McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

it doesn't matter, he killed a cop, that gives Goodell the right to break one of Shady's legs before the season...

Not only that, but the cop was in uniform, helping an old lady cross the street on her way to church while simultaneously rescuing her cat from a tree.

BANHAMMER!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we to take this as the off duty Po-Po being at fault for the incident?

Negative. We are to take this as Shady's high-price lawyer's investigators dug up enough cr*p on the off duty officers and witnesses willing to say that it started with them that the DA threw up his hands and said "doesn't matter how it ended,

Yeah, it was pretty interesting that we only heard their side of the sorry. Just a couple of innocent guys being assaulted by some thugs was the narrative we were told. The reality is everyone in the situation was wrong.

as a Freudian slip I love this one. "Their side of the "sorry" LOL!"

no way I can win this, boys"

@viccarucci

Source close to LeSean McCoy doesn't expect #Bills RB to be charged in nightclub brawl, but that someone w him during the incident could be.

I told you Shady attended Chris Carter's symposium on the need to travel with fall guys.

Negative. We are to take this as Shady's high-price lawyer's investigators dug up enough cr*p on the off duty officers and witnesses willing to say that it started with them that the DA threw up his hands and said "doesn't matter how it ended,

as a Freudian slip I love this one. "Their side of the "sorry" LOL!"

no way I can win this, boys"

Ha ha, I usually post on this stupid phone. It happens way too often.

Charged or not charged, that was still a punk move to take a swing at someone from behind like that. He wasn't the instigator or main culprit but I still expect at least a 1 game suspension and deservedly so

Good lord, I hope you're not in a position in which you have to make important decisions.

Video of him taking a swing at someone from behind that was already getting stomped on. You think that's ok? You stay classy San Diego

Wait, you could see what was going on on the ground well enough to know (a) what was going on and (b) that he was swinging at the person that you could identify as "getting stomped"?

You have much better eye sight than the rest of us...and for the record, no, running into a melee to throw a punch probably isn't the "classiest" thing to do, but if what he says is true (that his friend was being choked on the ground by a 250-lb man), then I can understand doing that in the heat of the moment. Doesn't mean it's okay, which is why he'll probably still get a seat for a game or two.

Couldn't listen, not sure I want to...got a Cliff Notes summary?

Wait, you could see what was going on on the ground well enough to know (a) what was going on and (b) that he was swinging at the person that you could identify as "getting stomped"?

You have much better eye sight than the rest of us...and for the record, no, running into a melee to throw a punch probably isn't the "classiest" thing to do, but if what he says is true (that his friend was being choked on the ground by a 250-lb man), then I can understand doing that in the heat of the moment. Doesn't mean it's okay, which is why he'll probably still get a seat for a game or two.

To be truthful, while it's clearly McCoy's face at the end of the video, and while TMZ "chings" and identifies a man they assert is Shady taking a swing, I can't even tell who is the same person as the video progresses to be certain the guy taking a swing belongs to the face of McCoy you see at the end. Can you, for reals? I would have to see the video in slowmo and maybe enhanced, which perhaps was done....It wouldn't surprise me though, if part of what resulted in the apparently definitive conclusion McCoy would not be charged, was McCoy bringing in the clothes he was wearing and witness statements that these were the clothes he was wearing, and there not being a match - "if the boxers don't fit, you must acquit"????? - or otherwise being able to make a convincing argument that he's not the guy swinging down into the pile in that video. Just what was in that red man-purse?

I don't know that, and I'm not defending McCoy as not punching down into the pile, just pointing out a lot of the indignation seems to rest around TMZ ID of McCoy as the puncher in that video, which allegedly stems from police ID of McCoy in that video. Since the initial police statements also identified former Chargers RB Curtis Brinkley as the First Brawler. Brinkley says he is innocent and is not identified by the BigTrial story as one of McCoy's party that night. So perhaps the initial ID'ing of McCoy is less reliable than one would like, in the video as well - unless you guys are able to really watch the video and clearly trace back from McCoy's face to the guy who throws the punch.

Even if it is, though, there's a long step between throwing a punch at a bar and "felony aggravated assault" or even "simple assault". Expect McCoy and his lawyers and the NFLPA to make a strong case about equitable punishment if McCoy is suspended 1-2 games for simply showing up in a bar video and taking a swing, with no charges filed.

Edited by Hopeful

Charged or not charged, that was still a punk move to take a swing at someone from behind like that. He wasn't the instigator or main culprit but I still expect at least a 1 game suspension and deservedly so

Seems to me there was a lot of punk moves going on.....starting with a off duty gun wearing drunken cop who thought he had the right to take something without asking

Followed by choke slamming a person 50 pounds lighter then him

Oh wait.....we live in a world where we are actually duelists......we take 10 paces....turn....and fire.....all by the rules

@viccarucci

Source close to LeSean McCoy doesn't expect #Bills RB to be charged in nightclub brawl, but that someone w him during the incident could be.

Not so fast, Bills fans. DA's office says report McCoy won't be charged "utterly wrong"

http://13wham.com/news/top-stories/da-reports-mccoy-wont-be-charged-utterly-wrong

Edited by Hopeful

If his friend is being choked on the ground (doubt it) then pull the guy off. My friend was in a fight in high school and it was a disagreement between 2 parties that they tried to settle like men. That's fine. 1 on 1. But it was the other 4 guys stomping and hitting him from behind that put him in the hospital. So I'm a little biased against punks that have nothing to do with the disagreement flying in and throwing punches from behind. Cowardly thing to do. Have some class. There's no way Shady was in the right no matter the story. I don't believe either side is innocent but people getting stomped and punched from multiple directions is never ok and if you take part in that kind of stuff you deserve a suspension.

Hope Karlos is ready week 1!

If Shady only slugged, he might come out OK.

From what I can tell, the person(s) facing the most trouble are ones who kicked a man laying on the deck, and/or anyone who may have used a bottle as a weapon. That exceeds self-defense bar room brawl.

A beer bottle can do some damage. A champagne bottle does damage+. Champagne bottles are super thick glass to contain the pressure.

The real person of interest here may not be Shady.

Edited by boater

If his friend is being choked on the ground (doubt it) then pull the guy off. My friend was in a fight in high school and it was a disagreement between 2 parties that they tried to settle like men. That's fine. 1 on 1. But it was the other 4 guys stomping and hitting him from behind that put him in the hospital. So I'm a little biased against punks that have nothing to do with the disagreement flying in and throwing punches from behind. Cowardly thing to do. Have some class. There's no way Shady was in the right no matter the story. I don't believe either side is innocent but people getting stomped and punched from multiple directions is never ok and if you take part in that kind of stuff you deserve a suspension.

Hope Karlos is ready week 1!

First off, I'm not sure why you doubt the story that Shady's side is telling when a very, very detailed account of the night was published (and according to the article, corroborated by witnesses).

http://www.bigtrial.net/2016/02/why-shady-may-walk.html#more

Secondly, this oh-so-similar fight that occurred in school is incredibly different than a drunken bar brawl at 2 a.m.

Thirdly, again, how can you possibly assert that there are 4 guys stomping one from that video. it's a half-obscured cell phone video in which you can't see anything.

Throw your bias out the window a second and answer this: suppose the account that was published (with the ODPO starting it by threatening McCoy's friend, grabbing him by the throat, and slamming him to the ground) is accurate. Is McCoy a "punk" because he emotionally jumps in to help his friend? Is he a punk when he (according to witnesses) goes outside after the ODPOs were tossed from the club (and he and 3/4 of his crew weren't) to tell the non-combative officer to come get his fellow officer?

I think you may need to consider that you don't actually know what happened, and that your (admitted) bias is driving your vitriol on this one.

Couldn't listen, not sure I want to...got a Cliff Notes summary?

To be truthful, while it's clearly McCoy's face at the end of the video, and while TMZ "chings" and identifies a man they assert is Shady taking a swing, I can't even tell who is the same person as the video progresses to be certain the guy taking a swing belongs to the face of McCoy you see at the end. Can you, for reals? I would have to see the video in slowmo and maybe enhanced, which perhaps was done....It wouldn't surprise me though, if part of what resulted in the apparently definitive conclusion McCoy would not be charged, was McCoy bringing in the clothes he was wearing and witness statements that these were the clothes he was wearing, and there not being a match - "if the boxers don't fit, you must acquit"????? - or otherwise being able to make a convincing argument that he's not the guy swinging down into the pile in that video. Just what was in that red man-purse?

I don't know that, and I'm not defending McCoy as not punching down into the pile, just pointing out a lot of the indignation seems to rest around TMZ ID of McCoy as the puncher in that video, which allegedly stems from police ID of McCoy in that video. Since the initial police statements also identified former Chargers RB Curtis Brinkley as the First Brawler. Brinkley says he is innocent and is not identified by the BigTrial story as one of McCoy's party that night. So perhaps the initial ID'ing of McCoy is less reliable than one would like, in the video as well - unless you guys are able to really watch the video and clearly trace back from McCoy's face to the guy who throws the punch.

Even if it is, though, there's a long step between throwing a punch at a bar and "felony aggravated assault" or even "simple assault". Expect McCoy and his lawyers and the NFLPA to make a strong case about equitable punishment if McCoy is suspended 1-2 games for simply showing up in a bar video and taking a swing, with no charges filed.

yeah, some thing like that...can't get excited about a bar fight.. sorry. happens every night in a hundred places.. yeah I know RG must protect the shield, but...

wow, 119 pages of posts? new world record eball?

... Oh wait.....we live in a world where we are actually duelists......we take 10 paces....turn....and fire.....all by the rules

LoL! Marquess of Queensbury rules apply. I wonder if the cop slapped Shady's friend with a white glove first.