McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Not if you're on the ground getting stomped. How does someone make a 911 call during something like that? You'd hope someone would make the call, but I'm not sure how you would. And it's not like the other guys aren't going to scatter immediately. There were three cops, one of whom did not seem to be around the incident. One got stomped and one was trying to pull him out of the melee. Then they all got tossed. There's no time for a call up until then and even if one was made at that point, what good would it do? The other guys are gone.

the third officer was there according to the police report but didn't get involved/hurt. Wonder why he didn't make the call. And why didn't he drive the other two to the hospital? It said the first one drove himself. I'm just thinking out loud, not arguing anything. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the third officer was there according to the police report but didn't get involved/hurt. Wonder why he didn't make the call. And why didn't he drive the other two to the hospital? It said the first one drove himself.

Dunno. Maybe the third cop was in the restroom or off talking up some chick. Who knows? Nothing to indicate he even knew something happened. The two cops involved both got treatment so I don't know who drove whom where other that one drove himself to the hospital. Maybe the second rode with the first one? Or had his own car? Dunno. I doubt it matters unless his BAC got tested at the hospital. You don't want to have "driven yourself to the hospital" if you were over the limit. Could play into the case as well if it happened.

Dunno. Maybe the third cop was in the restroom or off talking up some chick. Who knows? Nothing to indicate he even knew something happened. The two cops involved both got treatment so I don't know who drove whom where other that one drove himself to the hospital. Maybe the second rode with the first one? Or had his own car? Dunno. I doubt it matters unless his BAC got tested at the hospital. You don't want to have "driven yourself to the hospital" if you were over the limit. Could play into the case as well if it happened.

Except for the melee happening all around him? Looking at the video, if someone was inside that club I'm pretty sure they were aware what was happening.

Still not smoking trident though...

A defense attorney not involved in the case provides thoughts on how this might be defended

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/a-defense-attorney-explains-how-lesean-mccoy-might-be-able-to-wiggle-out-of-this-with-a-wrist-slap.html

@joebuscaglia

Still no charges have been filed in the alleged LeSean McCoy incident, per the Philadelphia DA's office. #Bills

Not if you're on the ground getting stomped. How does someone make a 911 call during something like that? You'd hope someone would make the call, but I'm not sure how you would. And it's not like the other guys aren't going to scatter immediately. There were three cops, one of whom did not seem to be around the incident. One got stomped and one was trying to pull him out of the melee. Then they all got tossed. There's no time for a call up until then and even if one was made at that point, what good would it do? The other guys are gone.

I guess my question would be, so it happened, they got tossed out of the club, why not call 911 right then? Even if you know the other group leaves, you would still make the call and get the cops there to get witness statements and such. To wait and then drive yourself to the hospital doesn't seem the right thing especially since they are cops. If they were Joe Citizen I could see them just leaving and then maybe calling the cops, but for people who are trained as police, it doesn't make much sense to me.

A defense attorney not involved in the case provides thoughts on how this might be defended

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/a-defense-attorney-explains-how-lesean-mccoy-might-be-able-to-wiggle-out-of-this-with-a-wrist-slap.html

@joebuscaglia

Still no charges have been filed in the alleged LeSean McCoy incident, per the Philadelphia DA's office. #Bills

i have been trying to stay out of the fray in this thread, but i think this makes sense and somewhat what i have thought from the beginning. I will be first the first to say it has been a good 25 years since I have been in an after-hours club at 2:45AM, and i know norms have changed...but I have a hard time believing this dude just grabbed a bottle of champagne someone else paid for out of the blue. Something else was going on...and I got a feeling the cops involved did not want to report any of this, and i don't think it is only out of embarrassment .

Having said that, I will also wait until I see the content of the interviews of the people that were there before I form a hard opinion either way .

You don't make the call if you're on the ground getting stomped, but your friend who waded in to "break it up" could have called 911 before wading in - I doubt a 911 operator puts him on hold once he identifies as a police officer, Recess club, officer down. The two officers involved were also with a 3rd officer who could presumably have called. Then all 3 officers and all 4 football players were ejected from the club, and again could have called 911 after being ejected, which might or might not have kept the players from leaving but which would have allowed a team to arrive and collect witness names/statements.

I'm not saying they should have called, but I do think it's rationalizing to think they couldn't or had no time, and I do think it's curious if they suffered what have been described as "badly injured" or "serious injuries". (Note: from my days working ER, I would not so describe the injuries that have been listed - if the patient drove themselves and there isn't a knife or a gun wound, it's a hint it's not that bad.)

Edit: I note the defense attorney article Yolo linked raises the same question as to "why didn't they call during or immediately after the incident?" and points out that if you're a defense attorney with unlimited resources, you start looking at what the police officers were doing that night and how/why they were buying multiple $300 bottles of champagne and basically digging deep for dirt. And from a google search, this lawyer McMahon sounds exactly like the sort of guy who knows just where the "dirty boys" live and what makes them hop.

Edited by Hopeful

Well, it appears Bucky stole Sully's editorial before he could get his name on it -- check out today's TBN.

I will not click, but i am guessing gist of the article is cut McCoy, facts be damned!

I am sure he also blames Whaley, Rex and the Pegula's for McCoys behavior...cause that is just what he and Sully do. They have been shut out of both organizations since that fateful meeting in the News offices oh so many moons ago.

I will not click, but i am guessing gist of the article is cut McCoy, facts be damned!

I am sure he also blames Whaley, Rex and the Pegula's for McCoys behavior...cause that is just what he and Sully do. They have been shut out of both organizations since that fateful meeting in the News offices oh so many moons ago.

just look at those two and their coverage of Pat Kane over the years to bring the laughable hypocrisy to light.

The cops knew exactly what they were doing. They are trained professions. They know how the law works. They know how investigations work. They knew they had to cover their butts with any accomplices they had before filing the report. They were more than likely intoxicated as well. I believe Shady's biggest mistake was taking the bait.

The cops knew exactly what they were doing. They are trained professions. They know how the law works. They know how investigations work. They knew they had to cover their butts with any accomplices they had before filing the report. They were more than likely intoxicated as well. I believe Shady's biggest mistake was taking the bait.

hes never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

@joebuscaglia

The theory from the defense attorney makes complete sense and I agree it is how it will most likely play out. Too many questions to be raised from the off-duty cops. Why didn't they call the police immediately? Especially the one that wasn't involved. Instead they wait to file a report many many hours after. They could have called when they arrived at the hospital. I'm sure they won't want a very high paid defense attorney sniffing around their lives.

I didn't read it either, but I'm guessing you are 100% correct!