McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, I think McCoy is a dirt ball. I don't know of any story where he hit a woman.

So in the dirtball rankings, he is below Manziel.

Which do you think hurt worse. The physical pain of getting hit, or the emotional pain of being told you're nothing but a dirty alley girl on twitter for the whole world to see? The latter is what McCoy did to the mother of his child. I can't put myself in a Woman's shoes, but I have to think I'd whole lot rather be punched than have something like that written about me online. Physical pain goes away. Those comments will always be plastered online somewhere. Hell, in the same twitter rant, he basically calls his son a mistake because protection wasn't used. Now his son gets to grow up and read how his father thinks he was an unwanted mistake born from a dirty alley girl. Who's the bigger dirtball again?

Edited by KDS73

That is likely true but the advantage of a 911 call is there a recording of the conversation that can be presented as evidence. Calling the station directly may or may not be over a recorded line so some potential record may be lost. Another option would have been for the off duty officers to make an arrest on the scene. Generally, police departments have an off duty code of conduct policy which describes the officers responsibility and authority when off duty. Not being familiar with Philadelphia's I can't say for sure but generally when an off duty officer witnesses a potential felony crime in progress they are compelled to act. The fact they choose to do neither of these, call it in or make an arrest, will raise questions from a competent defense attorney about the event. Perhaps their active participation in the brawl or intoxication led to their lack of action? But I speculate here.

good post APB

actually a lot of it is good. Anonymity allows role who might not speak to an issue to chime in. I bet it happens a lot on football matters. Could be happening here too. I see some pretty good thoughts on this thread.

agreed There are certainly some folks who either know the process intimately or work in field that can associate with almost any subject we here broach.

One of the many reasons i enjoy the diverse dialogue!

The biggest shame is that this was over champagne. Drink a man's drink. That is the lesson learned here.

you dont buy it for yourself fool. You buy it to offer the ladies!

and the cops Police bought four bottles for 3 guys. Hmm..

Best. Comment. Yet.

Could have been worse. Could have been Mai Tai's.

Mimosas even worser.

Edited by 3rdand12

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/report-mccoy-will-be-charged-but-not-tonight.html

@sean_brace Hearing LeSean McCoy is at a bar close to 9th police station. Crew of 7 with him. Charges/Turning himself in tonight? @PHL_Influencer

Yup... LeSean is here... Hoping to get video... @PHL_Influencer

Edited by YoloinOhio

What if one of the batteries thrown at him blinded him?

And there are also peremptory challenges.

Those are a different kettle of fish. "For cause" basically means not fit to serve, whereas a peremptory challenge removes a juror fit to serve but who the challenger does not want to serve. Peremptories are limited, which is why the distinction is important.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/report-mccoy-will-be-charged-but-not-tonight.html

@sean_brace Hearing LeSean McCoy is at a bar close to 9th police station. Crew of 7 with him. Charges/Turning himself in tonight? @PHL_Influencer

Yup... LeSean is here... Hoping to get video... @PHL_Influencer

If true, we can assume he's getting sound legal advice at this point. I hope his attorney can broker an out of court settlement. This is gonna get messy, I think.

GO BILLS!!!

or like watching kraig urbik pull

It's picking up now, and things like that.... I'm on the edge of my seat #shadywatch

@sean_brace

Bars packed, McCoys group just finished eating. Still finishing beers. LeSean not drinking. @PHL_Influencer

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was wondering about how a city cop could afford to party with the likes of an NFL millionaire?

Not excusing anyone's behavior, but...

That kind of expendable income?

Hmm...

Must have been in Mike Ermantrout's precinct.

Just rob the drug dealers and prostitutes. It's not hard.

Exactly.

Those are a different kettle of fish. "For cause" basically means not fit to serve, whereas a peremptory challenge removes a juror fit to serve but who the challenger does not want to serve. Peremptories are limited, which is why the distinction is important.

No, I know. I'm just saying that the defense attorney could use a peremptory challenge to remove a potential juror if he/she said he/she saw the video. Assuming there were fewer of them than challenges.