Possible trouble for Brandon Spikes; released by Pats

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was much but I thought there was a little. Ore to it.

Just three weeks ago, Spikes signed a one-year, $1.1 million contract with the four-time Super Bowl champs. Only his $25,000 signing bonus is guaranteed should the club cut him.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/06/police_want_to_know_if_brandon_spikes_abandoned_car_linked_to

Deny, deny, deny. Whether it's deflating footballs or murdering people and everything in between. Once a Patriot always a Patriot. I can't believe I ever rooted for this guy.

1. Get drunk/high

2. Crash your Maybach into a family on their way home from grandma's house

3. Tell onstar you hit a deer and then flee the scene

4. Go sleep it off

5. Tell the cops you don't know who had borrowed your car that costs more than most people's house

6. Get away with it

I think there should be a much higher penalty for fleeing the scene of an accident since the only reason you would do so is to hide something from the authorities. If they can prove he was at fault then I hope he goes to jail for this

Grandma must party like a rock star if the family can't get out of there before 3:30 am

sign him for the vet minimum. use him on 1st and 2nd down as a run stopper and it will give us the depth we need at ILB. it's a no brainer

the only reason i could understand for us not signing him is that they want Brown and Bradham to flourish on their own and they don't want a strong personality like Spikes delaying or derailing their development

sign him for the vet minimum. use him on 1st and 2nd down as a run stopper and it will give us the depth we need at ILB. it's a no brainer

the only reason i could understand for us not signing him is that they want Brown and Bradham to flourish on their own and they don't want a strong personality like Spikes delaying or derailing their development

from what I could tell, they wanted to sign him as a backup. He wanted more of a role. The Pats are going for a front 7 designed to stop the run, and Hightower might not be healthy in time to start the season. I think they wanted him on the team but couldn't agree on role/terms and the Bills weren't willing to really negotiate. They like Ty Powell enough.

Or they don't think Spikes is good enough to play in this D. Why is it a no-brainer? Spikes was on the bench a lot last year.

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

Or they don't think Spikes is good enough to play in this D. Why is it a no-brainer? Spikes was on the bench a lot last year.

possibly the best run stuffer at his position in the whole league. even if they only play him on 1st down and short yardage i think he would be a bargain at the vet min

Cut from the Pats*? There goes his defense. Anyone on the team is presumed innocent before being assumed innocent.

Obviously Roger Goodell is behind this. His campaign to discredit the Super Bowl Champs knows no bounds.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

possibly the best run stuffer at his position in the whole league. even if they only play him on 1st down and short yardage i think he would be a bargain at the vet min

He obviously didn't re-sign with the Bills for the vet minimum which is why he signed with pats. I think the Bills have moved on...especially in light of this incident....

Cut from the Pats*? There goes his defense. Anyone on the team is presumed innocent before being assumed innocent.

Obviously Roger Goodell is behind this. His campaign to discredit the Super Bowl Champs knows no bounds.

Maybe they should just reserve weekly hearings with goodell for current and former pats players.

@AdamSchefter: Patriots released LB Brandon Spikes, per source. Wasted no time....

Not a surprise, the Pats are in no position to absorb bad PR, especially for a back-up role player type, innocent or not.

ESPN reporting that 3 out 4 of Spikes tires were deflated and were not "Road Legal".

Reports out of the PATS* camp - "There is no truth in the report that any of the tires were deflated and even if they were - it would have made no difference in the outcome of the crash"

That's really only the case if he's not guilty, or there isn't enough evidence to either convict him, or suspend him. A hit and run involving injury is a felony in California. Not sure about Mass. But, signing him now might very likely be tantamount to giving up a roster spot.

Reached out? Give me a break, if he weren't a wealthy dude the only way they would have "reached out" to him would have been with a pair of steel bracelets on the reaching hand

Wlecome to Murica. Home of the free...if you can pay enough for it.

Now it would be awesome if he were completely innocent. Although I truly doubt that is the case.

id, at my own risk, assume that the pats security folks probably had intel that he was at a particular location in the particular car that night. making the "wasnt me" excuse not work. anything of course is possible but that seems most logical.

id, at my own risk, assume that the pats security folks probably had intel that he was at a particular location in the particular car that night. making the "wasnt me" excuse not work. anything of course is possible but that seems most logical.

Or they could have heard or heard from the cops that the voice on Onstar sounded just like Spikes and they already know, which would be easy, that the car hit another car.

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

I'm with eball on this. Exactly what good does Spikes do a team if he's suspended? Or in jail? The only no brainier is staying the hell away from this moron. And it isn't like stupid behavior is out of the norm for this guy.

I'm assuming that Belichick had taken Spikes back after Brandon promised to be on his best behavior. This weekend's events were the last straw.

Given Spikes (1)alleged attitude problems in the past and (2)their problems with his ex-teammate from Florida, Hernandez, this mess wasn't going to be tolerated.

Edited by Golden Wheels

Keep it up guys. The asterisk/deflategate/blame Brady shtick never gets old! I don't think I've read one funny joke yet.

Why would Patriots** fans find any of this funny?

Although what you say is true, the asterisk/deflategate/blame Brady schtick never gets old. You don't find humor in the fact that Spikes on the Patriots was a buffoon, badmouthed the team when he was there and then trashed them when he left with great stuff like "Four Years a Slave," then came to the Bills and really did (for a year at least) change his tune, was mostly a model citizen, played well, became a fan favorite, and then as soon as he went back to the Patriots** gets in colossal trouble, so much so that they have to cut him before there is any real charge or admission from anyone?

It may be sad but it's funny. And I like Spikes and hope in some way it was one of his moron friends and not him.

I'm with eball on this. Exactly what good does Spikes do a team if he's suspended? Or in jail? The only no brainier is staying the hell away from this moron. And it isn't like stupid behavior is out of the norm for this guy.

Marshawn Lynch ran someone over and didn't get suspended or arrested. My recommendation was based on the fact that I believed he would get away with it. But if the Pats released him maybe they have some inside info that this is a bigger deal than I thought when I made that post. If he's found guilty in some way then I agree, I wouldn't expect any team to touch him with a 20 foot pole

Marshawn Lynch ran someone over and didn't get suspended or arrested. My recommendation was based on the fact that I believed he would get away with it. But if the Pats released him maybe they have some inside info that this is a bigger deal than I thought when I made that post. If he's found guilty in some way then I agree, I wouldn't expect any team to touch him with a 20 foot pole

He did not RUN OVER someone, she was grazed by his car and he did not even know it happened. You are exaggerating.

You would think Brady would have learned from DeflateGate, but killing four people while driving on PCP and then leaving the scene of the accident to say you were in church? There is something wrong with that IMO.

No way. They had it comin'. [/Patriots**Nation]