McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect there to be several people PO'd over this. Doesn't mean he's in any danger of being cut, though.

Normally, I'd agree. Front office and coaching staffs get pissed off over off the field stuff all the time. This time it seemed different. I got the impression McCoy was on thinner ice as it was. The conduct clauses are being heavily scrutinized, apparently.

GO BILLS!!!

The way I heard it, batteries were being thrown during the fight and that means Shady and the gang were in danger. Thus they looked for a boat to escape and found one. Used the champagne bottle to get the exit from the club started on the boat. Last time I remember being from Buffalo- fight- it ends- and everybody leaves. End of story. Sure some broken bones and stuff but "Suck It Up". Just my take on the whole thing. A bunch of babys.

Huh? Every Ready's or Duracell?

Please pardon this old man. In my silver years, I stay home home after dark.

Unfortunately even if the team desired to move on they are hamstrung by his contract and current cap situation.

See:

Normally, I'd agree. Front office and coaching staffs get pissed off over off the field stuff all the time. This time it seemed different. I got the impression McCoy was on thinner ice as it was. The conduct clauses are being heavily scrutinized, apparently.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know, champagne is traditionally opened with a sword after military conquests. That's pretty badass. I don't see manly men opening their Utica Club with anything other than a hamfist beset with diabetic nerve pain.

Also a winning point. Use of a sword to open a bottle in a crowded nightclub would be...challenging though.

Though I'd like to see it tried.

EDIT: I have always found TBD educational. It turns out there's a name for this, Sabrage, and a special sword.

Edited by Hopeful

I would be 100% fine with sending him packing. Cost vs benefit analysis. The only thing that sucks is the dead cap money. This team is in quite a bind considering the lack of star players or established QB.

If language in the contract allows them to negate or minimize the dead cap money I'm ok with shipping him out of town. Teams usually don't fare to well when trying to recoup bonuses though, do they? If so maybe the whole thing could be a blessing in disguise and we could move on from what seems to be an ever growing problem.

Draft a 3 down running back, relieve the strain on the cap from the RB position. Injury rates are far to high to pay a running back premium dollars from my point of view. If its not a knee it's a concussion or a hamstring, they are the crash test dummies of the NFL.

Can teams put a condition in a contract that states if the player is arrested or charged with a criminal crime that they can release them and be free of their contract?

CBF

That's a very slippery slope. False accusations happen far too often to have that language in a contract, IMO.

Can teams put a condition in a contract that states if the player is arrested or charged with a criminal crime that they can release them and be free of their contract?

The team could try to put it in, but the player's agent would likely advise against signing it. A false accusation can result in arrest or charges, from which the player is later cleared or the charges dropped.

Edited by Hopeful

Yes, damn him for getting injured!

What if he tore his ACL while stomping that guy curled up on the floor?

CBF

Criminal crime, maybe. Noncriminal crime, definitely not.

Didn't a group of fans once throw batteries at Bryan Cox? Was that the Raiders?

I think the courts have ruled that Bryan Cox is the exception, you CAN chuck batteries at him. Other than that, I thought it was just something of a Raider Tradition. (Or maybe folk lore, but I like the Tradition idea better. Their fans make ours look "polished".)

I don't know, champagne is traditionally opened with a sword after military conquests. That's pretty badass. I don't see manly men opening their Utica Club with anything other than a hamfist beset with diabetic nerve pain.

The technique is "sabrage" but it's also called "sabering champagne". Napoleon and his cavalry were known for doing it. Coincidentally, Madame Clicquot is often in stories about Napoleon's soldiers sabering champagne and I swear the bottle in the video is Veuve Clicquot.

The technique is "sabrage" but it's also called "sabering champagne". Napoleon and his cavalry were known for doing it. Coincidentally, Madame Clicquot is often in stories about Napoleon's soldiers sabering champagne and I swear the bottle in the video is Veuve Clicquot.

They also do it at Happy Hour at the St Regis Hotel, for those who can't just grab a cold beer somewhere.