Possible trouble for Brandon Spikes; released by Pats

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id, at my own risk, assume that the pats security folks probably had intel that he was at a particular location in the particular car that night. making the "wasnt me" excuse not work. anything of course is possible but that seems most logical.

Or they could have heard or heard from the cops that the voice on Onstar sounded just like Spikes and they already know, which would be easy, that the car hit another car.

sign him for the vet minimum. use him on 1st and 2nd down as a run stopper and it will give us the depth we need at ILB. it's a no brainer

the only reason i could understand for us not signing him is that they want Brown and Bradham to flourish on their own and they don't want a strong personality like Spikes delaying or derailing their development

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

I'm with eball on this. Exactly what good does Spikes do a team if he's suspended? Or in jail? The only no brainier is staying the hell away from this moron. And it isn't like stupid behavior is out of the norm for this guy.

I'm assuming that Belichick had taken Spikes back after Brandon promised to be on his best behavior. This weekend's events were the last straw.

Given Spikes (1)alleged attitude problems in the past and (2)their problems with his ex-teammate from Florida, Hernandez, this mess wasn't going to be tolerated.

Edited by Golden Wheels

Keep it up guys. The asterisk/deflategate/blame Brady shtick never gets old! I don't think I've read one funny joke yet.

Why would Patriots** fans find any of this funny?

Although what you say is true, the asterisk/deflategate/blame Brady schtick never gets old. You don't find humor in the fact that Spikes on the Patriots was a buffoon, badmouthed the team when he was there and then trashed them when he left with great stuff like "Four Years a Slave," then came to the Bills and really did (for a year at least) change his tune, was mostly a model citizen, played well, became a fan favorite, and then as soon as he went back to the Patriots** gets in colossal trouble, so much so that they have to cut him before there is any real charge or admission from anyone?

It may be sad but it's funny. And I like Spikes and hope in some way it was one of his moron friends and not him.

I'm with eball on this. Exactly what good does Spikes do a team if he's suspended? Or in jail? The only no brainier is staying the hell away from this moron. And it isn't like stupid behavior is out of the norm for this guy.

Marshawn Lynch ran someone over and didn't get suspended or arrested. My recommendation was based on the fact that I believed he would get away with it. But if the Pats released him maybe they have some inside info that this is a bigger deal than I thought when I made that post. If he's found guilty in some way then I agree, I wouldn't expect any team to touch him with a 20 foot pole

Marshawn Lynch ran someone over and didn't get suspended or arrested. My recommendation was based on the fact that I believed he would get away with it. But if the Pats released him maybe they have some inside info that this is a bigger deal than I thought when I made that post. If he's found guilty in some way then I agree, I wouldn't expect any team to touch him with a 20 foot pole

He did not RUN OVER someone, she was grazed by his car and he did not even know it happened. You are exaggerating.

You would think Brady would have learned from DeflateGate, but killing four people while driving on PCP and then leaving the scene of the accident to say you were in church? There is something wrong with that IMO.

No way. They had it comin'. [/Patriots**Nation]