McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Sources are saying four males have assaulted two off-duty Philly officers Sunday morning around 2:45 a.m. Both officers were hospitalized, no arrests have been made but McCoy is one suspect being targeted in an investigation. This is not a good start for some offseason news...

Original Source: http://6abc.com/1191784/

Original article by ESPN:

Poorly done video by someone at the club: WKBW article showing cell phone video of what looks to be McCoy...

Hypothetical salary cap consequences article from WKBW IF the Bills cut McCoy - HYPOTHETICAL

02/11 - McCoy has not been charged despite reports that an arrest warrant is imminent. Apparently the DA and police are still investigating. Quote taken from NBC Sports:

Bills running back LeSean McCoy is waiting to find out what, if any, criminal charges he’ll be facing as a result of a fight at a Philadelphia nightclub over the weekend.

According to a report from Mark Schwartz of ESPN, those charges aren’t likely to come on Thursday. Schwartz, quoting a “high-ranking Philadelphia police official,” reports that prosecutors want to be thorough in their evaluation of the police report and other evidence before making a decision about how to proceed.

Reports on Wednesday indicated that police recommended to prosecutors that McCoy be charged with aggravated assault when they handed the case over. Two off-duty police officers went to the hospital after a fight over a bottle of champagne with four other men, one of whom is believed to be McCoy.

ESPN also reports that attorney Jack McMahon told them that he is no longer representing McCoy. McMahon said that McCoy will now be represented by Larry Krasner, another Philadelphia attorney, in matters related to the incident.

Edited by lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From which teams?

i don't know. One was Curtis Brinkley. Apparently Brinkley grabbed a bottle of champagne that these off-duty guys thought was theirs, and they were not happy. Things ensued. Not sure what McCoy did or didn't do at this point. Kind of surprised no one was arrested! Edited by YoloinOhio

Oops. Do we get cap relief for his suspension period?

Typically teams do get cap relief for suspended players. It usually amounts to the game checks from the games the players miss, but would also include any bonuses they'd miss because of the missed time. I believe that the cap room would get added back as games were missed, not at time of suspension (but I'm not 100% sure about that). For McCoy that's $300k per game.

Why would you think this is odd? NFL players get hit by people the size of Marcel Dareus and return to the huddle for more. Cops are just guys (and girls) who can be pretty tough, but are regular humans.

I just thought that what was the other cop doing while Sahdy was beating the other?

CBF

Assaulted is NOT the correct term.

There was a bar fight involving 4 people.

The two (off duty) policemen got the worst of it.

Lets see how it pans out before we try and vilify Shady.

(and Rex)

Actually, assault is the correct term. Last time I checked you cannot get charged for BAR FIGHT. It's not exactly a legal term.