McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be hard to be so god damned perfect? You have never been in a bar fight in your life?

I have.....several....some of them were actually my fault.

- The Freddie thing is REALLY speculative (and no I would not like it if it was true)

- Young rich guys tend to party a lot with girls

- He is a primadonna and there is no questioning that

but

He is a hell of a football player.....and I dont require saints on my bills team when we are trying to win

Would there ever be anything done by a Bills player (current roster at any given time) that would make you criticize said player? I'm talking about on the field AND off the field.

No Bills players ever suck.

No Bills players ever do anything wrong.

The Bills never lose because of anything a Bill did or didn't do.

Arrested? Video tape? I don't care. He's innocent. Because he's a Bill.

Common man!! There's got to be a line, I'd think. But I'm starting to doubt whether that line exists with you.

Would there ever be anything done by a Bills player (current roster at any given time) that would make you criticize said player? I'm talking about on the field AND off the field.

No Bills players ever suck.

No Bills players ever do anything wrong.

The Bills never lose because of anything a Bill did or didn't do.

Arrested? Video tape? I don't care. He's innocent. Because he's a Bill.

Common man!! There's got to be a line, I'd think. But I'm starting to doubt whether that line exists with you.

You read what you want to read......which is not a new development

Should they be "fair" and disregard any broken skulls? :)

Right now, we have no idea if there were actually broken skulls. America once thought that Darren Wilson was severely beaten when he in fact had a questionable (potentially self-inflicted) baby bruise.

I will hold off judgement. I find it beyond questionable that no police report was filed the night of, if these officers suffered fractured skulls. I almost want to deny it as a possibility.

Right now, we have no idea if there were actually broken skulls. America once thought that Darren Wilson was severely beaten when he in fact had a questionable (potentially self-inflicted) baby bruise.

I will hold off judgement. I find it beyond questionable that no police report was filed the night of, if these officers suffered fractured skulls. I almost want to deny it as a possibility.

What reason do you have to not believe the reports? Besides normal skepticism?

As someone that is more interested in learning the truth than placing blame on either of the two groups (though I think it's likely both were acting stupidly), I also find that incredibly odd.

Give answering the question a shot.

It must be hard to be so god damned perfect? You have never been in a bar fight in your life?

I have.....several....some of them were actually my fault.

- The Freddie thing is REALLY speculative (and no I would not like it if it was true)

- Young rich guys tend to party a lot with girls

- He is a primadonna and there is no questioning that

but

He is a hell of a football player.....and I dont require saints on my bills team when we are trying to win

I love it. Star NFL player and crew kick the crap out of table of off-duty cops over a champagne bottle.

That's a 1970's NFL golden age type story. McCoy and the guys beat the cops up so good they didn't even get charged. Damn media had to ruin a great story.

As someone that is more interested in learning the truth than placing blame on either of the two groups (though I think it's likely both were acting stupidly), I also find that incredibly odd.

A fight between police and your biggest VIP customers probably has a lot of incentive on both sides and as the host not to have police called. players don't want goodell, police would be calling their employer and the host risks losing big checks or upsetting authorities.

Could be a simple case of the cops showing up at work and being told they sure as hell have to turn in some sort of paperwork even if they aren't pressing charges or escalating the situation because they were idiots too

Oh, so just no police report?

In short, the United States justice system is built on innocence until guilt is proven. As such, I'm not so inclined to find guilt in this situation (or hardly any crimes based on initial reports). Currently there's a lack of evidence, including confirmation of the alleged injuries. As more comes out, I may completely reverse my feelings, but right now I haven't seen anything that's going to make me bring out the pitchforks. I would say the same if we were talking about Tom Brady.

In a he-said-she said bar brawl without video, I'm less inclined to believe the off-duty police that neglected to file a report the night of the alleged incident.

FWIW - below is a link to the Recess Lounge. It is a "members only" club.

http://recessloungephilly.com/

I also found this tidbit:

"Recess is a privilege, and what happens behind these doors, stays here." Apparently, that is not correct.

http://philly.cities2night.com/places/details/9756/0/recess-lounge

Edited by Peter

Whats wrong with this world where 5 or 6 grown men are fighting over 4 bottles of champagne at 3 in the morning, at one of the douchiest nightclubs in Philly? Football players and cops, formerly considered to be manly professions.

This is sad all around. At least there was broken bones and blood.

A fight between police and your biggest VIP customers probably has a lot of incentive on both sides and as the host not to have police called. players don't want goodell, police would be calling their employer and the host risks losing big checks or upsetting authorities.

Could be a simple case of the cops showing up at work and being told they sure as hell have to turn in some sort of paperwork even if they aren't pressing charges or escalating the situation because they were idiots too

Aren't they in the hospital?

So what would be the loopholes in this situation have to be for the Bills to get out of this horrible contract of his?

Possibly with a "conduct detrimental" clause. Notably, cap relief is directly tied to real dollars paid. Things like recouping portions of signing bonuses are tied to funds repaid, which basically never happens. But that's all jumping the gun quite a bit. Also the Bills would actually lose cap room in 2016 by releasing McCoy unless they designated him a post June 1st cut.

Edited by BarleyNY