McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Rex Ryan's Bills. Sums it up pretty clearly. He has no control over any team which he coaches. Obviously, a stretch but someone else would have been a leader and prior to locker clean out reminded the players to not act like JAs in the offseason.

I guess the Bills just officially lost the Alonzo - McCoy trade.

This is Rex Ryan's Bills. Sums it up pretty clearly. He has no control over any team which he coaches. Obviously, a stretch but someone else would have been a leader and prior to locker clean out reminded the players to not act like JAs in the offseason.

I guess the Bills just officially lost the Alonzo - McCoy trade.

As far as the Eagles were concerned, they won as soon as they traded him and freed up all that cap money. Kiko was just gravy.

You are correct that the speed in which a warrant is issued doesn't reflect a strength or weakness of a case. And you are correct that in a high profile case there are going to be a lot of rumors swirling around the case and the courthouse. Certainly legal inferences can't be made by the speed in which a case is pursued and processed.

Finally!

Finally!

70% of the comments are so !@#$ing racist....we really havent progressed much from the 70s to now.....corporately yes....but mentally there are so many racist and closet racist waiting to pounce on the 1st black or latino that does something stupid but those same people wont pounce on a redneck who does something stupid. sometimes it makes me sad we cant get over the pigment of skin.....yes call him an idiot for putting his career in jeopardy. but calling him a monkey and all this other ****. wtf brah? so unnecessary...im done with this thread.

So a cop hired a lawyer to create a conflict of interest for McCoy and prevent him from hiring the best attorney?

Wow if that is any indication of things to come a settlement looks unlikely.

I doubt creating a 'conflict of interest' for McCoy was a factor in who the officers hired. It's possible the police officer is looking ahead to his civil suit and wants the best lawyer available for that - the lawyer is Fortunato Perri Jr (who is actually kind of amazing as a lawyer) and his quotes about how his clients may never recover from their horrible injuries strike me as having "civil suit forthcoming" written all over them. Or it's possible that the police officers have some skeletons of their own and feel the need for Grade A Legal Representation.

I think Shady has a good lawyer and Perri does not come into the criminal case unless charges are filed against the police officers, which is not supposed to happen, so not sure how this influences the criminal proceedings (I could be wrong and often am, but I don't believe one can "settle" a criminal case, one can negotiate a plea bargain to a lesser charge....)

The thing I found fascinating about that link was the bit about how the sources who provided the cell phone video asked to remain anonymous before providing their video to media outlets, and how the DA has actually been in touch requesting the names of the video providers and not receiving them due to the promised anonymity from the media....perhaps the case isn't going to be as easy for the DA as they thought?

I wish I knew more about the law regarding use of privately recorded video such as cell phone videos in court. I know it happens, I know sometimes it's been excluded as evidence, and I have no idea what makes it admissable or inadmissable.

70% of the comments are so !@#$ing racist....we really havent progressed much from the 70s to now.....corporately yes....but mentally there are so many racist and closet racist waiting to pounce on the 1st black or latino that does something stupid but those same people wont pounce on a redneck who does something stupid. sometimes it makes me sad we cant get over the pigment of skin.....yes call him an idiot for putting his career in jeopardy. but calling him a monkey and all this other ****. wtf brah? so unnecessary...im done with this thread.

I'm confused...you're quoting my post where I vent a bit at John C for finally acknowledging (to someone else, but hey) something I tried to get him to acknowledge---but a point about speed of issuing warrants that has nothing whatsoever to do with race.....

I agree anyone who thinks we've moved on from racism has only to read anonymous comments on a media website and there ya go, but what does that have to do with this thread or with my post that you quoted?

Nice mink stole. Was that a disguise, or is he having some gender confusion?

I think it's part of his jacket. Apparently mink-collar black leather jackets are a fashionable thing in the bling circles.

I'm confused...you're quoting my post where I vent a bit at John C for finally acknowledging (to someone else, but hey) something I tried to get him to acknowledge---but a point about speed of issuing warrants that has nothing whatsoever to do with race.....

I agree anyone who thinks we've moved on from racism has only to read anonymous comments on a media website and there ya go, but what does that have to do with this thread or with my post that you quoted?

Had nothing to do with your post. was speed commenting hit the wrong multi-quote doing a million things watching its always sunny in phili.

Pretty sure he was talking about the comments in the comment section of the crossingbroad website link Yolo posted. He's dead wrong about nobody ever talking chit about rednecks though. Southern whites are the last demographic of the country that still pretty much considered fair game by everyone to say insensitive and stereotypical things about. Especially from libs.

Sorry i'm not reading 58 pages in the other thread

If McCoy is charged with a felony assault, I could see Roger giving him a year suspension. This is not a thread to discuss if/when or how long a possible suspension might be. Just looking for someone with cap knowledge.

Does his bonus money still go towards the cap but not his salary since he is suspended?

Pretty sure he was talking about the comments in the comment section of the crossingbroad website link Yolo posted. He's dead wrong about nobody ever talking chit about rednecks though. Southern whites are the last demographic of the country that still pretty much considered fair game by everyone to say insensitive and stereotypical things about. Especially from libs.

Besides the fact that the cognitive dissonance in your last two sentences made my head explode, congrats for STIGGINIT to the libs in a delightfully off-topic way!

your right thats what i was talking about but i did not mean to quote him. anyways the people i hear calling black people monkeys and latinos wetbacks, i never hear them bashing meth cooking rednecks the same way. thats just my experience in life.

What did the Eagles win ?

A pissed off 3rd string running back named Demarco Murray.

Should have quit while they were ahead. At least he's a better red zone threat to pound it in (Murray 6 rushing TDs, Shady 3), and doesn't bring all the off field baggage. Shadys shake and bake routine which doesn't work in short yardage situations and limits his red zone usefulness is why chip started easing him out in 2014 Edited by truth on hold

Should have quite while they were ahead. At least he's a better red zone threat to pound it in (Murray 6 rushing TDs, Shady 3), and doesn't bring all the off field baggage. Shadys shake and bake routine which doesn't work in short yardage situations and limits his red zone usefulness is why chip started easing him out in 2014

Right again per usual jtsp. Keep up the good work.

Shake and bake doesn't work but bills led league in rushing. Weird math.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

your right thats what i was talking about but i did not mean to quote him. anyways the people i hear calling black people monkeys and latinos wetbacks, i never hear them bashing meth cooking rednecks the same way. thats just my experience in life.

See, that's what I'm talking about. You kinda lose the right to be offended at all those names you hate if you're allowed to call them all meth cooking rednecks.

What did the Eagles win ?

A pissed off 3rd string running back named Demarco Murray.

I'm guessing he'll be much happier with a coach that doesn't misuse him like Chip did. And If memory serves me, they were able to sign several players after the McCoy trade. Murray, Mathews, and some others in the defensive backfield. You can't point to the one guy that had the worst year and say "yep, they spent it all on that guy." It doesn't work that way. :lol: