McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

I don't know what started this mess or exactly what happened, so this is a guess:

I think there is a better chance of a guy named "Shady," with several million dollars in his pocket, being guilty of assault than I would a member of a top notch police department with a fractured skull, but that's just me.

Yes, because we should always give the benefit of the doubt to the police. They clearly show excellent judgement in all situations. Especially off-duty in a bar.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting how the story is being titled "McCoy assaulted two cops." Why isn't it being titled, "Cops assault McCoy." Thus far we have no way of knowing which version of the story is true (if either) but that doesn't stop them from running with it.

Btw, not a McCoy fan at all and it wouldn't surprise me if he did start the fight, just funny how without facts they run with a version of the story.

Given the initial injury list, it is a pretty natural direction for a headline to point

I don't know what started this mess or exactly what happened, so this is a guess:

I think there is a better chance of a guy named "Shady," with several million dollars in his pocket, being guilty of assault than I would a member of a top notch police department with a fractured skull, but that's just me.

I would think that the guys with millions would care less about someone else's champagne and likely wouldn't be the one starting a brawl over it. Again, just my opinion...

Not to say all cops are bad, but the one and ONLY time I've been in a bar fight were with some massive a-holes that were off-duty cops who had an extreme sense of privilege in the bar they were in.

They figure with the badge, they should be able to do what they want. Would not surprise me in the least if that was the case here.

This was my first thought. "Off Duty Cops" almost always seem like trouble when at clubs, drinking establishments, etc. In my experience, the biggest A-Holes looking for trouble in those scenes are off duty cops.

I could imagine things getting real bad if its ODC vs people of stature in a DMC.

Edited by May Day 10

The truly juvenile spat with the Eagles, the all-women party stuff, the rumor I believe (because it's from GG, who is reliable) that McCoy was the force behind getting rid of Freddy, the ridiculous racism charges, and now this. He appears to be a grade-A a-hole.

Fine, but this would be the first incident, to my knowledge, that involves dangerous or criminal behavior.

Ill ask the question.

If Sahdy is found to be guilty in this process.Can the bills file for any relief?

In the event that there's actually evidence and he has to go to jail, you mean? Probably. There is likely some sort of contract void in this scenario, but I'm guessing.

Edited by fridge

The guy is talented, but may not be worth the trouble.

Remember the party that he had for women only?

Remember the way he acted like a little brat refusing to deal with his old coach?

He is seemingly a Prima Donna.

It is starting to lean that way. And, hated the big deal he made the whole week of the Eagles game too.

I would think that the guys with millions would care less about someone else's champagne and likely wouldn't be the one starting a brawl over it. Again, just my opinion...

Didn't Marshaun steal a drink or something like that in Buffalo?

Not all, but quite a few NFL players probably feel a certain sense of entitlement. They are cheered every Sunday and have been told how great they are for many, many years.

Oh come on, John. The guy is a good football player, but any non-homer can tell that's he's pretty much an ass.

No doubt he's an ass and I didn't need this story to confirm it. That's a far cry from saying he assaulted two people without any evidence. As I said before, it wouldn't surprise me the least if the story was later confirmed, I just hate the headline click bait assumption that they sell the story with.

Oh come on, John. The guy is a good football player, but any non-homer can tell that's he's pretty much an ass.

It must be hard to be so god damned perfect? You have never been in a bar fight in your life?

I have.....several....some of them were actually my fault.

- The Freddie thing is REALLY speculative (and no I would not like it if it was true)

- Young rich guys tend to party a lot with girls

- He is a primadonna and there is no questioning that

but

He is a hell of a football player.....and I dont require saints on my bills team when we are trying to win

Fine, but this would be the first incident, to my knowledge, that involves dangerous or criminal behavior.

That's true. I get off-duty cops being jerks at 2:30 am, but NFL players aren't guys I'd ever mess with. I just don't see that happening, but who knows. Even a guy like McCoy looks like he's built like a truck in ordinary non-NFL life.

How do you know the off duty cops weren't "shady?" We don't know who started the incident. We don't know if the off-duty officers identified themselves as such. What stands out to me about the little information we have so far is that they were all kicked out of the bar and no arrests were made. McCoy is seemingly the biggest name within the incident so of course his name would be in the headline. We shall see what happened soon enough, but I'm not as inclined as you to give the police the benefit of the doubt. Particularly cops who are not in uniform.

No doubt he's an ass and I didn't need this story to confirm it. That's a far cry from saying he assaulted two people without any evidence. As I said before, it wouldn't surprise me the least if the story was later confirmed, I just hate the headline click bait assumption that they sell the story with.

Fair point.

I'm hoping we might have some hot takes on this? Anyone got one?!?

McCoy is trying to facilitate his way out of Buffalo and back to Philly now that Chip is gone...

Even better, McCoy is trying to fight his way out of Buffalo!

It must be hard to be so god damned perfect? You have never been in a bar fight in your life?

I have.....several....some of them were actually my fault.

- The Freddie thing is REALLY speculative (and no I would not like it if it was true)

- Young rich guys tend to party a lot with girls

- He is a primadonna and there is no questioning that

but

He is a hell of a football player.....and I dont require saints on my bills team when we are trying to win

Um, no, I haven't. Not even close. I don't think i've ever even witnessed a bar fight, and I've been to a lot of bars. But that's just me.

He is a good football player - that is true. And as I often say, it's crazy for us to expect guys who try to nearly kill each other on the field to be able to turn it off in civilian life. Nevertheless, he's an ass.

Not all, but quite a few NFL players probably feel a certain sense of entitlement. They are cheered every Sunday and have been told how great they are for many, many years.

Brought in his own booze, I think...

I hear you on the "sense of entitlement", but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what happened in this case. Or maybe it was. We'll find out...

True and, at the same time, lot of cops are the same way.

Nothing good happens after 2am

CBF

I spent almost the entirety of my 20s living in NYC and spent countless nights out until the bars closed at 4am. I have a load of great memories hanging out with friends. Not once was I ever arrested or got into any kind of altercation.

So good things do happen after 2am!

I amazed how this board takes bits of disjointed information and runs with it- Holy Cow can we wait until a report issued?

That's why I haven't posted anything. Maybe he was just a bystander. If it comes out he was the one throwing punches then I'm ready to let him have it. F5 F5 F5

I have been to drinking establishments with both NFL players and off duty police. Only one of those 2 groups have tried to start fights with me and friends (multiple times).

Not saying that is exactly what is happening here.... but right when I hear "drinking establishment", "off-duty cops", and "2:30 AM", I tend to think the other group was baited and not entirely at fault.

With that said, NFL players need to walk away