McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mccoy's camp is saying today that he said "statement." The guy who took the video said it was 100% clear he said "mistake." Here is one of his interviews from today... Who knows. Anyway he goes through the whole scenario and encounter.

http://phillyinfluencer.com/2016/02/audio-sean-brace-talks-about-lesean-mccoys-comments-on-94wip/

i'm suddenly reminded of a teary-eyed deangelo barksdale being dragged from the interrogation room by his ear while maury levy slaps him upset the head with his other hand and demands to know what the hell were you thinking?

Maybe I'm naïve or stupid or both, but I still have a difficult time in the fact that you can charge one group in what was a fight, it wasn't someone being jumped, it was a fight between two groups of people and then the other group can walk away with the injuries they have but no charges. So does that mean ultimately if you want to avoid charges, make sure you lose the fight?

Maybe it means don't be complete kitties and gang up on people 4/1 or 2/1.

I don't want to be overly snarky, so how can I put this nicely? I really have no abstract interest in understanding your position. On a bulletin board, where one engages with other people, what interests me is whether a guy can acknowledge another's point and engages in discussion, or whether he avoids the point and engages in condescension. I think that question has been decisively answered here. G'day.

If you want to be snarky go ahead and be snarky.

I honestly don't know what you are getting at. I made some comments on this case as have others on this much discussed topic based on inferences drawn from the way the police handled this case. What struck me is that the police quickly sought an arrest warrant in a case that they knew was going to be a high profile case. The case then went to the prosecutor's office. There is nothing unusual that in a high profile case where top notch attorneys will be representing clients that the prosecutor's office would be extra cautious in making sure that everything was in order.

What seems to have bothered you is that you think I made an unreasonable inference from the quick investigating response by the police and the rather quick seeking of an arrest warrant. To you that meant nothing but I considered it telling. Am I making an assumption? Of course I am. I am speculating on this case as is everyone else is.

I have made arrests. I have taken cases to the U.S. Attorney's office. I have been involved in a few high profile cases. (note: A high profile case isn't necessarily a significant case. It usually means that a well known person is involved).

I'm not claiming that I am an expert in this case because I am not. But I do have some insight into the process that lends me to make some judgments. Are my judgments speculative in nature? Absolutely!

I believe that McCoy and his crew are going to be charged in this case. Is it an opinion based on speculation? Yes. In the not too distant future we should know how this phase of the case is going to turn out. If I wrong in my assumptions I will be the first to admit it. `

If you have a different opinion that is fine. Your opinion is as valid as mine.

Edited by JohnC

that's exactly what I heard. wish people would listen first rather than rush to write what they believed they heard.

I also heard "statement" which fits with the later "sooner or later"

I also don't see where the quoted lawyers get to "that's evidence now...his counsel can't be happy about that..." if he did say "I made a mistake". That could mean lots of things..."I made a mistake going to Recess" "I made a mistake hanging with those 3 guys" etc etc. I'm sure a defense counsel takes the view "less said, the better" but on the other hand if Shady snubs media and generates bad PR that doesn't help either.

mccoy's camp is saying today that he said "statement." The guy who took the video said it was 100% clear he said "mistake."

Nothing in that audio is "100% clear".

I also heard "statement" which fits with the later "sooner or later"

I also don't see where the quoted lawyers get to "that's evidence now...his counsel can't be happy about that..." if he did say "I made a mistake". That could mean lots of things..."I made a mistake going to Recess" "I made a mistake hanging with those 3 guys" etc etc. I'm sure a defense counsel takes the view "less said, the better" but on the other hand if Shady snubs media and generates bad PR that doesn't help either.

Nothing in that audio is "100% clear".

the guy who took the video said it was 100% clear to him (he wasn't referring to the audio, he was referring to hearing it live). Not that it matters since he's the only one who heard it live besides the crew who was there.

If your female-only party with NDAs doesn't turn into an orgy party, you have failed.

Maybe the NDA was for the cocaine, not the orgy! O_O

Sorry, sorry, just tying to keep the thread lively while the scales of justice work... :beer:

mcmahon is out as Shady's lawyer. Reported as shady going with a different lawyer today, but also could be that McMahon withdrew.

@mikerodak

LeSean McCoy informed defense attorney Jack McMahon that he will instead be represented by attorney Larry Krasner, @JohnBarrESPN reports.

Why did he quit the case then...or why did Shady then fire him?

Maybe Krasner has better dirt?

Maybe I'm naïve or stupid or both, but I still have a difficult time in the fact that you can charge one group in what was a fight, it wasn't someone being jumped, it was a fight between two groups of people and then the other group can walk away with the injuries they have but no charges. So does that mean ultimately if you want to avoid charges, make sure you lose the fight?

Looks that way. Hard to believe that the cops didn't throw any punches of their own.

Edited by Doc

Why did we sign him in the first place if his rep was so bad. I thought the Pequelas [spelled bad] were above this. Just his not tipping the poor girl in Phil. is a great example of him being dirt. He should end up like Rice- on the outside looking in for the duration.

It's only speculation but McMahon is up to his eyeballs in an FBI investigation in Allentown, PA that began this summer. So far, that investigation has spread to other agencies locally and has ties to influential people in NYC.

The mayor who appears to be the main target of the DOJ, retained him as his attorney.

Maybe Krasner has better dirt?

Looks that way. Hard to believe that the cops didn't throw any punches of their own.

If there are words and then shoving and the cops go down and the NFL guys begin their wilding session on the cops, what would you charge the cops with? It's probably hard to throw many punches when you are on the ground and outnumbered by 2:1 as you are literally getting stomped.

It is a bit bizarre that:

1) It took so long for the off duty police officers to report this;

2) It is taking so long for the arrest warrant (if it is indeed going to come).

I have a feeling that the DA is being extra cautious and does not want this to blow up in their faces -- if, in fact, an arrest warrant is to come.

It is a bit bizarre that:

1) It took so long for the off duty police officers to report this;

2) It is taking so long for the arrest warrant (if it is indeed going to come).

I have a feeling that the DA is being extra cautious and does not want this to blow up in their faces -- if, in fact, an arrest warrant is to come.

I think the delay lends toward a favorable outcome for Shady. If there were no loose ends, they'd already have him arrested. I wouldn't be surprised if the DA and Shady's attorney aren't already working out a deal. If the behavior of the LEOs was unsavory, it might be in the best interest of everybody to get this swept under the carpet.