McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought that what was the other cop doing while Sahdy was beating the other?

CBF

Well, if they were off-duty, they probably didn't have their tasers/nightsticks etc., so they couldn't use "non-lethal" force. So looking back on it, those NFL guys are d**n lucky they didn't get shot! LOL

exactly, throwing the fact that they are OFF DUTY police officers is simply to make this look worse than it is, if they are off duty, they are nothing more than bar patrons at that point. Can't wait to find out that one of them is a former military person just to make it even worse for mccoy

So he got into a bar fight. This shouldn't be a big deal. He may miss a game.

We'll have to wait and see what actually happened.

I think the fact that there were police reports filed after, but that nobody was arrested, says something about the situation...just not sure what.

Why would we do that? McCoy has now already cost us the season, become our least likable player and is a jerk for not walking away.

Despite the fact we have NO IDEA what happened - better blame Shady though, the other two guys were *cops*!

Disappointed by the Jump to Conclusions by some fans on TBD...

Dave Schratwieser @DSchratwieser 5m5 minutes ago

@FOX29philly No video of brawl. Video of ejection only. Detectives investigating as aggravated assault. No police called to scene.#fox29

Dave Schratwieser @DSchratwieser 8m8 minutes ago

@FOX29philly Police not called to brawl scene. Police report filed later by off duty officers. No charges filed. Under investigation.#fox29

Dave Schratwieser @DSchratwieser

"@FOX29philly Sources say officers suffered fractured skull. Broken ribs. Broken nose. Everyone ejected from restaurant. Video tape.#foc2"

"Was In reagrds to officer getting champange first. Proceeded to be kicked, punched, stomped."

If true that they were off-duty, and just bar patrons, I find it pretty crappy journalism to continually say "officer" or "officers". It is clearly a misinterpretation of reality. If they were real estate brokers you wouldn't see, "Sources say the brokers suffered fractured skull..."

Dave Schratwieser @DSchratwieser

"@FOX29philly Sources say officers suffered fractured skull. Broken ribs. Broken nose. Everyone ejected from restaurant. Video tape.#foc2"

"Was In reagrds to officer getting champange first. Proceeded to be kicked, punched, stomped."

Wow. Just wow.

McCoy is trouble. The signs are ALL there, and one has to be willfully blind to miss them.

If you look at the entire body of work with him out the running game didn't suffer.

The entire body of work?

WOW

There is some serious revisionist history going on right there

- Karlos was a beast.....but injured a LOT and a concussion case

- We went through HOW MANY running backs before we got to Gillislee? Boom didnt do jack.....Boobie is who we thought he is.....

You are way discounting the impact that Shady had on this team......the only good news is the bills did find Mike by the end of the season so we do in fact have 3 solid running backs.

If true that they were off-duty, and just bar patrons, I find it pretty crappy journalism to continually say "officer" or "officers". It is clearly a misinterpretation of reality. If they were real estate brokers you wouldn't see, "Sources say the brokers suffered fractured skull..."

Cops are treated differently. That is a basic fact of life.

Dave Schratwieser ‏@DSchratwieser 5m5 minutes ago

@FOX29philly No video of brawl. Video of ejection only. Detectives investigating as aggravated assault. No police called to scene.#fox29

Dave Schratwieser ‏@DSchratwieser 8m8 minutes ago

@FOX29philly Police not called to brawl scene. Police report filed later by off duty officers. No charges filed. Under investigation.#fox29

Oh, so a classic case of us vs them. We're cops so we are above the law type crap?

I find it VERY HARD to believe that these cops were behaving completely innocently and just happened to not remember to file a report until the next day...

Caller to Philly radio said he heard from someone who was there that the fight was started by the "cops" -- and apparently got the worst of it

I wouldn't doubt this for a second. Shockingly, the video of the actual fight is missing...

Caller to Philly radio said he heard from someone who was there that the fight was started by the "cops" -- and apparently got the worst of it

Yeah, but cops tend to get away with just about anything, unless there's video evidence to convict them.

Dave Schratwieser @DSchratwieser"@FOX29philly Sources say officers suffered fractured skull. Broken ribs. Broken nose. Everyone ejected from restaurant. Video tape.#foc2"

I can totally see how that scene likely played out. Several variations and none of them good. If the following facts are correct, it's bad:

- the incident started when NFL players took champagne bottle from officers' table and

- the off-duty officers are the only ones injured.

Still a chance Shady didn't actually participate in the fight/assault though. I haven't seen him specifically accused of that.

Edited by BarleyNY

Not to say all cops are bad, but the one and ONLY time I've been in a bar fight were with some massive a-holes that were off-duty cops who had an extreme sense of privilege in the bar they were in.

They figure with the badge, they should be able to do what they want. Would not surprise me in the least if that was the case here.

Skull, ribs and nose injuries? Gonna be hard to not be handed some sort of punishment for that, even if the cops started it, and McCoy was practicing 'self defense'.

Yeah, likely suspension being handed down either way...if the allegations are correct that he was involved. It won't matter if he started it or not in terms of the NFL outlook on it.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Yeah, but cops tend to get away with just about anything, unless there's video evidence to convict them.

It is interesting how the story is being titled "McCoy assaulted two cops." Why isn't it being titled, "Cops assault McCoy." Thus far we have no way of knowing which version of the story is true (if either) but that doesn't stop them from running with it.

Btw, not a McCoy fan at all and it wouldn't surprise me if he did start the fight, just funny how without facts they run with a version of the story.

Whaley does walk on water, doesn't he?

No.

He gets evaluated like every single other component of the team.

Many folks think he's good at his job. Some do not.

Some people like to exaggerated stances to make their point...this happens on both sides of the coin with statements like "Whaley is one of the best talent evaluators in the league" and "this team is the worst in the NFL at managing the cap".

My opinion of the definitive statement on Whaley comes in the form of a question--the answer to which nearly all Bills' fans are in agreement: did the Bills' team under-achieve in 2016?

I think we all agree that the answer is yes, they did. That means that the team was too talented to win only 8 games, which inherently means that they're a very talented team, personnel-wise.

But I don't want to get too off-track here, so let's get back on topic: it's not Whaley's fault that a player that's never been in trouble with the law had a run-in over the weekend.

What signs are there? Or are you reading tea leaves or something?

The truly juvenile spat with the Eagles, the all-women party stuff, the rumor I believe (because it's from GG, who is reliable) that McCoy was the force behind getting rid of Freddy, the ridiculous racism charges, and now this. He appears to be a grade-A a-hole.

What signs are there? Or are you reading tea leaves or something?

I don't know what started this mess or exactly what happened, so this is a guess:

I think there is a better chance of a guy named "Shady," with several million dollars in his pocket, being guilty of assault than I would a member of a top notch police department with a fractured skull, but that's just me.

A fistfight over a misunderstanding is one thing...I truly hope Shady did not participate in kicking or stomping a person's head while they were down.

Before jumping to any conclusions I'd like to wait to get some sort of official report.

It is interesting how the story is being titled "McCoy assaulted two cops." Why isn't it being titled, "Cops assault McCoy." Thus far we have no way of knowing which version of the story is true (if either) but that doesn't stop them from running with it.

Btw, not a McCoy fan at all and it wouldn't surprise me if he did start the fight, just funny how without facts they run with a version of the story.

Probably because the cops got the worst of it. Stuff on Reddit is basically saying that the cops started it, and the players finished it... but also that the players went a bit too far (stomping, etc).