[closed]Charles Clay to Bills? - the sequel/trilogy

So my understanding of the process with the tag in place:

• Clay can sign his tender from Miami or he can solicit offers from other teams
  • Clay can only present one to Miami. This offer does not have to be > the $7 million tender.
  • Miami has 5 days to match offer or not
  • If they do, that is his new contract with Miami
  • If they do not, that is his new contract with the offering team

Right?

Sounds correct to me

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Clay can only present one to Miami. This offer does not have to be > the $7 million tender.

Right?

:thumbsup:

Right?

or the wild card is that he can sign a long term deal with Miami but I think that ship has sailed now that they have Cameron as reports have said they will keep the tag in place for Clay

There is no Dolphin buggery so bad it's not funny. Hell, I still laugh about the Miami-Jacksonville playoff game.

And I will go to my grave smiling about the way in which the Bills "retired" Don Shula.

Haha. Clabo Tyson is the better player. I do like Clay Charles though a lot.

agreed, and although Scott Chandler had his shortcomings, I do think he deserves more credit than he sometimes gets. I mean, he's not Chandler Scott for goodness sakes.

If the Dolphins don't remove his transition tender (which they probably won't), are you guys going to bump this thread for the next 5 days? That will probably set a TBD record for "most excitement over a marginal player" since...since....ever?

And I will go to my grave smiling about the way in which the Bills "retired" Don Shula.

Same here.

For many of the younger generation of fans, it's about beating the Pats* and understandably so. But for me, it will always be about beating Miami. Going an entire decade without beating a team has a way of burning into your psyche and leaving permanent mental scars. I used to fantasize that Shula's bulging jugular would burst out of his neck during one of his sideline, ref-manipulating tirades and he would collapse right there and bleed to death; each pulsating burst of blood serving as an exclamation to my screams of, "Die motherphucker! Die and rid the world of your evil!" And just as I was about to plunge that wooden stake into his lifeless form, Don Phucking Nottingham would rumble for 50 yards and a TD.

Where are you, Pat Toomay!

GO BILLS!!!

If the Dolphins don't remove his transition tender (which they probably won't), are you guys going to bump this thread for the next 5 days? That will probably set a TBD record for "most excitement over a marginal player" since...since....ever?

Your opinion is vastly different than Whaley who called him "such a special player"...therefore I think I'll believe Whaley...

Your opinion is vastly different than Whaley who called him "such a special player"...therefore I think I'll believe Whaley...

And my two dolphin fan buddies didn't want to lose him at all said all around good te who creates tons of matchup problems

but are okay with it since Cameron signed

Saints are trading WR Kenny Stills to the 'Phins

At work can't post the tweet...

The Dolphins are going to be cutting 10 players next year after they end up going 8-8 again this year ans realize they are in salary cap hell

I think that might mean that Miami either trades or cuts Mike Wallace. I know he's owed like 10 mil, idk what his cap hit would be. But assuming they are able to cut Wallace from the roster..that would give them the ability to pay Clay.

Cap hit for Cameron comessage out to be only 4.5M. Which means they *still* have 9.2M with Clay unaccounted for.

Still...next year is going to be a baaaaaad time for the Phins. So many contracts come up when Suh and Cameron's deals hit their money years. Maybe if we structure similarly and guarantee a lot of money next year.

Cap hit for Cameron comessage out to be only 4.5M. Which means they *still* have 9.2M with Clay unaccounted for.

Still...next year is going to be a baaaaaad time for the Phins. So many contracts come up when Suh and Cameron's deals hit their money years. Maybe if we structure similarly and guarantee a lot of money next year.

They are -2.9m with Clay, Cameron and draft picks included.

Well Stills for Ellerbe and a 3rd just made things interesting. Just cleared up about 9.8m so they are at 7m with draft picks included.

Edited by The Wiz

Don't be silly. YOLO will start a new thread, and call it "Charles Clay to the Bills III: The Limbo Continues."

Even Peter Jackson would have finished this story by now.

kj