• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way.

This is definitely the first thread discussing the pulling of Clay's tranny.

OMG! What does Richie think about that?

With Miami signing a name TE like Cameron it seems as if Miami has resigned itself to losing out on Clay. We shall see.

I think Clay ends up in Buffalo as a result.

Word has it that he was not just visiting, but looking a potential real estate while in town.

Just don't re-sign him. I'm fine with them being resigned.

I still think Murray would have been a better fit for our ground & pound offense plus we would still have Kiko.

Wrong thread.

What does this even mean

@Ajbisons: @reinagel_daniel #Dolphins are banking on a bidding war for Charles Clay b/c there's more risk for competing teams to lose him in FA market.

I think it means that guy doesn't know what the heck he's talking about.

Wrong thread.

Beerball,

Maybe he means that Miami is hoping that Buffalo/Cleveland signs him to an offer sheet, and then Miami could trade him to the other team which will in turn match the offer sheet.

Not sure if this is possible, can a player be traded after they sign an offer sheet and the original team is within their 5 day window?

I know he is eligible to be traded right now, IE Peerless Price...but not sure on the point after the offer sheet is signed.

I still think Murray would have been a better fit for our ground & pound offense plus we would still have Kiko.

Far more risk in terms of him staying healthy and signing with the Bills. Looks like he wanted to stick it to Dallas, while getting paid well.

I'd like to play poker with Dolphins management. They are bluffing. Badly. No one keeps two TE's at $7+ million.

So, either Clay is dumb and signs a long term deal with Miami for WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY less money (guaranteed money is all that matters)

or

Clay signs his tag deal and then the Dolphins convince another team to trade them something (pick or player) to get Clay - a player they can negotiate with anytime they want

and give the Fish nothing in return (ok Maybe the eagles are this stupid)

or

We can believe the Fish will match any deal Clay makes with another team which will undoubtedly be $7 mil per year with guaranteed money

or

Miami actually plans to sign Clay to a multi year deal worth $7 million which is substantially better (or close enough as good) to the Deal the Bills were discussing with Clay the past two days.

Sure, I'll fold, Miami. I am soooooooooo scared of your bluff.

Edited by richNjoisy

How about Clay just signs with us knowing Miami won't try and match? If I was him I'd be pissed at the Dolphins. He heard the Bills had a serious chance at getting him so he took a trip to check it out, decided he wanted to stay in Miami, goes home and says what can you give me long term to keep me here and they say nothing we would rather have Jordan Cameron. I would have gotten right back on Air Pegula and signed with the Bills.

Beerball,

Maybe he means that Miami is hoping that Buffalo/Cleveland signs him to an offer sheet, and then Miami could trade him to the other team which will in turn match the offer sheet.

Not sure if this is possible, can a player be traded after they sign an offer sheet and the original team is within their 5 day window?

I know he is eligible to be traded right now, IE Peerless Price...but not sure on the point after the offer sheet is signed.

Can't trade a guy that isn't under contract. Until you have him inked, no.

Wrong thread.

I kind of get it. Its kind of like that why trade for a guy who was getting cut type deal. Basically a bidding war controls where clay can goes... in the sense the dolphins feel like matching another teams offer and Clay automatically comes back vs Clay going out and signing wherever he wants for whatever he wants. If he hit free agency he is history. Eh nevermind. I dont know

How about Clay just signs with us knowing Miami won't try and match? If I was him I'd be pissed at the Dolphins. He heard the Bills had a serious chance at getting him so he took a trip to check it out, decided he wanted to stay in Miami, goes home and says what can you give me long term to keep me here and they say nothing we would rather have Jordan Cameron. I would have gotten right back on Air Pegula and signed with the Bills.

Where has it been reported, implied, or even hinted that Clay "decided he wanted to stay in Miami?"

I kind of get it. Its kind of like that why trade for a guy who was getting cut type deal. Basically a bidding war controls where clay can goes... in the sense the dolphins feel like matching another teams offer and Clay automatically comes back vs Clay going out and signing wherever he wants for whatever he wants. If he hit free agency he is history. Eh nevermind. I dont know

The reason that the Dolphins haven't rescinded the tag is because they want the Bills to be scared that they may match. The Dolphins are banking on the Bills structuring a deal in a manner that the Dolphins won't match. This structure isn't the most cap friendly way for the Bills to put a deal together. Miami is trying to prevent the Bills from having the flexibility to make other moves that they may want to make (ie Harvin).