlikely, as they'll be spread all over the country getting ready to catch the game on TV. What are the odds of that???!!!

Well we're a run first offense, we have an excellent TE and we'll have Woods and some guys that can get open.

We'll draft another WR in the first 4 rounds, get some UDFA's in, Hankerson and Boykin are both 6'2 and Dez is 6'4. Those guys will get a lot of reps with Tyrod as well and someone will emerge as a solid #3. Its not like we have Chan's offense where we needed a dozen wideouts.

I expect the continuity of the offensive line to make a huge difference this season, Miller isn't a baby anymore, Glenn Richie and Wood can all kick ass. Tyrod and Roman are sophomores here, Shady, Karlos and Touchdown Mike all primed for a solid season.

Not worried about WR's or TE's. Only Tyrod's durability and ability to continually improve and see the field.

Clay has 1700 yds receiving, Shady runs for 2000 yds and breaks the TD record with34 TDs. The Bills offence is heralded as one of the best of all time as Tyrod takes home the league and SB MVP.

Maybe we should start a topic on what happens if this doesn't happen

Last year I remember how anemic our offense looked when Sammy Watkins went down for a couple of weeks.

Luckily we had Percy for part of it, before he eventually went down to injury. Now, without Percy or Hogan, I think the Bills would be wise to snag a WR early in this draft if one the Bills value is available. Josh Doctson should be in consideration for the Bills at #19, IMO. He goes up and gets the football like no one else in this draft. He has that attack the football mentality and get it at its highest point, much like Deandre Hopkins had coming out of Clemson, which I love.

Another guy I absolutely love is Sterling Shepard. He actually reminds me some of Percy Harvin. He would be a terrific slot WR, and I think he can even play on the outside as a #2 like Percy did. Not sure the Bills would consider Shepard at #19, but I don't think he'll be on the board when we pick in round 2..........so a trade down intrigues me.

If we come away with Doctson or Shepard I think our offense can really take a big step forward.

the new rookie will step up.

Why does Robert Woods never make it into the conversation . . .

jag

What happens if the moon is out in the day and the sun at night? :blink:

Armageddon

Another guy who Greg Cosell of NFL Films really likes:

Malcolm Mitchell, WR, Georgia

Probably could be had in the 3rd-4th round. Very interesting prospect who has a lot of YAC potential.

ok, never seeing this kid play or knowing anything about him, after watching that video I'm 100% convinced he's going to be a RB in the league. At least he'd be a better back than a receiver.

At the start of the video I thought he looked as skinny as Glass Goodwin. About as tall too. But after reading multiple sites it says he is anywhere from 6'-6'1. If agree with 6' and I'd be pretty sure he was in his toes for that measurement.

At the end of the day he looks like he's got pretty good hands but he's not good enough to be a WR in the league. But he's got all the possibilities of becoming a descent back I think. At 6' 198 he's got good size for a RB. And watching him play he looks like he thrives on contact. Could be a Kevin Faulk type of back at worst.

Just my opinion.

Well we're a run first offense, we have an excellent TE and we'll have Woods and some guys that can get open.

We'll draft another WR in the first 4 rounds, get some UDFA's in, Hankerson and Boykin are both 6'2 and Dez is 6'4. Those guys will get a lot of reps with Tyrod as well and someone will emerge as a solid #3. Its not like we have Chan's offense where we needed a dozen wideouts.

I expect the continuity of the offensive line to make a huge difference this season, Miller isn't a baby anymore, Glenn Richie and Wood can all kick ass. Tyrod and Roman are sophomores here, Shady, Karlos and Touchdown Mike all primed for a solid season.

Not worried about WR's or TE's. Only Tyrod's durability and ability to continually improve and see the field.

But....what if they all get hurt? What then?

How many run first offense teams go anywhere anymore?

We were #1 in the league in rush percentage in 2015.... teams ranking 2nd-6th all made the post-season. The top 4 of those all rushed over 50% of their offensive snaps.

I get that it is a passing league. But unless you have Tom Brady or the pre-breakdown Peyton Manning throwing every snap is not a recipe for success. You still have to run the ball well or at the very least have the threat of the run.

Why does Robert Woods never make it into the conversation . . .

Uhhhh, maybe because he's averaged only 600 yards and fewer than 4 TDs per season in three seasons while averaging only 12 ypr and cannot even be considered a bona fide starter.

Why do you think? Sounds as if you think a WR like that can carry a team otherwise. Do you think that's true?

Objective football fans realize that Woods, in an era where passing is made easy, is putting up #3 numbers tops.

We absolutely need to draft a WR in round 1/2 that excels in catching passes where Taylor puts them. Watkins can fly, we've had enough flyers over the years, 90-some percent of passes, particularly Brady's, are of the short, not deep, variety.