McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/11/report-no-decision-on-lesean-mccoy-charges-expected-thursday/

According to a report from Mark Schwartz of ESPN, those charges aren’t likely to come on Thursday. Schwartz, quoting a “high-ranking Philadelphia police official,” reports that prosecutors want to be thorough in their evaluation of the police report and other evidence before making a decision about how to proceed.

I couldn't make out what he said. Would have been better served with a no comment if he did in fact utter that phrase.

the guy who shot the video, Sean Brace, has been on a bunch of radio shows today. He said he wants to make it crystal clear and he said he made a mistake, he heard it with 100% certainty. He understands there is a debate and people didn't clearly it, he admits he didn't have the best mic, but he said it was clear to him. Apparently he said "I made a mistake" and then the part about he will have a statement.

Not sure if it is a coincidence that he said that last night, and this morning has a new lawyer.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Maybe I'm naïve or stupid or both, but I still have a difficult time in the fact that you can charge one group in what was a fight, it wasn't someone being jumped, it was a fight between two groups of people and then the other group can walk away with the injuries they have but no charges. So does that mean ultimately if you want to avoid charges, make sure you lose the fight?

I don't want to be overly snarky, so how can I put this nicely? I really have no abstract interest in understanding your position. On a bulletin board, where one engages with other people, what interests me is whether a guy can acknowledge another's point and engages in discussion, or whether he avoids the point and engages in condescension. I think that question has been decisively answered here. G'day.

I don't understand what you are getting at. I have given my opinion as have others in this 1000 post topic on how I see it. I made some inferences from the rapidity of the way the police handled this case and sent their request to the prosecuting attorney. You seem to object that I am basing my opinion on the police's quick response in this case. If you disagree with my assumption then so be it. Clearly I am speculating on this case as is everyone else.

The case is in the prosecutors' hands. They are reviewing the case. They realize that this is a high profile case so they are going to be extra careful in reviewing the case and making a determination.

I have made arrests. I have taken cases to U.S. Attorneys. So I have some insight into how the process works. In a high profile case in which the police and the prosecutors know that there is going to be intense scrutiny they will make sure that they have their case in order. What made an impression on me is that the police department rather quickly sought an arrest warrant. That suggests to me (maybe not to you) that they had enough quality evidence to take this case to the prosecutors.

I'm not making the claim that I am an expert in this case. Different jurisdictions have different laws. But the overall structure of the process is very similar. If you have a different take on this case fine. Your opinion is as good as mine. What you are getting at in your responses to me has me befuddled.

Edited by JohnC

Maybe I'm naïve or stupid or both, but I still have a difficult time in the fact that you can charge one group in what was a fight, it wasn't someone being jumped, it was a fight between two groups of people and then the other group can walk away with the injuries they have but no charges. So does that mean ultimately if you want to avoid charges, make sure you lose the fight?

AGREE

McCoy’s camp claimed the running back actually said he’d "make a statement."

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/lesean-mccoy-says-he-made-mistake-hires-new-lawyer

Regardless, if he said "mistake", it will come out the "mistake" was going to the club (not the altercation).

McCoy’s camp claimed the running back actually said he’d "make a statement."

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/lesean-mccoy-says-he-made-mistake-hires-new-lawyer

that's exactly what I heard. wish people would listen first rather than rush to write what they believed they heard.

jw

I'm pretty sure he said "I'm making a statement sooner or later" or something to that effect... not "I made a mistake".

mccoy's camp is saying today that he said "statement." The guy who took the video said it was 100% clear he said "mistake." Here is one of his interviews from today... Who knows. Anyway he goes through the whole scenario and encounter.

http://phillyinfluencer.com/2016/02/audio-sean-brace-talks-about-lesean-mccoys-comments-on-94wip/

Edited by YoloinOhio

It's pretty clear that he's saying "statement".

Pretty clear? Stop. Anyone claiming they can clearly hear what he actually said there can't be doing it with a straight face. The guy who asked him the question couldn't even understand him.