McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

I think the courts have ruled that Bryan Cox is the exception, you CAN chuck batteries at him. Other than that, I thought it was just something of a Raider Tradition. (Or maybe folk lore, but I like the Tradition idea better. Their fans make ours look "polished".)

On a serious note, are they worse than Philly fans? I've always thought they were the worst fans in all of sports.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Report: Police recommend criminal charges for LeSean McCoy

Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2016, 4:26 PM EST

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

Bills running back LeSean McCoy is moving closer to returning to Philadelphia for reasons unrelated to football.

According to 6abc.com, police have recommended that McCoy be charged with, among other things, aggravated assault following a weekend fight in a Philadelphia nightclub.

Per the report, a group of off-duty police officers had ordered multiple bottles of champagne. One of the men with McCoy took one of the bottles from an officer’s hands. A fight ensued, and one of the officers was “punched, kicked and stomped on his body and head multiple times” by McCoy and three other suspects.

more....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/10/report-police-recommend-criminal-charges-for-lesean-mccoy/

On a serious note, are they worse than Philly fans? I've always thought they were the worst fans in all of sports.

I wouldn't wear Bills gear to either venue. They're both in the running for scariest away game for me, but I'm sure other have had perfectly fine experiences. Can't think of another team to rival these two in this regard, but I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Just sitting here again thinking about how incredibly stupid this kid is. Innocent or not, being out drinking at 2:45 am and just not walking away when things get heated makes you think that he's just plain dumb or that he doesn't really care.

The problem for a lot of these millionaire football players is that they, like most people, try to stay in touch with family and friends from their childhood and college. That means they stay in touch with the context of their family and friends, which is often poverty and a "gangsta" mentality where it's "soft" to walk away and socially appropriate to fight when your friends fight. Add alcohol, and trouble will find them.

That said, no one is particularly intelligent at 2:45 am with an evening of drinking behind them.

The technique is "sabrage" but it's also called "sabering champagne". Napoleon and his cavalry were known for doing it. Coincidentally, Madame Clicquot is often in stories about Napoleon's soldiers sabering champagne and I swear the bottle in the video is Veuve Clicquot.

That's right! And I believe Napolean said, about drinking champagne, something like "if we are victorious, we deserve it, and if not, we need it!"

Sounds like ol' Nap coulda been a Bills fan.

Shady was an idiot on the Eagles and he's still an idiot. He does a lot of dumb things.

Still, he is a million times better of a player than Kiko. That said, the Bills have a bunch of unlikable guys on their roster.

Soooo how bout old Johnny for busting his lady's eardrum? Crickets? Glad they are getting the barfight taken care of though!

They are both scumbags and Manziel is worse. Two scumbags don't make a right though. :)

Could you remove a potential juror who has seen the videos for cause?

The juror would have to have a state of mind likely to preclude him or her from rendering an impartial verdict. I don't think the video alone would be enough to remove for cause. But others may feel differently.

I don't think any fans are worse than Philly fans. Some are more annoying at times, but not worse people. I remember this one story an Iggles fan posted about taking his non-Iggles fan wife to a game. They had been together for years, but he had always avoided it due to the behavior of fellow fans. He finally took her and the fan behavior was horrific, per usual. She was shocked and mortified that he would repeatedly, and for years, go somewhere where things were that messed up. He said she never looked at him the same way again and cited it as likely one of the reasons she left him. I wish I could find it. It was hilarious (divorce aside).

Normally, I'd agree. Front office and coaching staffs get pissed off over off the field stuff all the time. This time it seemed different. I got the impression McCoy was on thinner ice as it was. The conduct clauses are being heavily scrutinized, apparently.

GO BILLS!!!

so they aren't dancing on the yacht with wine and cigars?

They are both scumbags and Manziel is worse. Two scumbags don't make a right though. :)

Don't know how you figure one is worse than the other when they both have a history of treating women like chit.

Edited by KDS73

What if he tore his ACL while stomping that guy curled up on the floor?

What if one of the batteries thrown at him blinded him?

The juror would have to have a state of mind likely to preclude him or her from rendering an impartial verdict. I don't think the video alone would be enough to remove for cause. But others may feel differently.

And there are also peremptory challenges.

Trust me, I think McCoy is a dirt ball. I don't know of any story where he hit a woman.

So in the dirtball rankings, he is below Manziel.

Scroll down, my friend: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/02/09/lesean-mccoy-a-suspect-in-philadelphia-club-assault/. "Alleged," of course - gotta insert that caveat. Also, look up "McCoy deadspin baby mama". While not a story about hitting a woman, it's priceless nonetheless. There is some sparkling repartee in the tweets between the two parties, one of which is Shady.

Edited by dave mcbride