McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

If there are words and then shoving and the cops go down and the NFL guys begin their wilding session on the cops, what would you charge the cops with? It's probably hard to throw many punches when you are on the ground and outnumbered by 2:1 as you are literally getting stomped.

And even if the cops did throw punches, you're allowed to defend yourself if somebody attacks you.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the interview that I posted with the philly radio station and the guy who took the video last night with McCoy's comments, they both thought he would end up paying off the victims and getting off on the legal end of things. The NFL would be his bigger concern. That was just their opinion.

I don't think it rises to the glory of the line about the red boxers: "as one police source put it -- "We believe the man in the red boxers who gets pulled into the ice bucket is LeSean McCoy." but it's pretty good.

but in Dunne's story the guy in the ice is told to 'chill'.. ya know.. like, he's in the ice.. so he's already physically gonna be cold.. and then someone yells 'Chill!'.. as in, relax.. but it's funny, cause he's in the ice.. so it's got two meanings.. ya know?

:flirt:

And even if the cops did throw punches, you're allowed to defend yourself if somebody attacks you.

Yes you are, but the defense should be proportional to the threat. We haven't heard or seen (in videos) the cops other than as individuals others are punching and kicking on the ground.

People claiming this was a bar fight where guys are trading blows toe to toe are at odds with what is known here in this case.

Why did we sign him in the first place if his rep was so bad. I thought the Pequelas [spelled bad] were above this. Just his not tipping the poor girl in Phil. is a great example of him being dirt. He should end up like Rice- on the outside looking in for the duration.

OTOH I hope he misses no game time for this when the dust settles. Fact is this O absolutely cannot afford to do without him if we are to make a run in 2016. He is probably its most accomplished member - and a dumbass.

Probation and many hours of community service is what I'd like to see.

Yes you are, but the defense should be proportional to the threat. We haven't heard or seen (in videos) the cops other than as individuals others are punching and kicking on the ground.

People claiming this was a bar fight where guys are trading blows toe to toe are at odds with what is known here in this case.

I now realize how my question came across, and I should've clarified I was speaking more in the general sense of things. I don't agree with ganging up on an individual and I'm not a fan of kicking people when they're down (happened to me once), but if it had been a straight up trading blows fight, I would be shocked if only one group was charged and the other walked.

@johnbarrespn

LeSean McCoy's new attorney, Larry Krasner, says that McCoy did not admit that he made a mistake. Krasner insists McCoy was misquoted

"That's actually incorrect," Krasner said. "What he (McCoy) said was that he would make a statement sooner that later." Big difference!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why did we sign him in the first place if his rep was so bad. I thought the Pequelas [spelled bad] were above this. Just his not tipping the poor girl in Phil. is a great example of him being dirt. He should end up like Rice- on the outside looking in for the duration.

Oh, c'mon man. Leaving a low tip for someone is a time-honored way of saying "I didn't forget, I didn't like the service". It's not like dozens of stories about "McCoy the Poor Tipper" came to light.

We signed McCoy because he's a fine athlete and his rep was not and isn't "so bad". No, it's not perfect, but what young man is? There's been nothing like Brawlgate previously in his past. What there is now IMHO is a big surge of Revisionist History with people claiming he's such a bad actor and not worth the trouble who never saw (much less reported) the signs proactively.

but in Dunne's story the guy in the ice is told to 'chill'.. ya know.. like, he's in the ice.. so he's already physically gonna be cold.. and then someone yells 'Chill!'.. as in, relax.. but it's funny, cause he's in the ice.. so it's got two meanings.. ya know?

:flirt:

I got it. It's funny. Maybe it's just the line about the red boxers that does it for me. Boxers, you know, guys who punch? OK, maybe I'm reaching.

It is a bit bizarre that:

1) It took so long for the off duty police officers to report this;

2) It is taking so long for the arrest warrant (if it is indeed going to come).

I have a feeling that the DA is being extra cautious and does not want this to blow up in their faces -- if, in fact, an arrest warrant is to come.

or maybe financial settlement negotiations are making police officer recollections a little foggy.

Is there anything in any of those videos which shows who the initial attacker was?

Im not siding with shady here....but I think that is a fair question. A LOT of unknowns because there is no video of the start of the event

I now realize how my question came across, and I should've clarified I was speaking more in the general sense of things. I don't agree with ganging up on an individual and I'm not a fan of kicking people when they're down (happened to me once), but if it had been a straight up trading blows fight, I would be shocked if only one group was charged and the other walked.

I haven't heard of anything yet hinting that this was a toe to toe brawl. The first reportt was that there were words and then shoving and then the beat down. One cop's lawyer is saying this "was not a bar brawl".

or maybe financial settlement negotiations are making police officer recollections a little foggy.

A report today said the delay may have been because the third cop came forward to make a complaint. I'm guessing the other tow already gave statements, so financial settlement likely won't prevent the DA from bringing charges.

If there are words and then shoving and the cops go down and the NFL guys begin their wilding session on the cops, what would you charge the cops with? It's probably hard to throw many punches when you are on the ground and outnumbered by 2:1 as you are literally getting stomped.

"wilding session"? Where do you get this stuff?

If a witness comes forward and says the cops punched McCoy/his boys, then the charge would be assault. That the altercation started when one of the champagne bottles (which were meant for the cops) hit the floor, it's reasonable to believe that the cops started it. And conveniently the security cameras weren't rolling at that time.

"wilding session"? Where do you get this suff?

Probably heard the phrase when hearing about what his boy Johnny Goofball did to his girlfriend.

If a witness comes forward and says the cops punched McCoy/his boys, then the charge would be assault. That the altercation started when one of the champagne bottles (which were meant for the cops) hit the floor, it's reasonable to believe that the cops started it. And conveniently the security cameras weren't rolling at that time.

He was beating on a defenseless guy being held on the ground by a a number of other guys. That hardly sounds like self defense Edited by truth on hold