Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys who call out pro athletes that are injured are likely not very bright , and probably are working a piddley job. What, now NFLers have to be PC? Whatever. I applaud the guy for calling out losers who would likely be hospitalized if they were out on the field for 5 minutes.

Dont lump me into the others. Im merely saying he should handle himself different as a professional and because he is unable to I can let him have it--booing him from my 50 yarders that are now 4 generations deep paid for by blue collar jobs in my family will happen. On a personal note I fought through things that most on this board or Sammy couldn't possibly fathom. Im going to leave it at that.

And so is this board at times. How many " would of " and should of's" or are guys, and are coaches do you see here on a daily basis?Doesn't say much for American education in general. Why should these guys be any different?

Hello! Your vs. You're and the whole laundry list of butchered English examples seen here over and over again.

The funny part about this is that the only people offended are likely the ones he is right about, and they keep exposing themselves in droves. Reality checks are hard.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Holy crap have you ever seen what people say about EJ??? Talk about a professional, level headed kid. EJ has tremendous class and hasn't called out fans for their comments.

So Sammy is a somewhat immature guy at 21. Okay? No big deal to me because he's not talking about the entire fan base.

And so is this board at times. How many " would of " and should of's" or are guys, and are coaches do you see here on a daily basis?Doesn't say much for American education in general. Why should these guys be any different?

Fewer exmples of butchering of the language than can be seen in Sammy's single post...

The funny part about this is that the only people offended are likely the one's he is right about, and they keep exposing themselves in droves. Reality checks are hard.

Im offended because my family is blue collar and we have had seasons since the franchise started. So my grandfather who sold newspapers on the street corner off the boat who ended up being a barber to my father who worked in a factory (Dunlop) for 35 years to me who served our country for 21 years are just piddley workers? Boy the Boosters in Clemson must of really stroked his ego and protected him from anything he didnt want to hear.

Big difference between griping on a message board and going after a guy on his social media page

As pissy, negative and downright unpleasant as I can be it's not personal. Those people harassing him are making it personal.

However, it happens to every athlete. Sad reality.

IMO this is more a symptom of Sammy's unhappiness here overall. I can't blame him honestly for being angry. Everywhere he looks he sees ODB JR and must feel like he's wasting his career here.

Edited by TheFunPolice

The funny part about this is that the only people offended are likely the one's he is right about, and they keep exposing themselves in droves. Reality checks are hard.

So now there are levels of fandom? I'll say this - I don't converse with players on Twitter and I doubt any of them read this board. I don't have Instagram. But his statement, though intended for certain douchey fans, comes off as misdirected, arrogant and elitist. Grow up Sammy...or grow a pair. You're not at Clemson anymore.

The funny part about this is that the only people offended are likely the ones he is right about, and they keep exposing themselves in droves. Reality checks are hard.

So true. I'm pretty sure Watkins would say a fan has every right to boo him if he drops a pass or stinks it up on the field. But going on social media and harassing the guy because he got injured? That crosses a line, so I feel Watkins has every right to come right back at them. Is there some unwritten rule that says they have to just take it? I don't see why anyone would be offended by it, save for those who either made those comments themselves or considered doing it.

So now there are levels of fandom? I'll say this - I don't converse with players on Twitter and I doubt any of them read this board. I don't have Instagram. But his statement, though intended for certain douchey fans, comes off as misdirected, arrogant and elitist. Grow up Sammy...or grow a pair. You're not at Clemson anymore.

I didn't mention different levels of fandom. Of course he can be more mature. I just personally don't choose to be offended by his comments. I haven't gone after him in any medium for not playing. IMO, he is not talking to Bills fans. He is talking to the bags who tell him he's a p*ssy for not playing injured, as if they've ever done the same. The ones who equate an ouchy in high school football to the injury of an elite athlete whose career can be ended on a single play if he's not at his best.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

C'mon man, you know why he TV networks are valuable. Say it with me...THE FANS....

You mean fantasy football. NFL is as watched as it is solely because of fantasy football. The rise of fantasy football took the NFL watch rates and soared them through the roof. It's not about team fans, it's 100% because fantasy football makes every game compelling and watchable.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I'd respect it more if he went after them by name and embarrassed them.

Instead he made a blanket statement about the kinds of jobs they do and how that makes them losers.

They are losers for harassing a man on social media not for the jobs they do.

How many satisfied, chasing their dream people are tweeting him hate do you think?

What percentage doing it do you think doing it hate their jobs whether making min wage or 6 figures?

Arrogant and elitist? His statements actually seem to fit right in with most of what is found on the PP&P board discussions. Either that is frequented by a completely different crowd or there's a lot of folks on here with double standards. Guess it's just not cool for these guys to say those things? I'm not directing this at you personally, just an observation. Food for thought, if you will.

Never been a guy who has railed against him. I hope he still shines and makes me eat my words, but with these injuries and his un-apathetic point of view makes me feel like his head is not in the game, and that he is softer than expected.

You mean fantasy football. NFL is as watched as it is solely because of fantasy football. The rise of fantasy football took the NFL watch rates and soared them through the roof. It's not about team fans, it's 100% because fantasy football makes every game compelling and watchable.

I don't have him on any of my teams, I don't care about fantasy football. I would absolutely prefer him to beat me (if he was on the other team) and embarrass me if the Bills win in EVERY instance.

For me it's not the fact that he is injured- it's a brutal game. It's more about the fact that he spoke about not being targeted when he really is almost never health. He missed most of training camp when the new quarterback was building chemistry. Just SHUT up and do your job Sammy. You will never win a battle via the internet. You have to be smarter than the people who are critical of you.

Ok- now everyone can attack me!

Sammy can play, much more so than those who rag on him because EJ messed up his ankle with an amatuer throw.

Sammy is a good kid...I really think he's good to his core...

But he's also frustrated...He was touted as the next great thing at WR in the NFL and as of yet he has not been able to live up to that for a variety of reasons...Add to that he's had to sit back and watch the entire NFL media fawn all over OBJ...The injuries...The Bills QB situation...Game plans...Etc...

I'm surprised Sammy did this...I kind of feel like it's beneath him...But...It's Buffalo Bills Football...So...I guess I should expect the unexpected...

Unless the unexpected is the Playoffs of course... B-)

Not wise on his part at all.

As a 22 year old facing the criticism, it's not shocking it'd get to him - and I'm sure he's had just terrible things said to him to spark it- but not smart or savvy on his part at all.

Agree, but Its gotta be very difficult to sit, and not play while reading crap being said about you from various sources. After reading all the stuff that's said on this site alone I think I'd keep to myself, and not read any of it.

its gotta be exceedingly tough to be burning to be a great NFL player only to be injured, and when you do play be the proverbial decoy WR on the team instead of the main target.

Edited by Nihilarian

IMO this is more a symptom of Sammy's unhappiness here overall. I can't blame him honestly for being angry. Everywhere he looks he sees ODB JR and must feel like he's wasting his career here.

This. This. This. (and now, Amari Cooper).

He is better than all of them. (DeAndre Hopkins). And he knows it. And it is killing him that he cant show it.

Also, I had forgotten about the Eugene Parker angle. Gosh, this isnt gonna end well. Unless we get a real QB.

OMG. You guys are defending this dope. I could tolerate the "Gimme my 10 targets" and "I could have Julio Jones stats if I had 20 targets" bull ****....but this dolt is bordering on TO material. Never, never, never call out your fans!! That's the sign of immaturity and a lack of professionalism. You can go ahead and defend him all you want but I've made up my mind on this kid.

I assume you haven't seen the type of comments on anything he posts on facebook? I don't mind him calling them out because they are straight up ignorant douchebags.

This just proves that Sammy Watkins could care less about how many wins the Bills have or the Bills franchise as a whole. It's all about him getting stats and looking good. The minute people aren't saying how great he is or being wowed by some youtube video of him at practice then he says something stupid like this.

He needs to recognize that he's in a production business and he just mouthed off to his clients. There is no point in having a "Ferrari" if its always in the garage. The "little" people/fans that he put down probably get paid to work per hour/week/job. The Bills have been cutting checks for him to crack jokes on the sidelines while his team loses to one of the worst teams in the league. I have a feeling if Sammy got paid per game or practice, he'd be out there a lot more.

Is this rock bottom for the Bills now?? If the Bills could get wins for talk then they'd be undefeated. Who is going to be the guy in the building to put an arm around Sammy and tell him to cut the crap?

Edited by sjjr

I guess he deleted the comment from his Instagram account...So now we can go back to giving him praise.

One thing is certain it was not driven by Rex. he builds Bully's. Most likely Eugene concerned about earning power when he signs elsewhere for his second comtract. Maybe he and TT can get some chemistry. So far the kid has played with mainly Orton and a second string QB. His comments sucked, but he is better than he has shown. he knows it Y'all.

Edited by Best Player Available