McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

gahhhh I can't unsee that. But no, they aren't. Just saying that was what he ended up with per reports - it was forever noted as a "possible skull fracture" and someone asked if it ever was conclusive

My bad. I thought you were using the Rose example as if it wasn't that serious. I agree with your point though. Treated for a possible fractured skull does not make it a fractured skull.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. I thought you were using the Rose example as if it wasn't that serious. I agree with your point though. Treated for a possible fractured skull does not make it a fractured skull.

Rose seemed pretty serious, I thought. That guy has the worst luck. Edited by YoloinOhio

Rose seemed pretty serious, I thought

I never saw any pics of Rose and didn't think a big deal was made of it. Just saw him wearing the mask.

Agree about Roses luck too. Loved watching him play.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Sources are saying four males have assaulted two off-duty Philly officers Sunday morning around 2:45 a.m. Both officers were hospitalized, no arrests have been made but McCoy is one suspect being targeted in an investigation. This is not a good start for some offseason news...

Original Source: http://6abc.com/1191784/

Original article by ESPN:

Poorly done video by someone at the club: WKBW article showing cell phone video of what looks to be McCoy...

Hypothetical salary cap consequences article from WKBW IF the Bills cut McCoy - HYPOTHETICAL

02/11 - McCoy has not been charged despite reports that an arrest warrant is imminent. Apparently the DA and police are still investigating. Quote taken from NBC Sports:

Here's the thing about the off duty police officers. If they tried to use their power of the badge they would all be fired so they probably never told anyone they were police officers. Once a police officer has any alcohol in their system they lose the power of the badge. It was basically a fight between some guys at a bar and the fact that they were police officers have nothing to do with it. I'm not sure how it all started but they cannot be charged with an assault on a police officer. When I was a law enforcement officer 2 guys in our department tried to push their badge on people in a bar after they had been drinking and they were fired the next day.

Here's the thing about the off duty police officers. If they tried to use their power of the badge they would all be fired so they probably never told anyone they were police officers. Once a police officer has any alcohol in their system they lose the power of the badge. It was basically a fight between some guys at a bar and the fact that they were police officers have nothing to do with it. I'm not sure how it all started but they cannot be charged with an assault on a police officer. When I was a law enforcement officer 2 guys in our department tried to push their badge on people in a bar after they had been drinking and they were fired the next day.

interesting - do you know if that is true in all states?

Different that the other report of it not being until Wednesday at earliest

@crossingbroad

Source: Warrants-arrest maybe Sun-Tue timeframe. Said DA going extra step of seeking beyond reasonable doubt just for arrest. Not typical.

Alright, we're about to hit 70 pages.

Everyone take a minute to reflect on how you feel about Shady, police, Rex, and Doug Whaley...

Cheers, and lets make the next 70 pages as good as the last. There is no reason why we can't exceed our goal by this time next week.

- Captain "Megatron" Quint

..."if LeSean did what he did....."

Hmm, not "if LeSean did what he is alleged to have done"?

..."if LeSean did what he did....."

Hmm, not "if LeSean did what he is alleged to have done"?

Hmm, I saw the video and Lesean did what he did. Maybe a lawyer, a reporter, or ESPN should use the word alleged, but I don't have a problem with the mayor saying what he did. Not really a time to be PC here.

Hmm, I saw the video and Lesean did what he did. Maybe a lawyer, a reporter, or ESPN should use the word alleged, but I don't have a problem with the mayor saying what he did. Not really a time to be PC here.

It's not about being "PC" it's abut presumed innocence, which is just, you know, the basis of our Justice system...

interesting - do you know if that is true in all states?

The way it appears to work in Pennsylvania (me not being an expert in PA criminal law), is that harming a police officer is going to move your offense from "simple assault" to "aggravated assault." But, there's a catch. Check out the provisions:

Simple assault occurs when a person "causes bodily injury to another." (18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2701)

Aggravated assault occurs when a person causes bodily injury to, among other people, police officers "while in the performance of duty." (18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2702(a)(3)).

Given that it's unlikely that hanging out at "Recess" and ordering bottles of champagne was part of the officers' duties, Shady and co. wouldn't be facing the potentially higher punishment that would accompany harming an on-duty police officer.

Edited by Go Kiko go