Possible trouble for Brandon Spikes; released by Pats

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRENTHAM, Mass. -- Former Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes has pleaded guilty in a hit-and-run crash that injured three people, and he will serve a year of probation.why did they bother saying former bills linebacker? That's ridiculous

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...gets-probation

Perhaps because he's a former Bills linebacker?

Spikes was a good leader and player for the Bills last year.

He made a huge mistake. But that should not mean the end of his career.

The Bills should sign him. This would not cost a great deal. They would get a very good player for a low price and Spikes would get an opportunity.

Perhaps because he's a former Bills linebacker?

Does he know something we dont? Bills have B Spikes handshake on a contract?

i would imagine he is back down around the Vet minimum about now. get er done Whaley!

Dareus and Hughes can monitor him ?

Spikes was a good leader and player for the Bills last year.

He made a huge mistake. But that should not mean the end of his career.

The Bills should sign him. This would not cost a great deal. They would get a very good player for a low price and Spikes would get an opportunity.

I am on board with this M D.

Does he know something we dont? Bills have B Spikes handshake on a contract?

i would imagine he is back down around the Vet minimum about now. get er done Whaley!

Dareus and Hughes can monitor him ?

I am on board with this M D.

He's got to serve a suspension first however long that would be. i don't see it.

Do not think he is suspended yet since he just plead but if he gets on a roster the market will come out and any team signing him to contract pre-first game of season is risking having him out portion of season. It would be best for him to have commission hearing as soon as possible.

Do not think he is suspended yet since he just plead but if he gets on a roster the market will come out and any team signing him to contract pre-first game of season is risking having him out portion of season. It would be best for him to have commission hearing as soon as possible.

Once he signs with a team it is very well possible that a team could uphold a suspension for this.

Spikes was a good fit for the Wide 9 defense, but Rex wants middle LB's that are faster, He doesn't fit for this defense. I liked him last year. It doesn't excuse what he allegedly did with fleeing the scene of an accident.

The one upside for any 4-3 defense is he would be a league minimum salary, and is a great run stuffer.