Possible trouble for Brandon Spikes; released by Pats

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's not true, but when someone makes the election its better to flee and abandon their vehicle it often means they had some kind of contraband on them

It's because fleeing and abandoning the car can be the best legal course of action. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Spikes was driving, which is hard to do when he can just say a relative was. At that point it becomes very hard to pin it on anyone. Civilly he's !@#$ed, however, as they only use the more probable than not standard. I'd expect Spikes not face any criminal charges and just settle with the family.

Edited by Fingon

It's because fleeing and abandoning the car can be the best legal course of action. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Spikes was driving, which is hard to do when he can just say a relative was. At that point it becomes very hard to pin it on anyone. Civilly he's !@#$ed, however, as they only use the more probable than not standard. I'd expect Spikes not face any criminal charges and just settle with the family.

i assumed that was probably the case.

the person who spikes let drive his $190,000 car in Foxboro at 3:30am

the deer has been fired

My search said the car cost $459,000.

Brandon Spikes signed a 1 year, $1,100,000 contract with the New England Patriots, including a $25,000 signing bonus, $25,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,100,000. In 2015, Spikes will earn a base salary of $800,000, a signing bonus of $25,000, a roster bonus of $225,000, a workout bonus of $50,000 and a incentive bonus of $200,000. Spikes has a cap hit of $1,300,000.

So after taxes and money for his agent - if he bought the car this year then he just blew threw his entire years salary.

The NFL and NFLPA should mandate that half the money players make goes into a trust fund they can't touch. I think that is what Michael Jordan did early in his career.

My search said the car cost $459,000.

Brandon Spikes signed a 1 year, $1,100,000 contract with the New England Patriots, including a $25,000 signing bonus, $25,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,100,000. In 2015, Spikes will earn a base salary of $800,000, a signing bonus of $25,000, a roster bonus of $225,000, a workout bonus of $50,000 and a incentive bonus of $200,000. Spikes has a cap hit of $1,300,000.

So after taxes and money for his agent - if he bought the car this year then he just blew threw his entire years salary.

The NFL and NFLPA should mandate that half the money players make goes into a trust fund they can't touch. I think that is what Michael Jordan did early in his career.

it was reported as 190k - I think it was a 2011. either way hes only 27 and already on the fringes of the league based on when he signed and that he keeps getting only 1 year contracts. Should save his money. Jmo of course!

So the car had flat tires??

Yes, 11 of the 12 tires were deflated. Clearly it was a Brady issue.

And the pressure in the AC system was low too. The Locker room attendants took the car because Tom told them to but Bill knew nothing about it.

Lmao at this comment on PFT

meyerla says:

Jun 7, 2015 6:11 PM

Stay tuned for Belichicks PC where he explains how hitting a deer can leave paint residue on a car and make the driver become invisible.

Robert Kraft demands an apology from all of you.

It's because fleeing and abandoning the car can be the best legal course of action. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Spikes was driving, which is hard to do when he can just say a relative was. At that point it becomes very hard to pin it on anyone. Civilly he's !@#$ed, however, as they only use the more-probable-than-not standard. I'd expect Spikes not face any criminal charges and just settle with the family.

Well judging how that standard went over with Deflategate, I'd say Mr. Spikes can rest easy.

Deny, deny, deny. Whether it's deflating footballs or murdering people and everything in between. Once a Patriot always a Patriot. I can't believe I ever rooted for this guy.

1. Get drunk/high

2. Crash your Maybach into a family on their way home from grandma's house

3. Tell onstar you hit a deer and then flee the scene

4. Go sleep it off

5. Tell the cops you don't know who had borrowed your car that costs more than most people's house

6. Get away with it

I think there should be a much higher penalty for fleeing the scene of an accident since the only reason you would do so is to hide something from the authorities. If they can prove he was at fault then I hope he goes to jail for this

You would think Brady would have learned from DeflateGate, but killing four people while driving on PCP and then leaving the scene of the accident to say you were in church? There is something wrong with that IMO.

True story...the Godfather of young Benjamin Brady?

None other than Tom Donahoe.

FWIW. I hit 2 correction 1 deer ran into the side of my explorer driving 55, the other deer ran across the street in front of my car driving at 35 mph.

Where the !@#$ do you live & WTF do they give deers a drivers license? Did they at least have insurance?