Do you feel different about the Colts win?

Stads

If this is already being discussed, please delete this thread. Now that you've seen how the Colts played against the Jets, does it change your feelings about our win in week 1? Most thought that beating the Colts was a fairly big deal since they were supposed to contend this year. I have no idea if last night showed that the Colts are a hot mess or that the Jets are a real force to be reckoned with.

It's been discussed, but I think it warrants its own thread because it's the first thing I thought about while watching last night's game.

I do feel differently, and it sucks. I think we'll all get a better feel for this team on Sunday. I suggest making a poll out of this.

Edited by Felonious Monk

I was thinking the same thing. I feel the Colts are not as good a team as last year. The Jet's have a good defense and a great secondary. Combine those things with the way we lost to New England and I think we're not as good as I first thought. This Sunday should say a lot more about our team.

I think the Jets defense is for real. I feel like what Bowles is doing there might be the next generation Rex Ryan in terms of creative scheming and blitzing. Last year he did really well with mixed talent/youth in Arizona and now in NY with that excellent D-Line plus Revis and some other solid vets he looks like an offense's nightmare. They were on Luch cosntantly, swarming the ball carriers, getting their hands on balls, ripping balls out. It was how I imagined our D looking. We can still look that good - and I hope we do after we settle down some.

Still not impressed with the offense. Marshall is a beast and Ivory is a solid runner, but Fitz is definitely holding them back. A few nice throws, sure, but off target often. I noticed they threw the ball downfield a lot, probably hoping for PI or Marshall to simply overpower the DBs. The Colts were down their top four CBs by the end of the night, so if they aren't scoring more points than us, their offense doesn't worry me.

Eh, not very different. If we are using the Colts as a measuring stick between us and the Jets I think both of our defenses are very good (which I figured before the season started) and I think our offense is ahead of the Jets, who couldn't muster more than 20 points (10 coming after Davis left the game with a concussion, and in a game where Butler was out)

a lot of people picking the Jets as the 2nd best team in the AFC East now. and to that I just have to :lol:

Jets have a good D but Fitzy will fizzle out and they will put Ge-NOOOO back in there and he will self implode as always. the Jets are 2-0 but I don't think they win more than 3-4 games the rest of the year

no sense in revisionist history, a W is a W is a W.

The issue is not whether our Week 1 win is still a win.

The issue is how good the Bills are now perceived to be based on a Week 1 win over what can be argued is a fairly average team.

So far we have beaten what appears to be a bad to average team, and gotten killed by a great one.

Let's see what we do on Sunday against a different opponent in a different class.

The issue is not whether our Week 1 win is still a win.

The issue is how good the Bills are now perceived to be based on a Week 1 win over what can be argued is a fairly average team.

So far we have beaten what appears to be a bad to average team, and gotten killed by a great one.

Let's see what we do on Sunday against a different opponent in a different class.

where and why does it matter how they are perceived?

I kind of thought the colts were overrated coming into this season so even when the bills beat them, I wasn't quite as thrilled as a lot of bills fans were

I knew they were overrated also, I was happy with the win, though, because it was so convincing. Not quite a parallel to last year's opener, where we beat an eventual 5-11 team in an OT thriller.

I knew they were overrated also, I was happy with the win, though, because it was so convincing. Not quite a parallel to last year's opener, where we beat an eventual 5-11 team in an OT thriller.

Exactly. I mean any win is good in the NFL so I was really happy about beating the colts, but I just didn't think the colts were a great measuring stick

Colts are a hot mess or that the Jets are a real force to be reckoned with.

I do feel good about that win. Indy is a good team. The Jets have a great defense, they've had a good defense for years. The "underestimating the Jets" thread crap is due to the Offense and not the defense. Their O is still average at best, which forces their D to play great every week and that's tough no matter how good the D is. The Colts will still win their division. I don't think they are an elite team, but they are the best team in that division....

Edited by ricojes

The Colts are worse than the Jest are good.

You could replace "Jest" with "Bills and have an equally good case. Just saying.

Now that we know the Colts aren't too hot, and the Patriots beat us are much better than us (as always), it looks like we really don't know how good (or bad) we are. The Dolphins will be a good measuring stick.

If this is already being discussed, please delete this thread. Now that you've seen how the Colts played against the Jets, does it change your feelings about our win in week 1? Most thought that beating the Colts was a fairly big deal since they were supposed to contend this year. I have no idea if last night showed that the Colts are a hot mess or that the Jets are a real force to be reckoned with.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Bills defense against the Colts. Much was made of the pass rush but I thought it consistently disappointed and that their victory should have been more decisive.

It will be interesting to see if Ryan can just let this defense go back to what they did well last year and THEN introduce some wrinkles........because they are in disarray defensively and their DL just isn't looking as athletic and explosive as we know them to be.

But there is such a wealth of talent on this team that they should be able to slug it out with anyone.

The Bills are in year one of a new system. The Colts are in what- year five? N*E* is in the same system now for over a decade and are the defending World Champs*. We beat the snot out of Indy and lost by a single touchdown to the World Champs*.

Yeah,I know how you feel. The Bills suck and you feel so low. :wallbash:

A win, is a win. However, we all knew the Colts Defense was suspect and they were going to have a pretty big day. I think we saw what we have in Tie Rod, he was exposed and will continue to be. I think the game plan has to be a lot better. If they are stacking the box, we need to take some shots and make them back off.

Edited by DirtDart